2014 District 10-AAA

howdoitknow

Since I don't have a clue about Clarksville area schools and have said so before, how is spring practice going up there.  Havent heard anything from the Clarksville fans since they blamed an former coach for comments about how good they gonna be this year.

I would say that most of us are full of quiet optimism.

We have a lot to get caught up on, but it looks like everything will fall into place for us to have a good season.

We finished up our Spring with a scrimmage against Gallatin on May 9th, and we just had our 1st annual Lift-A-Thon on May 16th.

Although some comments in the past may have seemed over the top, we are very excited for next season.

Go Cats!

What Was the score vs Gallatin? How bout the other teams around their? Coaching changes prolly hurt you guys since you didn't get to coach em but a few days?

14-8 Gallatin. I thought Clarksville looked better than they have the past few years. Both QBs looked capable throwing and running and they had a hard running back #27. Looked just like a typical NE team but in Clarksville colors.

14-8, so Clarksville scored a TD and got a safety...not bad except for a miss xpt.  Typical NE team must mean they run the option.  Only way I know that is coaches from West are friends of mine and they told me NE was a big option team.  Good luck to Gallatin and to Clarksville.

14-8, so Clarksville scored a TD and got a safety...not bad except for a miss xpt. Typical NE team must mean they run the option. Only way I know that is coaches from West are friends of mine and they told me NE was a big option team. Good luck to Gallatin and to Clarksville.

Well scored a td and got a 2 pt conversion as there was no kicking in the scrimmage. Very option oriented.

Ya'll must do scrimmages different in Middle Tenn. We just count TDs most of the time. Never ever heard of a 2 pt conversion in any kind of scrimmage before. They running shotgun or under center option stuff? Most people in this area have gone to shotgun option stuff with bunch of play action passes

Ya'll must do scrimmages different in Middle Tenn. We just count TDs most of the time. Never ever heard of a 2 pt conversion in any kind of scrimmage before. They running shotgun or under center option stuff? Most people in this area have gone to shotgun option stuff with bunch of play action passes

To tell the truth I can't remember. I have slept since then. Maybe Pilgrim can tell you or another Clarksville supporter. Lots of teams have gone to the shotgun spread around here too. Gallatin will run both shotgun spread and I-formation under center. Clarksville did look better than I remember them from the past few years. Does that translate to wins on the field, I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To tell the truth I can't remember. I have slept since then. Maybe Pilgrim can tell you or another Clarksville supporter. Lots of teams have gone to the shotgun spread around here too. Gallatin will run both shotgun spread and I-formation under center. Clarksville did look better than I remember them from the past few years. Does that translate to wins on the field, I dunno.

After the Spring:

Henry County is #1 by far.

Northeast, Clarksville, Kenwood, and Rossview all have very difficult non district schedules. I think any of them could finish 2nd in the district behind Henry County. I also think any of them could miss the playoffs altogether if they have some bad luck go against them. I look for West Creek to be the team in line to make a jump this season and compete at a high level against their county rivals.

I do not think Springfield or Northwest can do squat this upcoming season. They are both terrible.