2014 District 10-AAA

howdoitknow

Was Ravenwood the only one to go to the playoffs?  That is not that tuff of a no-district schedule except for Ravenwood.  Didn't see any of them play but read that a WR from Ravenwood is the best around and prolly going to UT.

If you go back and look at my post I said that the out of district record of opponents was not that good but it was better than Rhea Co. out of district schedule.  Lost to NE by 7 and NE didn't score an offensive TD.  One blocked punt and one punt that went into the lineman.  Both of those NE scored on those plays.  HC in the first half never started inside the 50.  They ended up having to kick around 5 FG's.  That was against the two best teams out of 5A in the west.

It’s time for some things to be cleared up because I think that CHS is getting a bad rap completely unnecessarily.

I’m almost certain that @Anyway is a former coach from last year who has sour grapes that they are no longer there.  It’s pretty obvious if you look at their other posts and they attack other coaches specifically at other schools in Hickman County and elsewhere.  Profile has been active for three weeks.  Do the math on that one.

@FlyingGoat, we are classy people and I would be shocked if I am wrong on this and apologize.  Sour grapes will do that to people.  All of the parents knew that the former coach ran the program into the ground, and now he is making us look bad on the boards.

@SECRules1- Again, there is a reason.  Coaches do not have time to post on the boards during the season, so that’s why he is posting now.

@Hereshowitreallyis is very likely a similar situation.  Read through past comments and there is a definite bias. 

I don't think anyway is a former coach with sour grapes. He says that the

top team in the district this coming year will be CHS so to me that means he has confidence in the new coach and players. I believe that him and

pilgrim are proud parents of CHS players. To go from 4-6 to 10-0 would be a great deal. But I will ask this, when is the last time a team from your county won a state championship in

football? Come on up to E.TN. if you wont to play some good football teams. Fulton, Webb, Alcoa, Maryville-all state champs.

top team in the district this coming year will be CHS so to me that means he has confidence in the new coach and players. I believe that him and

pilgrim are proud parents of CHS players. To go from 4-6 to 10-0 would be a great deal. But I will ask this, when is the last time a team from your county won a state championship in

football? Come on up to E.TN. if you wont to play some good football teams. Fulton, Webb, Alcoa, Maryville-all state champs.

Let's set one thing strait. Pilgrim is a proud parent. But I have no idea who Anyway is and although I appreciate he enthusiasm I really don't concur with most of his statements. Some of these new posters popped up as soon as I posted a derogatory statement about the coaches last year. They have been known to quote me on things I never said and I have come to just avoid them.

I do regret my critical remarks towards those who were serving our boys and I never made a single negative comment about a player.

As for next year, I'm not about to predict wins or loses. But I will tell you that CHS is on the right track and will be a completely revamped team. We are honored to have Henry County on our schedule, because they are the obvious measuring stick for 5A football.

Let's set one thing strait. Pilgrim is a proud parent. But I have no idea who Anyway is and although I appreciate he enthusiasm I really don't concur with most of his statements. Some of these new posters popped up as soon as I posted a derogatory statement about the coaches last year. They have been known to quote me on things I never said and I have come to just avoid them.

I do regret my critical remarks towards those who were serving our boys and I never made a single negative comment about a player.

As for next year, I'm not about to predict wins or loses. But I will tell you that CHS is on the right track and will be a completely revamped team. We are honored to have Henry County on our schedule, because they are the obvious measuring stick for 5A football.

Proud parent ?  More like delusional about my child’s ability parent. No need to regret previous posts they sure seemed to be very heart felt comments. Save your regret for next year when Jr. isn’t on the field, even though you believe he’s should be. It will be the coach’s fault then too.

How can someone quote you if you didn’t say it? I think you had your own words thrown back in your face and you are too small to except it.

I supported the previous coach and I'll support coach Shelby, I hope he's prepared when the parents like you smile in his face and then stab him in the back.

Do you not see why it would be a coach with sour grapes? "Anyway" has just said some crazy, irrational things to raise expectations to unreal levels. Our kids were 4-6 last year and lost a lot of good players in that senior class. Just qualifying for the playoffs would be a big accomplishment. There isn't a kid on the team that has tasted what winning a playoff game feels like due to the last staff just not getting it done so now bc they are upset about being forced out they are posting crazy, unreachable goals on here in the offseason for a couple of reasons:

1) So that they can bash the new staff when the team does not go 10-0 and to make other parents believe that we should go 10-0 and encourage them to bash the new when it doesn't happen. And guess what? They play Ravenwood, Centennial, and Rossview all early in the year and have to learn new systems on both sides of the ball potentially. So 10-0 is NOT going to happen. Registering 3 weeks ago and only commenting on this thread and then ones about other coaches that you don't like in Hickman County and elsewhere is not a good way to hide your identity, Coach.

2) So that they can make the parents on this team look like they are crazy to parents and players at other schools to fuel the fire to want to knock off a "10-0" team. Our kids have proven nothing. Henry County is a fantastic program and as Pilgrim has said, is the measuring stick, no doubt.

No one is doubting that East TN has better high school football overall than Clarksville. CMCSS, with its own policies, has held back athletics, and especially football for too long and will only continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Do you not see why it would be a coach with sour grapes? "Anyway" has just said some crazy, irrational things to raise expectations to unreal levels. Our kids were 4-6 last year and lost a lot of good players in that senior class. Just qualifying for the playoffs would be a big accomplishment. There isn't a kid on the team that has tasted what winning a playoff game feels like due to the last staff just not getting it done so now bc they are upset about being forced out they are posting crazy, unreachable goals on here in the offseason for a couple of reasons:

1) So that they can bash the new staff when the team does not go 10-0 and to make other parents believe that we should go 10-0 and encourage them to bash the new when it doesn't happen. And guess what? They play Ravenwood, Centennial, and Rossview all early in the year and have to learn new systems on both sides of the ball potentially. So 10-0 is NOT going to happen. Registering 3 weeks ago and only commenting on this thread and then ones about other coaches that you don't like in Hickman County and elsewhere is not a good way to hide your identity, Coach.

2) So that they can make the parents on this team look like they are crazy to parents and players at other schools to fuel the fire to want to knock off a "10-0" team. Our kids have proven nothing. Henry County is a fantastic program and as Pilgrim has said, is the measuring stick, no doubt.

No one is doubting that East TN has better high school football overall than Clarksville. CMCSS, with its own policies, has held back athletics, and especially football for too long and will only continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

yes leave it to someone who only has two post to put me down as a coach.  Can I not get on here and say how good our team is going to be??  Is this not a forum for that?? or should I just get on here and say we are not going to be any good?  Just because I get on here and say we are going to be good I get labeled as a previous coach from someone who just got on.  If we don't have confidence in our team how are our sons going to have confidence in themselves.  No they may not win every game but they have to believe they can.  Do you want them to get on here and read that we don't believe they will win every game.  That they will lose to Henry Co. Rossview Ravenwood Centennial?  I am sorry I disagree with that.  We have to be positive.  So believe what you want to. I will get on here and let our kids know we believe in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are all of the fans of 10AAA?  There are none out there except for Henry Co. Fans.  This should be the best Class so far at CHS.  We have won so many Jr. Pro games and we have the players to win next year.  Are we doing the Lou Holtz were not going to be any good.  Or do we tell it like it is and let our kids know we believe in them and what they can do.  Or they listen behind closed doors as parents say this or that and why they can't be good?

Edited by Anyway