What do Y'all think the top 10 6A teams will be in 2014?

BigDave1967

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville graduates 3 starters on defense, all DB's and the front 7 are all back. Offensively I counted 5 graduating from the starters last night, QB, one RB, one WR, and 2 O-lineman. (correct me if I missed anyone. They also have a boat load of talent coming up the next 3 years.

Maryville graduates 3 starters on defense, all DB's and the front 7 are all back. Offensively I counted 5 graduating from the starters last night, QB, one RB, one WR, and 2 O-lineman. (correct me if I missed anyone. They also have a boat load of talent coming up the next 3 years.

agreed.  I do not however share your feelings about Sevier Co. They certainly are not the # 3 or 4 Team in the state.

ML I've told more than a few people you had better get them this year because the next few they are gonna be really good !!

Maryville does have a lot coming back no doubt , but I think it will be really hard to replace what John Garrett and Shawn Prevo brought to our team .... and yes I know we have a bunch of young talent coming up at both positions , but who ever takes over for those 2 Players will really have to bust their Butts to become as clutch as Garrett and Prevo . Prevo at times in the last 4 years was the only Back we had who could run against some of the more talented teams we played , plus his Blocking in the last 2 years has become spectacular . There were times this year when Prevo made me shake my head in awe at just how hard he would hit the Hole . Just look at all the runs he had here in the last few weeks leaping over people and absolutely hitting the hole as hard as he could when there was nothing there to get a yard instead of losing 2 . Our other backs need to learn that from him , when you have nothing there , don't dance side ways , hit it as hard as you can and get what you can . John Garrett played beyond everyone's expectations ... he was absolutely CLUTCH !! Whether it's Tyler Vaught or someone else , John Garrett set the bar very , very high next year . He was like a Cold Blooded Assassin keeping his Cool when everything around him was falling apart ... it's hard to teach what John had this year ... he had IT ... Whatever IT is , he had IT...  and then some .  I think our Defense may have to carry the team a little more next year unless a couple of Players step up to fill the Void left by Garrett , Prevo , and Also Cody Carroll .