What do Y'all think the top 10 6A teams will be in 2014?

BigDave1967

The top ten:

1-7 will be all the teams in 7AAA. Everyone knows that 7AAA is the SEC of the TSSAA.

8. Pick a Shelby County team- Central, daHaven, White Station, maybe a bedroom community school like Arlington or Millington or (gasp) Brighton from Tipton County.

9 Dobyns Bennett, get one from upper east Tennessee, they have the preseason tradition.

10. Hendersonville, a stable coaching staff and four times a bridesmaid go a long way with the voters. And Murphy Fair.

Maryville is not included because of three reasons:

1. The Rebels are always outranked in imaginary polls.

2. The Rebels never win fantasy games.

3. The Rebels cannot run with the big boys.

The only thing worse than talking up a scrimmage is an off season thread. It's basketball season.

LOL , August of 2014 can't get here fast enough . Those National Rankings have always been stupid , I could care less if my team is 15 or if its 85 in those polls , Gold Ball is all that matters . 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Drew Curtis is one of those unsung heros. Constantly getting his job done and providing enormous senior leadership. Jacob Kelso was also a man beast this year. I told his mom that if someone would have told me a few years ago that he would be this dominating I would have laughed cause he was always so demure and laid back. Congrats to these Seniors and how they finished up. For you Sr dad's out there J Know What Your Feeling Right now , support group meets on Fridays aaround 7PM ... byob

Edited by MaryvilleWiseguy

My picks are:

1. Maryville

2. Blackman

3. Oakland

4. Hendersonville

5. White Station

6. Sevier County

7. Riverdale

8. Franklin or Brentwood

9. Whitehaven

10. Dobyns-Bennett

Yes lost 2400 yards of VW , another 900 for RG

Plus VW 7 int and RG leading state with tackles but coach Blade looses only 4 on D and 3 on O and is very high on the Soph and jr that played this year , have lots of young studs coming up

I honestly can't believe he hasn't left even before now, FB. With what Gus Malzahn has done at Auburn and Arky it is gonna open the door for guys like GQ I think to pursue something like that. Gus has shown that some HS football coaches are just as good as some college ones, if not a lot.

SweetScience, you are right! After what Malzahn has done with my second favorite FBS team Auburn this year it will definitely get the attention of other schools in bad need of an OC or HC...... GQ has turned down an offer from TN, mainly Fulmer, in years past, but he keeps this up and the big boys are going to start throwing more money at him than Maryville City Schools can match. However I do feel his heart is with teaching and mentoring our kids to become men which is something all young boys need in their lives. Now that is not to say someone won't come calling for one of his assistants to step up as a head coach on the high school level, or possibly an assistant at the college level. I am with FBEmeritus, a Wells Fargo truck in GQ's driveway would be a nightmare come true for us Rebel fans....................RatPack........................

Yes lost 2400 yards of VW , another 900 for RG

Plus VW 7 int and RG leading state with tackles but coach Blade looses only 4 on D and 3 on O and is very high on the Soph and jr that played this year , have lots of young studs coming up

1. Maryville

2. Blackman

3. Oakland

4. Hendersonville

5. White Station

6. Sevier County

7. Riverdale

8. Franklin or Brentwood

9. Whitehaven

10. Dobyns-Bennett

11. Independence

Independence lost 3 SEC players and line play was suspect this past season. They could still surprise.

Thanks Warhawks , you're a Classy guy ! Hope Riverdale has a better year next year !

Any time! You are classy as well pep! I am very proud for Maryville! Maryville tradition and what happens year in and year out with this program is amazing! The coaching and your players win and lose with dignity and class! Hope the Warriors get things turned around as well! I wish Maryville continued success as well!!