Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Yeah, having moved here a few years ago, I've discovered Dresden used to be everyone's easy win and homecoming, with a few good years thrown in whenever a batch of athletes came through. But now it appears we are on threshold of building ourselves a steady, solid program that is competitive year in and year out. Last group of former coaches turned things around, the middle school program is awesome and developing fine players they send on up to high school, and with our new coach having the right stuff to keep Dresden in its winning ways, it's exciting with high expectations. Haters don't like that Dresden has upset the historic natural order of things by now winning, but the wise schools know that it's better for everyone in area to have all area schools be successful in their sports. Brings in recruiters, families move in, even economic growth happens. The better programs love better competition, while weasel schools seek easy wins against inferior programs. Glad to hear folk wanting to keep Chargers vs Lions intact, that what I want too, but that guy and his crowd sure are convinced it not happening, and that other football site has only our first and last games down so far, which I do hope it's an error their having us play Westwood. It'd be easy to see the typo, similar names, us playing them in past, maybe typist from Memphis and opps, made that mistake. I am truly not trying to agitate or stir up, but seeking answers on contradictory info that's online, and told me, who that dude said the Martin folk he talked to was discussing it after last years game walking out of stadium.. they all saying no more Dresden, why we dropped them, who will they play now, etc. His opinion was not gotten from any website but was deduced from "whomever"- the crowd he was with and around after last years game. So he told me (which I doubted) but I went online to verify/ check his claims, and poof, there it is, what he said. Which man oh man, PLEASE let it be an error. Ha. Our upstart lowly 1A Lions need to test our mettle against the in-county 3A big boys Chargers. Maybe we can compete for a few plays. And Martin concessions mighty nice too. Stadium seating is high-falutin', so sure, us hicks from the sticks do enjoy coming to big city to play the big school. We even wash our clothes and cars before heading in town. Players wash uniforms and shine helmets too. Need to look spiffy! Yep, Lions vs Chargers etched in stone "forever". That my hope. :D

So, if true that this decision was made last yr......someone in last yr's admin decided not to play them..interesting

Guest hevyrevy1611

So, if true that this decision was made last yr......someone in last yr's admin decided not to play them..interesting

And.. (man I hope it all not true and just small town rumor gone haywire), IF it is true, logic will mean the source is where the origin is, for instance, how would folk in Weakley Co. know about some local event that happened in say Hardeman County in Saulsbury, we wouldn't know about an event "everyone" down there knew where it common knowledge, but me stopping by my friends house there and a trip to store would clue me in and inform me. I was an outsider but those close to source of the event (or decision) had the knowledge which I (and others here in this county) was clueless about until told, but they knew. Thus IF (huge "if") it is so, since several in Martin knew at end of last years game and freely discussing it (according to savalot guy), whereas Dresden folk are in dark and even have us playing Chargers on our football websites, and we think and talk about the game happening, WHERE was decision made? Origin and source would be Martin, (where folk knew and freely discussed) not Dresden (where we expecting and planning for game and will be shocked beyond neasure if it not happen). Thus I would be forced to conclude from these factors it was Westview admin, not Dresden, who said no more. But friends of Charger coaching and insiders say no way.. that game is on, which I hope so. But I not come up with idea, nor any I know in Lionville, I was told this by Martin man, which when I researched, lo and behold, website agrees. He got his source from Charger crowd walking out of last years game. No Dresden people talking about no more games. Again I hope it all excrement (ha, there a good word for the day!) and dung. I really do. But why was Martin crowd saying this? Why does that one site agree with this "rumor"? And why isn't it "known" here in Dresden? ... I hope the answer is.. BECAUSE IT FALSE AND GAME IS ON! but if not, then I just laying it all out there and sharing simply what I know and how I came to know it. I share because I care! Sorry if it upsets some, I not "starting" anything, just explaining simple facts, and my thoughts about IF it is true. To me, no way around it IF it true, decision came from Westview, not Dresden. But hope I a foolish speculator because Chargers vs Lions is a no-brainer, do it forever.. but hey, we all thought Chad was a no-brainer for next coach too. The wisdom of choising Rang is being seen, Chad got a HC position too, so it all will work out. Life full of huge surprises that blindside us, we just gotta roll with punches and learn to adapt, right?

The rumor last year was westview might not want to play dresden the next three years because they had lost the past two years and got outplayed in every category except the one that counted in the game. With all the young talent and the breakout game for our qb, westview had doubts they could beat us the next three years but they would never drop us.

And.. (man I hope it all not true and just small town rumor gone haywire), IF it is true, logic will mean the source is where the origin is, for instance, how would folk in Weakley Co. know about some local event that happened in say Hardeman County in Saulsbury, we wouldn't know about an event "everyone" down there knew where it common knowledge, but me stopping by my friends house there and a trip to store would clue me in and inform me. I was an outsider but those close to source of the event (or decision) had the knowledge which I (and others here in this county) was clueless about until told, but they knew. Thus IF (huge "if") it is so, since several in Martin knew at end of last years game and freely discussing it (according to savalot guy), whereas Dresden folk are in dark and even have us playing Chargers on our football websites, and we think and talk about the game happening, WHERE was decision made? Origin and source would be Martin, (where folk knew and freely discussed) not Dresden (where we expecting and planning for game and will be shocked beyond neasure if it not happen). Thus I would be forced to conclude from these factors it was Westview admin, not Dresden, who said no more. But friends of Charger coaching and insiders say no way.. that game is on, which I hope so. But I not come up with idea, nor any I know in Lionville, I was told this by Martin man, which when I researched, lo and behold, website agrees. He got his source from Charger crowd walking out of last years game. No Dresden people talking about no more games. Again I hope it all excrement (ha, there a good word for the day!) and dung. I really do. But why was Martin crowd saying this? Why does that one site agree with this "rumor"? And why isn't it "known" here in Dresden? ... I hope the answer is.. BECAUSE IT FALSE AND GAME IS ON! but if not, then I just laying it all out there and sharing simply what I know and how I came to know it. I share because I care! Sorry if it upsets some, I not "starting" anything, just explaining simple facts, and my thoughts about IF it is true. To me, no way around it IF it true, decision came from Westview, not Dresden. But hope I a foolish speculator because Chargers vs Lions is a no-brainer, do it forever.. but hey, we all thought Chad was a no-brainer for next coach too. The wisdom of choising Rang is being seen, Chad got a HC position too, so it all will work out. Life full of huge surprises that blindside us, we just gotta roll with punches and learn to adapt, right?

Could be that those Martin insiders were given info that at the time might have been true...but, not true now

We are really beating a dead horse here. The schedule is made in two year increments and its set for 2014. Hey fanatic how will the chargers look this year? I know you lost some key seniors but I'm figuring you will reload pretty well this year. Like always, both lines will be stout because that is a Coady trait, from what I've seen.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Could be that those Martin insiders were given info that at the time might have been true...but, not true now

Good point. I Hope so. The main thing that keeps me from saying 100% that this is a dead horse topic is the fact, not rumor, that the big site sperPxaM, who ain't fly by night shysters, but national outfit, they have their current 2014 schedule out.. it's incomplete for most teams, having just first and last game listed, but they not going by small town rumors heard at store. Where'd they get their info? with what partial/ incomplete listings they do have, it is 2014 dates not last years, and it was posted within last two weeks (i been checking ever so often) so they are claiming it is accurate and current for 2014. And maybe a typo for one team I could see, but all four teams sites say same, namely: Dresden vs Westwood in WK 0, and Huntingdon vs Westview WK 1. How could there be so many typo errors from this sport group that folk and reporters all over nation rely on? And it not just one person doing this as a hobby from their garage, but is real business providing a real service employing several folk, all coming up with same end result schedule. So until this reputable site says oops, we made an error and then changes its listings to a corrected schedule, at this moment I have to lean toward a huge disappointment that Chargers vs Lions are not playing. Crazy yes, but unfounded rumor, no it's not, and if it transpires there is no game, then we may never know how or why it came to be ended once again. That speculative discussion will happen, never I hope, but later after we all know the real, official schedule. Hope we playing,.but from what I seen I can't just flippantly or lightly dismiss the idea (on TSSAA there are ways to change agreed-to games in mid-cycle, not easy, but can be done. I heard our former coach play with idea of doing that against Obion County, with their classless playing, trying to hurt, and 9 guys ejected in 2nd half (should have been that many in first half too. Some folk "dis" the dresden crowd and fans, but I think we showed heroic self-restraint in not literally rioting the field and physically setting the Obion coaches and players in line since they cared not about rules, whistles, and other team's health. But in 2nd half the refs got busy though and started doing right thing, finally. So that let steam off lid that was indeed boiling.) But immediately after game the coach did talk with me actually, addressing my frustration at what could be done over the flagrant playing-to-injure that Obion did and the absence of penalties in first half. He said there was a way to drop them off schedule and get another team to play, not easy but can be done. So yes it is possible... I hope it not happen with Chargers and Lions even though "other site" lists that it has changed. I can't scoff so easily at such a proven reliable group until I have all facts in. There horses ain't dead, but stabled up, put riding colors on, tickets made for window betting, and probably pre-game analyses being made. They don't think it a dead horse, but I hope it is, that it SNAFU there as happens elsewhere at times. Hoping for error, but keeping emotions and mind "steeled" to possibility there has been a change. Eager to get glass cleaned and fog cleared up. Just trying to see reality of matter. That site has started posting 2014 games, first ones and last ones so far, which first games for us are different. The Martin guy from store and his sources who were almost 100% certain say it no game.. which nat'l sports site posts same info recently. They for sure not just making up things.. or starting rumors. I dont have God-like knowledge about everything so I cant just disregard this just because i dont like it, or it disagrees with me. I been wrong many times about many things (hope this another of those times), so maybe we need to research things, find out, and give it time. Prepare for worst, hope for best is an old maxim wise people pay attention to. Just going with my feelings and what I say and think is not so wise, especially when there's "evidences" to contrary, some anecdotal, some from heretofore reliable sources, but nobody trying to be devisive or troubling, I'm just reporting surprising findings on the schedule and trying to get to bottom of it all. No dead horse moment there, but uncovering truth in news reporter fashion because enquiring minds want to know, and the wise folk find out too. Ha! :D

Then why would Dresden play Westwood on Martin's football field? If they are driving from Memphis why wouldn't they come to Dresden? Not like their 12 traveling fans wouldn't fit in our visitors bleachers. NaxPreps fat fingered the keyboard and screwed up!! About 86 days till Westview