Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

So my negative pessimistic side tells me we have lots of holes to fill. O line is missing a 3 year starter, center and Kendall who could play anywhere but I still think offense will be pretty strong. My big question is the defense. We are losing, best estimate 90 to 95% of our tackles. Hampton, Kendell, Caldwell, Swafford, Daniel, Stoker, and my breakout player of the year Houston. Lots of talent returning and the coach being defensive minded should be interesting.

So my negative pessimistic side tells me we have lots of holes to fill. O line is missing a 3 year starter, center and Kendall who could play anywhere but I still think offense will be pretty strong. My big question is the defense. We are losing, best estimate 90 to 95% of our tackles. Hampton, Kendell, Caldwell, Swafford, Daniel, Stoker, and my breakout player of the year Houston. Lots of talent returning and the coach being defensive minded should be interesting.

losing so much is not a positive

We think alike hog. I'd much rather watch a nasty defense than a up tempo offense. Although both would be nice. The Steelers, Ravens and now Seattle are fun to watch on D. With Jolley, K Williams, B Williams and Nanny now the D leaders they need to be getting youngsters up to speed. Big learning curve ahead but our first three games will battle test them in a hurry!

You guys only have 2 guaranteed wins on your schedule:  West Carroll and that private school you play.  Y'all could finish anywhere from 2-8 to 6-4.  (Loses to Westview, Peabody, Union City, and us are guaranteed).  You guys better beat McKenzie or starting 0-3 could definitely cause you to end up 2-8.  Gleason, McKenzie, and Bruceton are toss up games based on what you have lost on defense (may just have to outscore them).  Your season may truly boil down to your QB staying and/or staying healthy.

You guys only have 2 guaranteed wins on your schedule: West Carroll and that private school you play. Y'all could finish anywhere from 2-8 to 6-4. (Loses to Westview, Peabody, Union City, and us are guaranteed). You guys better beat McKenzie or starting 0-3 could definitely cause you to end up 2-8. Gleason, McKenzie, and Bruceton are toss up games based on what you have lost on defense (may just have to outscore them). Your season may truly boil down to your QB staying and/or staying healthy.

Where do you stand on the coach selection? I think we can make playoffs but who knows if we will

I hated it for Chad but I guess everyone involved had different plans for all.  I know Chad well enough to know that he lands on his feet and will move on to a new project.  Your new guy has a bad label on him but he will be fine.  You guys have to finish 2nd or better in your district or maybe 3rd place will get you in but if you lose to 2 of the 3 toss up games I mentioned then you won't make the playoffs because at best that will put you at 4-6 which won't cut it.  Losing both Keith and Chad at the same time I believe is going to be too big of a loss for you guys. 

Your new guy has a bad label on him but he will be fine.  

Has a bad label on him?  How so? 

If you are referring to the testing issue he was obviously cleared of that by the state since he still has his teaching credentials. 

Derek's resume is rock solid. 

Chill dude, didn't say he wasn't cleared of his mistakes or had a bad resume.  His resume is a little less than Chad's but a resume isn't everything...just something to look at.  Everybody has labels and he has way more good ones than bad ones so no need to defend him.  I'm not bashing him.  I wish him luck because he will need it. 

Chill dude, didn't say he wasn't cleared of his mistakes or had a bad resume.  His resume is a little less than Chad's but a resume isn't everything...just something to look at.  Everybody has labels and he has way more good ones than bad ones so no need to defend him.  I'm not bashing him.  I wish him luck because he will need it. 

Doublespeak.

What label does he have on him? 

He took a 5A team to the semi finals as a head coach, and was the defensive coordinator at a school that played in two other semi final games. 

Assistant coaching experience at the NCAAA D2 level. 

3 rings as a player. 

Not sure how the other candidate's resume is any stronger than Derek's is. 

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. 

Edited by HTV