Greenfield @ Gibson Co

westtnsportsfan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen union city play at all. But everyone one I have talked to from uc seem very confident they won't have any trouble with us. What are the greenfield fans opinion on this?

I have seen UC play and I'm confident we can play with them. Their whole offense goes to three players. Those three players are really good though. If we can take care of the ball and limit turnovers and hit wide open layups I am confident we can win.

Not gc but 49-43 gibson county. It was a really ugly game for us. Struggle to get anything going in first half and Lannom got in foul trouble. The freshman #21 came in and provided a spark and led the team in scoring at the half. Then gutted it out in the end. Rechis was lights out in first half. Had 19 I believe. Interested in what gc has to say about it as well as westview fans.

Sloppy basketball in the first half and a strong strong third quarter for us which was the difference in the game. Freshman Smithson was a big spark for us in the first half and played tough defense and Holt knocked down three threes which helped. We are still missing open looks around the basket. We need to get that fixed. Rechis did play a great game. She's a great player for sure. All in all, it was a gritty effort for our girls and they overcame a tough defensive effort by Westview.

It was not a pretty game, but we are still young too. GC has a good team and way to fight back. I'm still calling a UC/GC finish in 14A.....we have only 2 options at scoring and we just don't have another offensive threat....after this year, relying on Rechis will be our motto....I was impressed with your Freshman...she didn't play like one. Good luck the rest of the way in and hope you guys get to the Boro

It was not a pretty game, but we are still young too. GC has a good team and way to fight back. I'm still calling a UC/GC finish in 14A.....we have only 2 options at scoring and we just don't have another offensive threat....after this year, relying on Rechis will be our motto....I was impressed with your Freshman...she didn't play like one. Good luck the rest of the way in and hope you guys get to the Boro

I still think you guys are a very dangerous team in AA... Your Freshman that started was impressive as well, I forget her last name. I heard Rechis is already receiving OVC looks. Definitely a baller! This was also the other Leyhue's first game back as well, right? She will give some help. You guys will have a good season and a deep tournament run.... Good luck!

Next year Westview has a talented 8th grade point guard that will start as a freshman for Westview and really help Rechis. The Martin Middle School team is currently 15-0 this season and haven't had trouble with anyone. They also have two 8th grade posts players (one is 6'2") that will help Westview if not next year then definitely the next. Mark my word...Westview will be back on top and making a run for the gold ball in two years. They have very good young talent coming up.

You guys have players on the team right now that have potential. I know that Leyhue and Rechis are the go to players, but I think if you guys got the others involved more in the offense, you'd be much more dangerous. That was my thoughts when we played you guys. Still a good team regardless of record, but it's not helping the future of that team much to be going through Rechis and Leyhue every single possession down the court. I thought there were others for Westview that were capable of scoring as well.