Did Kilgore Resign at Powell?

chasescott66

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No established coach in a smaller system is going to leave their job for a Knox Co job, just a fact.  Karns probably only had about 5 applications of people that could even hire.  Kilgore was probably the most qualified, even with his modest experience.  Why he would even apply remains to be seen.  Look at Central, they have had to extend their posting 3-4 times since November.  Their principal has even called prospective candidates, guaging interest.  All of them declined.  It's just the reality of the system.  Halls had the same problem last year, and had no other options but to give it to that interim guy. 

Actually I am a head coach in Alabama, and a former one in NC. I was offered the job last year at Halls, and accepted it. I had to back out b/c the admin wanted me to start sooner then previously mentioned when I was offered the position. The principal seemed like a real supporter of football, and good have been a good job. I too applied for the Karns job, and got no response from the AD. It is what it is.

Actually I am a head coach in Alabama, and a former one in NC. I was offered the job last year at Halls, and accepted it. I had to back out b/c the admin wanted me to start sooner then previously mentioned when I was offered the position. The principal seemed like a real supporter of football, and good have been a good job. I too applied for the Karns job, and got no response from the AD. It is what it is.

Knox Central is apparently still looking....

You must want to get to this area really bad.....

I also want to throw this bone out for everyone to chew on. I have made friends with a handful of the football parents over the years that brought a kid out of Knoxville and moved to Maryville just to get away from all that mess. I didn't really realize just how bad it was until some of the stories that I was told by those parents. I know people have accused Maryville of luring kids away from Knoxville in the past but I'm telling you folks some of those people I've talked to sounded as if they had broke through the Berlin Wall when they got their kid out of that mess. I want nothing but the best for anyone of those schools and the kids that go there but you people over there aren't going to get nothing done until you start taking names and voting all the problem people out of there.

It sure seems those Knox Schools are loaded down to the gills with cancer. It would take a mighty fine coach to battle all that in house corruption over there. It seems like there is a little Hitler running everything over there. What a shame.

yes and they just upd his contract again, the only way anyone cares about the football programs is if it's for project grad, the super wants things to stay in a mess so he can rule the roost from a divide and conquor type thing, Karns hiring Kilgore is about his teaching ability not coaching, he has one year as a HC and not a very good one at that, lets hire our friends and screw the kids,  Karns will continue in its direction of loserville and blame it on everyone except the real issue, GREAT work AD best hire I am sure.

No offense to Karns, but why on God's green earth would you leave Powell to go to Karns? Something fishy is really going on at Powell and it doesn't sound good. I have heard the admin there has even tried to run off Coach Ogan of the basketball team there? Unreal.

Too many theories on here, and none of them are even close to true, SS. Powell has had three AD'S in three years, so it's hard to say that each one of them has had time to wanna run Ogan off. They've all had very legit reasons for leaving, just as Powell's coaches have. So, there's nothing fishy going on, especially with the Kilgore situation. He also has a very legit reason for leaving. Edited by powellphoto