Who would Ya'll pick for Preseason 1A top 10?

BigDave1967

Guest hevyrevy1611

I agree that my Tornadoes (UC) should be ranked in the top 2 or 3 coming into the season. However repeating as state champions is a tough task to perform. So many things can happen in the course of a football season to derail a football team that it requires a deep reserve in all the skilled positions and a coaching staff who can keep the kids focused. Even then a great deal of luck has to come into play. Then there is the huge target that is placed on the returning champions. Every team on the schedule knows when UC is coming up and will prepare even harder the week prior. I hear that some of the schools we beat last year were working on stoping the Veer in the spring and will add more work in the pre-season. I think we will have to be even better this year to repeat. The boys are working hard in the wieght room and according to the players, the championship is in the past and they are focused on getting better and that's all. That's all for now.

rhut rhow, that spells trouble for everyone else in 1A if UC players thinking that way. That is indeed the right attitude to have to stay on top. And mind-set is biggest part of the equation to winning and keeping championships imo. Gonna be an interesting year for sure. Edited by hevyrevy1611

SP has a chance of getting to the championship...they just have to play well once they get there

Wingman thanks for giving SP a chance. It's going to be tough losing our offensive cord. And also blending in the many young players we to have get ready. UC is recognized as the team to beat no doubt. Our Pirates will have much work to do if we have to meeting them again.

I just want to see someone figure out how to stop it before the playoffs, so we can steal their game plan before playing WC or UC in the playoffs.

NCSdad that is easier said than done as you well know. It can be done and has been done. The best thing you can do is stay on your assignments and also match up athletically. It's what the offensive player does once the option has been made that is the most dificult to prepare for. If a player is very athletic and can run out of trouble then the defense must match that ability. If that does not happen it doesn't matter how much preparation you put in, the veer will wear you down and confuse you until you don't know which way to go. It's very dificult to prepare for with only one week and a scout team running it. I like it. It's my kind of football. Runnung between the tackles with the occasional jet sweep. The QB calls the plays at the line based on what the defense shows him, If the defense shifts the qb simply goes to his next option. It is a triple option offense. With a qb who knows his reads and has athletic backs to give the ball too it spells trouble for the most disciplined of defenses.

Edited by BigSwo

Wingman thanks for giving SP a chance. It's going to be tough losing our offensive cord. And also blending in the many young players we to have get ready. UC is recognized as the team to beat no doubt. Our Pirates will have much work to do if we have to meeting them again.

you can get there...still lots of talent for 1A and you have a good coach. Boys will work hard

NCSdad that is easier said than done as you well know. It can be done and has been done. The best thing you can do is stay on your assignments and also match up athletically. It's what the offensive player does once the option has been made that is the most dificult to prepare for. If a player is very athletic and can run out of trouble then the defense must match that ability. If that does not happen it doesn't matter how much preparation you put in, the veer will wear you down and confuse you until you don't know which way to go. It's very dificult to prepare for with only one week and a scout team running it. I like it. It's my kind of football. Runnung between the tackles with the occasional jet sweep. The QB calls the plays at the line based on what the defense shows him, If the defense shifts the qb simply goes to his next option. It is a triple option offense. With a qb who knows his reads and has athletic backs to give the ball too it spells trouble for the most disciplined of defenses.

I agree.  I'm convinced that it can only be stopped if the offense implodes.  I think you guys had a game last year where you put it on the ground quite a few times.  It's not going to be stopped by some beast on defense that outplays the guys trying to block him.  We had some beasts on defense last year and like you said, the options available to a smart QB outweighs that on almost every play.

Just keep bringing those youngsters along and keep your coach happy and that UC trophy case is going to get bigger and bigger.

P.S.  My son had a good time hanging out with your UC PK at Murray State's prospect day a few weeks ago.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I agree.  I'm convinced that it can only be stopped if the offense implodes.  I think you guys had a game last year where you put it on the ground quite a few times.  It's not going to be stopped by some beast on defense that outplays the guys trying to block him.  We had some beasts on defense last year and like you said, the options available to a smart QB outweighs that on almost every play.

Just keep bringing those youngsters along and keep your coach happy and that UC trophy case is going to get bigger and bigger.

P.S.  My son had a good time hanging out with your UC PK at Murray State's prospect day a few weeks ago.

Yeah that is Cace Cook. He is a great kid. I work for his dad and he and my son are best friends. He is is a lot of fun.

Honestly when I fisrt saw the veer I didn't like it. That is because I didn't understand it. Now that I have had the opportunity to see it executed properly I truly am a fan.

You are correct. We put the ball on the ground 9 times against McKenzie in the 1st game of the season last year and lost to a team that didn't even make the playoffs. After that we went undefeated and the rest is history.