College Commitments in 1A &2A

CastIronHero

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot in this liberal, rainbow warrior,America we live in today, when one states an opinion that maybe the truth its bullying or degrading. I see film on hundreds of kids in middle Tennessee,since that's my job, and gave my honest opinion how's that wrong? I'm just said what I see, how many college coaches listen to parents? None that I've worked for because most parents have tunnel vision. If you guys want to see what a defensive tackle small college prospect looks like get coacht to post highlights of Eriq Hicks 6'2 268lbs of explosion! He resets the L.O.S on more than 67% of defensive plays and had over 27 tackles for loss as a junior. He plays for Lawrence Co.

I forgot in this liberal, rainbow warrior,America we live in today, when one states an opinion that maybe the truth its bullying or degrading. I see film on hundreds of kids in middle Tennessee,since that's my job, and gave my honest opinion how's that wrong? I'm just said what I see, how many college coaches listen to parents? None that I've worked for because most parents have tunnel vision. If you guys want to see what a defensive tackle small college prospect looks like get coacht to post highlights of Eriq Hicks 6'2 268lbs of explosion! He resets the L.O.S on more than 67% of defensive plays and had over 27 tackles for loss as a junior. He plays for Lawrence Co.

Champ the problem I think most of the people have is this is a thread for kids who have committed to a college, A thread where we spread the excitement, not where we squash on someone’s name. I stated a fact which was on target about the thread, and then you come in and got this totally off topic. My son AJ Harris will commit to the exact school where he wants to go in February; it is a small Christian school, he has felt right at home on every visit and he loves the coaches.

Also Champ, AJ came into his senior season with 18 games of high school experience. He had surgery on his hand in the spring and did not get to participate in any of the spring. Three months after the surgery AJ was starting his senior season at DT (switching from NT). On week 5 AJ tears some cartilage in his knee, and through 3 quarters had 10 official tackles, 4 TFL and a sack (gaining player of the week). AJ finished the season with nearly 80 tackles & 14 TFL (with a rehabbing hand and a knee issue). AJ could certainly improve on his fundamentals; however he has never had a real position coach (AJ loves all of his coaches and all have tried to help him and all of the boys as much as they can) and he still finds ways to be productive. AJ is not the best player in the world, but several college coaches think he could help them and he is grateful.

Seriously, you come across more like a 12timechump than a champ.  Plus, you drop a vague hint about 1AA which isn't even used anymore by the NCAA.  Is that like an Appalachian State or Youngstown State team or an 0 - 11 team?

Pirate Pride Champ. We needed you around maybe 4 or five yrs. ago. Piling on young men. Was the order of the day on here. Also when we lost . It was always lack of senior leadership . On the subject matter. It is not easy for young men to secure major college offers at the 1-A, or 2-A level. Explosiveness is what normally catches the major schools eyes.

Bashing kids and saying they aren't good enough is one thing. Saying teams lack leadership is another. You can't put those in the same boat. One is opinion and I agree. If you don't have anything nice to say about a player or coach then don't speak. Many teams in Knoxville area have this same problem with their fans. It's one thing to say subtle things about positions or coaching but fans really attack people on here. It's uncalled for but those loud mouth fans are everywhere. Now the lack of leadership is worth mentioning because that's the game of football. From the NFL on down my friend. If a team doesn't have leadership then they will not win. As for this past SP team. Most know your always talented with exceptional players and most know your usually undisciplined. Not trying to be mean but that's what follows your program. Recipe to beat you guys is play smart, physical and let you beat yourself. It doesn't always work but it usually does when y'all play someone equally as talented. It starts with Seniors and Juniors buying into what the coach is selling and having the rest of team fall in line. It's up to the coaches to instill discipline and then the SR's to make everyone accountable. It's a TEAM effort all together. I've seen a lot of football in my days and a average TEAM can beat a undisciplined team full of great athletes any day of the week my friend. Look at Maryville with George Quarles! They do it every single year. Not saying they have no talent but they play teams and beat them like a drum that has much more. It starts at the top and then handed down from the SR's. I'm just keeping it real

Bashing kids and saying they aren't good enough is one thing. Saying teams lack leadership is another. You can't put those in the same boat. One is opinion and I agree. If you don't have anything nice to say about a player or coach then don't speak. Many teams in Knoxville area have this same problem with their fans. It's one thing to say subtle things about positions or coaching but fans really attack people on here. It's uncalled for but those loud mouth fans are everywhere. Now the lack of leadership is worth mentioning because that's the game of football. From the NFL on down my friend. If a team doesn't have leadership then they will not win. As for this past SP team. Most know your always talented with exceptional players and most know your usually undisciplined. Not trying to be mean but that's what follows your program. Recipe to beat you guys is play smart, physical and let you beat yourself. It doesn't always work but it usually does when y'all play someone equally as talented. It starts with Seniors and Juniors buying into what the coach is selling and having the rest of team fall in line. It's up to the coaches to instill discipline and then the SR's to make everyone accountable. It's a TEAM effort all together. I've seen a lot of football in my days and a average TEAM can beat a undisciplined team full of great athletes any day of the week my friend. Look at Maryville with George Quarles! They do it every single year. Not saying they have no talent but they play teams and beat them like a drum that has much more. It starts at the top and then handed down from the SR's. I'm just keeping it real

Since you choose to jump in with both feet. My point was. This yrs. pirates had several disicipline issues throughout the season. Never heard much from these posters, as in the past . Concerning that this yrs. edition lacked senior leadership. Just wondered why this team got that pass. I know all about athletes and attitudes ! But thanks for the seminar.......ðŸ†ðŸŽ“✌

Since you choose to jump in with both feet. My point was. This yrs. pirates had several disicipline issues throughout the season. Never heard much from these posters, as in the past . Concerning that this yrs. edition lacked senior leadership. Just wondered why this team got that pass. I know all about athletes and attitudes ! But thanks for the seminar.......ðŸ†ðŸŽ“✌

Boss, you got that right. The 2013 SP team had some issues especially at the start of the season. I don't think many gave them the pass. Several of us spent countless hours after the Hixson game trying to take away many demeaning posts that SP people had made toward some players. Again, there is no place for that type stuff on here. Now that we know which one is your son, how would you compare him to your other ones at this stage of his career?

Since you choose to jump in with both feet. My point was. This yrs. pirates had several disicipline issues throughout the season. Never heard much from these posters, as in the past . Concerning that this yrs. edition lacked senior leadership. Just wondered why this team got that pass. I know all about athletes and attitudes ! But thanks for the seminar.......✌

Go find the SP-Hixson thread and read through it before making the assumption they got a pass.  I don't get after any kid specifically.  But I do give an assessment of how I thought the played.  Somewhere in that thread you will see where I said they were in the game until the last 3 minutes and despite all the problems they created for themselves as well as bestowed up them by a poor officiating crew, they didn't quit playing. 

Hey guys, let's get back to the commitments thing.  As far as South Pittsburg the only definite one I know of is Kahlil Mitchell.  He says he's going to wait till after Christmas to make it known, but it appears he has made a choice.  Payne Mosely has told me he has had some offers, but won't allow anymore info than that.  I haven't heard a peep from Jajuan Lankford, so don't know about him.

Boss, you got that right. The 2013 SP team had some issues especially at the start of the season. I don't think many gave them the pass. Several of us spent countless hours after the Hixson game trying to take away many demeaning posts that SP people had made toward some players. Again, there is no place for that type stuff on here. Now that we know which one is your son, how would you compare him to your other ones at this stage of his career?

Those teams 07,08. Loaded with talent. His teams have not been as talented . Even since grasshopper. He played QB til he was 10. Long and lanky, but sneaky strong and fast. Much like his older brother Daniel. Of course academics must be first. He really has alot of work in front of him. It's his choice. Has a chance to be good. What level of a prospect remains to be seen. At 1-A a great player is challenged to play both sides with the same desire. It helps elevate your team to another level. Don't know if he gets that yet. Or how bad he wants it.

Edited by bossbro