CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

On the point about moving to a successful program - I know for a fact of at least four current players at two different schools that moved because of the success of the program.  On this particular point I think you are off base.  I agree with a lot of your posts just not this one. 

You may have misunderstood because I am not saying it does not happen (I acknowledged the possibility).  I am saying those who make the point never provide any examples when you would think there would be multiple examples.  Nor am I talking isolated examples of individuals, I am talking about programs.  Those who make the case should be able to point to multiple programs where this is true since there are many successful programs. 

For example, CPA girls basketball has been very successful in recent years with back to back state championships.  I would then think, especially this year with the players who graduated from last year's team, there would be those who moved or changed schools to be part of this high school program since "success breeds success," correct?  Not saying it hasn't happened, simply saying a person making this point should be able to point to programs where this happens consistently because of the success of the program. 

I am not going to believe something simply because it sounds good.  Have the facts to back it up before you ask me to believe it.  Again, not saying it doesn't happen, but since I am not aware of any program where it does then support it with facts.  The idea being presented is that these quality players who move or change schools aid in keeping the success of the program going.  My experience in HS basketball/sports is that success happens in cycles unless your community happens to always have the type of talent needed for success. 

Edited by kbrks

...Be honest.  Had you rather your kid play football for the coach at Arkansas State or Alabama?  Had you rather your kid play basketball for the coach at Kenesaw State or Kansas?

Exactly, it is a combination of where a player wants to go, ability and where he is recruited to go.  :rolleyes:

kbrks...I gave that example last year of a football program at a Williamson County school and several posters immediately started accusing the school of.....you guessed it.....recruiting and giving parents incentives to move in the district. I have finally decided it is best to not argue with you people.

Why do you think they remain in Division I[/quote

Simple answer

If they move to D2, then where do they play? If they play in A then they will only have 1 football game that matters and that is Webb and on occasion BGA or DCA. Who will challenge in BB. If they play up in AA they will get whipped in FB and This will upset the school admins who brought Ingle in to win. They can compete in AA in BB as long as they keep recruiting up as they have been recently doing.

Why do you think they remain in Division I[/quote

Simple answer

If they move to D2, then where do they play? If they play in A then they will only have 1 football game that matters and that is Webb and on occasion BGA or DCA. Who will challenge in BB. If they play up in AA they will get whipped in FB and This will upset the school admins who brought Ingle in to win. They can compete in AA in BB as long as they keep recruiting up as they have been recently doing.

Why don't you go back over to Trousdale or Jackson County or wherever you come from. What association do you have with CPA? Your comments are not welcome.

kbrks...I gave that example last year of a football program at a Williamson County school and several posters immediately started accusing the school of.....you guessed it.....recruiting and giving parents incentives to move in the district. I have finally decided it is best to not argue with you people.

DAD1, I remember reading on a thread where you were speaking on the virtues of BHS football and Coach Crawford related to the subject of how programs naturally attract others.  But when you were asked specifically to provide some facts on the numbers or names of players who were changing schools to specifically play football at BHS there was no reply.  Certainly didn't make the case for me and on that particular thread no one accused the school of recruiting.   

DAD1...of course the feeling is mutual yet I thought you might want to provide facts in the spirit of discussion for all to see to actually support your argument...silly me.  Without them, I am still waiting for anyone to demonstrate "success breeds success" when it comes to HS sports of athletes year to year consistently changing schools and or uprooting families by moving, due to the success of the program alone.  

kbrks were you not around during Carlton Flatt years? Ever hear of Maryville, Hoover, Alcoa, Riverdale? You can't deny many came because of their success. Josh Swords' family moved here from Scottsboro, AL just to play in the BA program per his father. And yes after I made the statement re: BHS there were idiotic responses insinuating foul play but that's O.K. To deny some parents are willing to move to give their kids the opportunity to play in a great program and for

a great coach is just wrong. Anyway.....see you in Murfreesboro in March.