Union City and Humbdt Friday Night.Who you got?

copenoc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add my toe cents about the Bradford kid and Hubbs. Both have come to out gym and played and I got a chance to see them both. I heard about Hubbs coming in and he played a decent game when he came to Haywood. That particular night he didn't stand out anymore than any one else. I'm not saying that he couldn't play, I'm just saying he wasn't a dominant player that night. In contrast, I new nothing about Bradford because I don't usually get a chance to see single A teams. This kid was dominant from the beginning to the end of the game. Strong, athletic, confident. He doesn't have the best form on his shot, but it goes in from time to time. I only learned about who he was after the game when someone on the board asked about how did he play. Then I did my homework and found out more about him. I think this kid has a good future ahead of him. Once again, I'm not downing Hubbs at all. Just saying that's how you know a kid has talent. He comes in the gym unknown and you end up asking "Who is that?" Bradford did that.

Thats what I was saying in my post earlier when GC Pioneer aaked me to compare Hubbs and Bradford.I said that Dyer Co offense didnt run through Hubbs.The first one that got the ball across half court was shooting.Humboldt's offense is run by Bradford and goes through Bradford. Dyer Co full court pressed the whole game and a lot of times Hubbs is in the back of the press and Dyer Co would get a lot of turnovers.In their halfcourt sets,like I said,the first one got the ball was shooting. I enjoy watching both of them but hope to contain Bradford tonight.

In all honesty, this just goes to show how much AAU can do for someone. This Memphis Bulls AAU team isn't exactly well known, in fact, I've never heard of them until I came across Bradford's AAU videos on youtube. I am still convinced that he is a Major D1 PG and if he goes to somewhere like UTM, Murray, or any of these mid-majors, I expect him to have a great career.

chipper, shoot me a text fouronefortwentyninetwenty