Union City and Humbdt Friday Night.Who you got?

copenoc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt just whooped UC the second half.Plain and simple,they are the better team.Humboldt has toughness,UC is not tough enough.Going to have to get tough and fight back if they are to get out of the regional semifinals this year.Humboldt and South Fulton are the best 2 teams in 14A right now.

Chipper, JDOGG don't want to give credit to the Vikings because Humboldt man defense was the difference in the second half & Humboldt attack inside! UC can not play man defense against Humboldt because of size! You called it like you saw it, Humboldt was more physical & showed toughness!!!

Chipper, JDOGG don't want to give credit to the Vikings because Humboldt man defense was the difference in the second half & Humboldt attack inside! UC can not play man defense against Humboldt because of size! You called it like you saw it, Humboldt was more physical & showed toughness!!!

I said before the game,didnt think Union City could guard Humboldt man to man.I also said I thought Humboldt and South fulton were the two best teams at the moment followed by Union city and Lake Co and probably Trenton and Halls.Bradford did best Lake Co by 1 point last week in a game that Zay coleman only played about half of the first quarter and had to leave due to an eye injury.Tonight Lake co went to Halls ahd beat Halls 88-79 in overtime.Halls had perviously come to within 5 points of Humboldt and had South fulton by 12 points before South Fulton came back and won by about 3 points.Halls has a fine young team.Number 11 for Halls is a stud.Lake Co had a 3 point lead with about 9 seconds left and number 12,another fine player for Halls hit a 3 pointer at the buzzer.Both teams played well.Lake Co still still has Blevins and Strayhorn out because they didnt have school today and cant play until they have school .Also was told Devante Hill will be eligible Feb 4th.After seeing Halls tonight,Trenton beating halls by 2 points,Humboldt,South Fulton ,Union city ,Lake Co etc,i think this is the best district in the State top to bottom easily..A lot of young talent.Union City,Lake Co.,Halls and South Fulton should be something to watch the next several seasons.Vikings think humboldt will be in the mix after this year and if they are,the state champions could come from this District for several seasons.I'm not buying the Humboldt Vikings after this season..I wouldnt sleep on Halls and Lake Co in the tournament.

Another note:Was good to see both Coach Bargers  attend the game tonight..They are in town visiting friends and came to see her former players.Really miss both of them.She led Lake Co to 3 straight state tournament appearances in a row ,winning one state title and runnerup last year.

Edited by mrbigster