Union City and Humbdt Friday Night.Who you got?

copenoc

I need to start taking bets on here on who is going to win and by how much... Humboldt is head and shoulders better than everyone in 14A this year and I'll even go on to say head and shoulders better than everyone in Single A. I keep saying it and I'll keep saying it, that Little Rock-Hall game made me a believer of Desonta and Humboldt. Humboldt will not face another team this year that is anywhere close to as good as that Hall team was. Humboldt didn't even play their best game and had Hall down by 13 at one point. 

bigster, Peabody is down big time this year. Gibson beat them last night by 7. I kind of expected Peabody to be a little better than what they were.

Kinda hard to figure some teams out.Halls plays Humboldt to within 5 points.Has South Fulton down by 10 points late in the 3rd quarter and has Trenton down by 20 points at one time i am told only to lose by 2 points.Maybe Halls had a stud get in foul trouble that game.Lake Co needs to go to Trenton tonight and come away with a win.Halls has a young very good looking team.Lake co will get two players back Tuesday night against Greenfield,or at least I believe they will.May be a good time to bring them off the bench,see what they can do as Lake Co plays Union City Friday night.So hopefully they will get a little playing time before the Union City game.Suppose to get Devante Hill ,the player involved in the forfeits for both Trenton and Lake Co last year,back Feb 4th and I looked and thats the last game of the regular season.Not really sure if it's worth doing.A small guard but Lake Co has plenty of those already even though they are young.Demario  Jones kid ,number 12 a freshman for Lake Co is really looking good.Had about 25 points against Central earlier this year and probaly about 16 last night at Halls..

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking bets GC Pioneer, you said GC girls were going to beat UC.I wouldve loved to take your bet on that one.LOL Humboldt won last night,but they will lose a couple district games and im not sure they are head and shoulders above everyone else.They are the best right now but they wont go undefeated in the District.

If, Humboldt continues to play like they are now, they might lose one(1) but I don't think they will lose two (2)! Humboldt defense (man) is getting better but still need to improve on Offense! Still got a lot of games to play but tournament will be here before you know it, seeding will play a big part in outcome!!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

Taking bets GC Pioneer, you said GC girls were going to beat UC.I wouldve loved to take your bet on that one.LOL Humboldt won last night,but they will lose a couple district games and im not sure they are head and shoulders above everyone else.They are the best right now but they wont go undefeated in the District.

Only bet I would've lost is for that girls game and had I not been looking through some red shaded glasses, I'd probably be sitting quite well on my predictions, lol... I've seen SF play them and they will not beat Humboldt in the regular season. The only other team that can beat them is you guys and they just came to your place and beat you by 16. Humboldt is too good this year. They have consistent three point shooters from outside, they have people that crash the boards hard, they play hard... too much for any Single A team... This might be one of the most well-rounded Humboldt teams I've watched.

Only bet I would've lost is for that girls game and had I not been looking through some red shaded glasses, I'd probably be sitting quite well on my predictions, lol... I've seen SF play them and they will not beat Humboldt in the regular season. The only other team that can beat them is you guys and they just came to your place and beat you by 16. Humboldt is too good this year. They have consistent three point shooters from outside, they have people that crash the boards hard, they play hard... too much for any Single A team... This might be one of the most well-rounded Humboldt teams I've watched.

I like watching them because they all play hard defense & hit the boards! Defense is what wins games & the Vikings man defense is getting better! I was able to drive down from Nashville to game last night & when Humboldt went to Man after halftime it was over for UC! UC couldn't get off shots & when they did Humboldt contested every shot and controlled the boards!!! Bradford is getting better each game & averaging about 25! Bradford has all the tools to be good at next level!!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

Halftime UC leads 24-21. Absolutely horrible call at the end deberry drove to the basket got held by the arm and got called for a charge. The game was getting good untilled one ref the younger one got Humboldt back in by calling stupid calls.

Come on man one bad call didnt not beat UC! Bradford had a cheap call on him as well! Humboldt was only down 3 at half. Came out in the second half and did what Humboldt does! Sisco knew the only chance he had to beat Humboldt was to slow the ball down it worked for a half no doubt. But thats not UC game either. I mean no disrspect i was there UC has a good team good luck the rest of the year!

I like watching them because they all play hard defense & hit the boards! Defense is what wins games & the Vikings man defense is getting better! I was able to drive down from Nashville to game last night & when Humboldt went to Man after halftime it was over for UC! UC couldn't get off shots & when they did Humboldt contested every shot and controlled the boards!!! Bradford is getting better each game & averaging about 25! Bradford has all the tools to be good at next level!!

Mr 87 if u cant kept the Vikes off the boards no matter who they play it will be a long nite for their opponent! Imo  this team is better last year much more agreessive!

Mr 87 if u cant kept the Vikes off the boards no matter who they play it will be a long nite for their opponent! Imo this team is better last year much more agreessive!

Yes, very aggressive & overall team defense is getting better with help defense! I was very impressed with the man defense, how they talked & switched with picks! Defense needs to stop making silly fouls by trying to block every shot especially when they are in good defensive position!!

Come on man one bad call didnt not beat UC! Bradford had a cheap call on him as well! Humboldt was only down 3 at half. Came out in the second half and did what Humboldt does! Sisco knew the only chance he had to beat Humboldt was to slow the ball down it worked for a half no doubt. But thats not UC game either. I mean no disrspect i was there UC has a good team good luck the rest of the year!

need to read the post again I said halftime. Read my other one and you will see where we go beat in the second half where they outperformed us.

I havnt had a chance to post on the game due to work..It didn't go as I expected but momma said there would be nights like that one..UC couldn't throw it in the ocean and Humboldt had a fire built in the paint..UC never got a 3 sec.call all night and Humboldt just killed them on the boards..Those 2 things beat UC..Horrible shooting night for the tornadoes..2 of 18 3s and shot 30 percent from 2.s..Humboldts man defense had nothing to do with it..UC got good looks all night but couldn't put it in the hole..Bradford is the only good ball player Hum.has the rest is just shoot and crash boards..Thats all they do!..The Turner kid hit 2 3s that looked good..the other 2 either got banked in or bounce off rim hit top of backboard and went in..The others role was Bradford or Turnner shot and they just crash..I wasn't impressed by anyone on Humbolds squad but Bradford..He is legit...The rest just camps out in the paint looking for a stick back..But Hum.did get the win nevet the less.

I havnt had a chance to post on the game due to work..It didn't go as I expected but momma said there would be nights like that one..UC couldn't throw it in the ocean and Humboldt had a fire built in the paint..UC never got a 3 sec.call all night and Humboldt just killed them on the boards..Those 2 things beat UC..Horrible shooting night for the tornadoes..2 of 18 3s and shot 30 percent from 2.s..Humboldts man defense had nothing to do with it..UC got good looks all night but couldn't put it in the hole..Bradford is the only good ball player Hum.has the rest is just shoot and crash boards..Thats all they do!..The Turner kid hit 2 3s that looked good..the other 2 either got banked in or bounce off rim hit top of backboard and went in..The others role was Bradford or Turnner shot and they just crash..I wasn't impressed by anyone on Humbolds squad but Bradford..He is legit...The rest just camps out in the paint looking for a stick back..But Hum.did get the win nevet the less.

That's the great thing about basketball, you can have 2 ballers and a few guys around them that play their roles! Turner was mvp of the state tournament, so he can play! Uc couldn't hit those shots because that man defense took them out of their game! All they want to do is stand and shoot open shots, which happens when a zone is played. Ain't happening against a tough man to man defense! They couldn't create their shot off the dribble! Edited by mboro

Lol, well if that's the case then UC needs to practice boxing out since they tried to play man!! You don't have to be impressed because I wasn't impressed with UC either but I'll take win regardless! UC could not get a three off when Humboldt was playing man & because of the man defense they were rushing to get a shot off, Humboldt had about four (4) blocks!!!