District 3 AAA

Regg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Long throw against Steen. Could be a good pitching matchup. Who would y'all go with in that one?

You might see that tonight at Oak Ridge.  I've been told that Steen will be on the hill for Oak Ridge.  Not sure who Powell will go with, however.  Looking forward to seeing it. 

Edited by HTV

Wow 6-1 and knocking him out in the 5th. Powell may be for real. Did long throw?

No.  He is going Thursday against Farragut in the Demarinni tourney. 

Peyton Alford got the start and then win tonight for Powell.  

Steen threw 97 pitches in 4 inning plus 3 hitters (no outs) in to the 5th.

To be fair, Steen got no help from his team mates, but he didn't pitch well, either.  Oak Ridge is a struggling baseball team right now all the way around.   

No.  He is going Thursday against Farragut in the Demarinni tourney. 

Peyton Alford got the start and then win tonight for Powell.  

Steen threw 97 pitches in 4 inning plus 3 hitters (no outs) in to the 5th.

To be fair, Steen got no help from his team mates, but he didn't pitch well, either.  Oak Ridge is a struggling baseball team right now all the way around.   

Congrats to the Panthers for roughing up Steen and The Wildcats. I wasn't there. did Steen pitch that bad or was the defense pretty sorry behind him? According to you maybe a little of both? You're right OR really seems to be struggling. I figured this would be a down year for us. Baseball isn't the strong suit of our athletic dept, that's for sure. I can remember a few great teams we had though in the early 90's that went tooth and nail with those great Helton led Central teams. Shawn Summers was every bit as good of a baseball player as he was a football player, but chose to play football instead. Was actually drafted by the Marlins in 91. Probably went the wrong route going football. Congrats to Powell again. They seem to be for real.

Edited by SweetScience

Congrats to the Panthers for roughing up Steen and The Wildcats. I wasn't there. did Steen pitch that bad or was the defense pretty sorry behind him? According to you maybe a little of both? You're right OR really seems to be struggling. I figured this would be a down year for us. Baseball isn't the strong suit of our athletic dept, that's for sure. I can remember a few great teams we had though in the early 90's that went tooth and nail with those great Helton led Central teams. Shawn Summers was every bit as good of a baseball player as he was a football player, but chose to play football instead. Was actually drafted by the Marlins in 91. Probably went the wrong route going football. Congrats to Powell again. They seem to be for real.

Yes, it was a little of both.  I think 97 pitches in 4 innings and 3 hitters pretty much says it all. 

Remember Summers as a baseball player, as well.  All around terrific athlete. 

Think Powell has a chance to make state this year?

A chance, yes, but there is a lot of work yet left to do. 

Bottom line - they have to continue to pitch and hit like they have been, and then once tourney time comes they have to find a way to get over the "region" hurdle that has kept some really good Powell teams from advancing over the last decade. 

With a senior laden team (twelve seniors on this year's Powell team, most of whom have been on the field a good bit since their freshman year) this group certainly has the experience under its belts to know what has to be done. 

And I have seen a sense of urgency and confidence from this group that I haven't seen at Powell in a while.  Hopefully that will pay dividends down the road. 

A chance, yes, but there is a lot of work yet left to do.

Bottom line - they have to continue to pitch and hit like they have been, and then once tourney time comes they have to find a way to get over the "region" hurdle that has kept some really good Powell teams from advancing over the last decade.

With a senior laden team (twelve seniors on this year's Powell team, most of whom have been on the field a good bit since their freshman year) this group certainly has the experience under its belts to know what has to be done.

And I have seen a sense of urgency and confidence from this group that I haven't seen at Powell in a while. Hopefully that will pay dividends down the road.

I agree 12 seniors will help a lot. Think Long will beat Farragut tomorrow?