4 Ravenwood

5 Cookeville

6 Brentwood

7 Blackman

8 Overton

9 Clarksville

10 Centennial

I underestimated the Bray factor...

Cleveland 271.5; McCallie 181.5; Ravenwood 160; Blackman 150.5; Clarksville 145; Brentwood 120.5; Christian Bros. 18; Franklin 110.5; Overton 98.5; Cookeville 88

It was good to get back to the 2 day format.  Overall a great tournament and lots of great matches.

MY only complaint is medals during the tournament,  I think they should do it more like Bradley and do it all at the end.  I thought it sucked to see all the people leaving and not watching the upper weight kids finish.

Missed seeing Union County and stil shaking my head over why Centennial chose to exclude their whole team because several were sick. If I was a parent at Centennial, I'd be pretty upset that my non-sick kid missed one of the biggest tournaments on our schedule.

• Upvote 1

It was good to get back to the 2 day format.  Overall a great tournament and lots of great matches.

MY only complaint is medals during the tournament,  I think they should do it more like Bradley and do it all at the end.  I thought it sucked to see all the people leaving and not watching the upper weight kids finish.

Missed seeing Union County and stil shaking my head over why Centennial chose to exclude their whole team because several were sick. If I was a parent at Centennial, I'd be pretty upset that my non-sick kid missed one of the biggest tournaments on our schedule.

Let me explain why we didnt go so you wont have to shake your head anymore. We had a bad bug go around the room this week so much that we had kids miss the whole week of school. On friday we had 6 out of school with the flu and 2 with injuries so we would have went with 5 kids. I would think that all the non sick kids and parents would apprecaite the fact that we have 2 huge matches with Ravenwood and Franklin back to back this week and want to be 100% for them. We have not taken any weekends off and in just the last 3 weekends went to Beech, Indy duals and Individuals, and Soddy last week. We have done all that with out having a full team and now we finally do so with so many sick and injuried decided that we have bigger things ahead.

• Upvote 1

Let me explain why we didnt go so you wont have to shake your head anymore. We had a bad bug go around the room this week so much that we had kids miss the whole week of school. On friday we had 6 out of school with the flu and 2 with injuries so we would have went with 5 kids. I would think that all the non sick kids and parents would apprecaite the fact that we have 2 huge matches with Ravenwood and Franklin back to back this week and want to be 100% for them. We have not taken any weekends off and in just the last 3 weekends went to Beech, Indy duals and Individuals, and Soddy last week. We have done all that with out having a full team and now we finally do so with so many sick and injuried decided that we have bigger things ahead.

I think the coaches didn't want to finish low in the standings. I saw a Lipscomb team there with 5 wrestlers, and I think Page had maybe 7. Seemed selfish to me

As a Centennial parent, I AM disappointed. I understand there were several kids sick and a few injuried. I personally don't think the right choice was made, but whatcha gonna do ... Hope the coach learns and makes better choices as he continues his high school coaching career? This is the difference between a middle school coach and a seasoned high school coach. Why would you not take the kids you have and let them wrestle? Over the break we wrestled against a team in a duals tournament that showed up with just five kids. It's not like you can replace this tournament with another one. I have to say what is most disturbing is that I have a senior who was beyond disappointed that he had no control over this decision and a coach who just doesn't get it.