Region 1 finals predictions

newcoach215

I think you are catching on Nobody.  The answer is 2. 

I think we could have upwards of 6 medalists. There may not be alot of depth but there is definatley talent. Hurley, Hudgens, Bagley, Frye, Begely, Broyles, Vaughn, Williams and thats just to name a few of our top dogs. If they all wrestle to their potential at the State Tournament people should be very weary.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well jeez boys, don't let me stop the conversation.  I'll sit back and just observe but remember JeffCo don't make silly comments or I'll be back up in here like a G6. 

Gotta take care of my boy Baller, he's the Stephen A. Smith; the Eli Gold; the Chris Berman; the John Madden of Tennessee wrestling.  Sometimes I lose my kid, I call Baller just because hes a wrestler, Baller can tell me where hes hiding...once it was upstairs in his closet...how does he know all this stuff???  I think he might be a wizard.

Carry on.

Thanks alot Humor. I probably just ruined this laptop. Read that and literally the laughter flowed and the drink once in my mouth went spraying over the computer. Leae to Humor to get that kind of respone. Good one buddy.

Oh G6 was a good one too.

I will tell you driving the boys all over to tourneys during aau and making sure we drove to Nashville and Chattanooga to wrestle a few times a year made a difference with my boys.  I also think the influence of UTC and MTSU helps drive wrestling in those regional areas of course,  just like it did in my past.  Good college wrestling that is visible makes a difference in influencing kids, and taking kids to matches early on makes a huge difference as well.

I think we could have upwards of 6 medalists. There may not be alot of depth but there is definatley talent. Hurley, Hudgens, Bagley, Frye, Begely, Broyles, Vaughn, Williams and thats just to name a few of our top dogs. If they all wrestle to their potential at the State Tournament people should be very weary.

The only thing you hear is could and should, but there is never really any action. That needs to change consistently for anyone to change their mind about this region

The only thing you hear is could and should, but there is never really any action. That needs to change consistently for anyone to change their mind about this region[/quote

Never any action? Bro these wrestlers are the unsung heroes, the underdogs the ones everyone discounts and still they persist... They work thier tails off day in and day out... Out of their love for the sport and belief in themselves...

There is no truer measure of dedication than that.

Nothing I would like better than the bask in the limelight of favor but guess what? It don't matter. Favor is fleeting, prejudice and fickle... And it does not define you. There are to many people in this region with a deep love of the sport and understanding of what it takes to succeed to not take them seriously. If the rest of the state makes that mistake then it is to our advantage.

When they succeed it will be made all the more sweeter because no one thought they could do it.

They have the heart to make it happen and they will.

Edited by BlackknightGATA

The only thing you hear is could and should, but there is never really any action. That needs to change consistently for anyone to change their mind about this region[/quote

Never any action? Bro these wrestlers are the unsung heroes, the underdogs the ones everyone discounts and still they persist... They work thier tails off day in and day out... Out of their love for the sport and belief in themselves...

Nothing I would like better than the bask in the limelight of favor but guess what? It don't matter. Favor is fleeting, prejudice and fickle... And it does not define you. There are to many people in this region with a deep love of the sport and understanding of what it takes to succeed to not take them seriously. If the rest of the state makes that mistake then it is to our advantage.

When they succeed it will be made all the more sweeter because no one thought they could do it.

You are so right! It gets old hearing how weak our region is. Is it a region with the teams like Soddy Daisy or Cleveland? The answer is no. But it's as good as if not better than the a/aa region is. I'll give pigeon forge credit. They have done their work and deserve the credit that they have earned. But like I said region 1 is not a Soddy Daisy or Wesley Central or Bradley Central region but neither is A/AA by any stretch.

I don't think I mentioned Greenville Mr. Knocked out smiley face guy. I lost a couple to Greenville. That's not the problem. That was 20+ years ago dude. But that's when Greenville was a power force. Not the case these days though. You know what...never mind. You guys are right. We suck. Region 1 is weak as water. But if we are weak as water and suck you guys must be really terrible. So you have a knocked out day. Go and try to beat PF tomorrow. We'll at least your 126 will. Good luck.

I don't think I mentioned Greenville Mr. Knocked out smiley face guy. I lost a couple to Greenville. That's not the problem. That was 20+ years ago dude. But that's when Greenville was a power force. Not the case these days though. You know what...never mind. You guys are right. We suck. Region 1 is weak as water. But if we are weak as water and suck you guys must be really terrible. So you have a knocked out day. Go and try to beat PF tomorrow. We'll at least your 126 will. Good luck.

Why do presume Humor is a Greeneville guy? He is more like of a total Region 1 guru and cinical genius. Now with that said I am sure there will be 13 more kids with Jon that will be ready to wrestle tonight. Vance, Carlson, Knight, Grooms, and Bowman will fight for Region 1 A/AA titles. Not a one man show at all. Good luck too all up that way.

Why do presume Humor is a Greeneville guy? He is more like of a total Region 1 guru and cinical genius. Now with that said I am sure there will be 13 more kids with Jon that will be ready to wrestle tonight. Vance, Carlson, Knight, Grooms, and Bowman will fight for Region 1 A/AA titles. Not a one man show at all. Good luck too all up that way.

I don't care where he's from. And I would say that he's anything other than a genius. Look. Greenville is a good team. Fact is they are all just kids doing something they love. I think we all have better things to do the night before Regionals than dump on each other. I know I do. So I want to wish all of the guys wrestling tomorrow good luck and be safe.

First you are lying to yourself if you think that every kid in your region is working their butt off everyday. It's a quality missing in that generation.

Second I wasn't saying that the wrestlers are talking, it's the dumb comments on here that get your kids disrespected.

I think the kids do work hard, just not the level to be where chat is as a whole. In order to get respected, production is key in postseason.

ame="BlackknightGATA" post="3128906" timestamp="1391786551"]

First you are lying to yourself if you think that every kid in your region is working their butt off everyday. It's a quality missing in that generation.

Second I wasn't saying that the wrestlers are talking, it's the dumb comments on here that get your kids disrespected.

I think the kids do work hard, just not the level to be where chat is as a whole. In order to get respected, production is key in postseason.

First- I agree as a whole the current crop of athletes have less work eithic than previous generations and more distractions. I wouldn't use a sweeping generalization and say every kid in region one is working hard everyday. Every kid in every other region isn't working hard either. But I don't think you imply that they are. They are working smarter and they are more organized. I get it.

But there are those that are working hard in this region and they will make thier bones and lead by example. This is not supposition it is fact. I witness it personally. It's our job to pass the work eithic on to them. agreed?

Second- Dumb comments are water across a ducks back and shoudnt result in additional dumb comments that marginalizes this region (no matter how inflamatory)

The kids deserve respect because a) they are kids B) because they are participating in the greatest sport on the planet and without thier particpation this sport would die c) this is region is appalachia; "some" are literally doing it with NO support, No money and No understanding from parents and peers as to "why" . This is not Gwinnett county Georgia (ARCHER) or Alabaster, Alabama (THOMPSON). Doesn't mean they can't succeed just some have more obstacles than others.

Third- I agree 100%... production, results and success are the currency by which respect is EARNED. If not everyone would have it.

We are the underdogs and frankly that's how I like for others to view us. It provides the element of surpise. It keeps you hungry for success. And makes the victories that much more sweet.

Edited by BlackknightGATA