ANYONE ELSE HEARING THIS?

RONDO

The easiest thing would be if TSSAA investigated and if they found nothing wrong then so be it, that would shut up allot of people but, if they did find wrong doing then something would have to be done, either way if TSSAA truly cared about that issue they could get a few schools, their worries is about money not level playing field , their motto if we don't know we can't do anything about it , better off hiding behind the business of money making not rule enforcement.

The easiest thing would be if TSSAA investigated and if they found nothing wrong then so be it, that would shut up allot of people but, if they did find wrong doing then something would have to be done, either way if TSSAA truly cared about that issue they could get a few schools, their worries is about money not level playing field , their motto if we don't know we can't do anything about it , better off hiding behind the business of money making not rule enforcement.

AgreeT$$AA is very interested in financial issues. I don't have a problem with private schools recruiting students, giving financial aide, etc... That is the nature of their business. To keep their doors open they must have students and to get students they must sell parents and students on their programs whether it be athletics, academics, or the arts.

My problem is with the T$$AA. Their job is the assure schools are competing on a level playing field. IMO that is where they are failing. In my mind this is a classification issue and monitoring private schools in terms of financial aide, recruiting, etc becomes a mute point if they would classify schools accordingly.

First point of classification would be tuition based schools and non tuition schools. DI and DII. Once that division takes place. Schools would be classified into divisions based on enrollment numbers. Seems pretty simple and eliminates the concern of privates having an unfair advantage due to recruiting and financial aide.

If privates are not happy with that arrangement then at that point they can form their own association and move on. This has worked well in the North East and other states for many years.

I agree with you. 

Edited by QSouth89

From what I'm hearing you guys might be getting your wish. It appears that when the TSSAA does it's next classification in 2017 there will be a split of privates and publics. I'm also hearing that the privates will have two classes based on the amount of financial aid given. Some private schools can't afford to give out full scholarships every year.

From what I'm hearing you guys might be getting your wish. It appears that when the TSSAA does it's next classification in 2017 there will be a split of privates and publics. I'm also hearing that the privates will have two classes based on the amount of financial aid given. Some private schools can't afford to give out full scholarships every year.

same as I hear. All privates will either be d1 or d2. Privates will not be based on enrollment but based on financial aide amounts. I also heard that public open zoned schools with pay to attend could possibly face some type muliplier.

It needs to begin mid-cycle.

It should begin at mid-cycle. In fact the privates should form their own association, mandate their own rules and policies and only play each other. If the need rises to play a public school, they should schedule out of state publics only. Maybe then all of this madness will stop. But then again human nature states that unhappy people will always complain.

It should begin at mid-cycle. In fact the privates should form their own association, mandate their own rules and policies and only play each other. If the need rises to play a public school, they should schedule out of state publics only. Maybe then all of this madness will stop. But then again human nature states that unhappy people will always complain.

There is a proposal to separate the public and privates, but apparently this proposal is made often and has yet to pass.    If you really want to see a change to make this a reality coaches and ADs need to start working on their principals and get them to vote for the split.

Good Luck