T$$AA Officials

champstrain1

TSSAA better get to training these guys or it's only going to get worse.

How much worse can it get?  The only thing that could top all of the poor decisions made by the officials is if one dies on the mat due to being 50+ pounds overweight.  Don't laugh because this happened to a MLB umpire on opening day.  Notice how quickly MLB umpires got into shape and changed their image after that tragedy?  Many of the officials are so overweight and out of shape they can't get into position to make the call. 

IDEA...... maybe the championship match head coaches should pick the

officials they want to call their wrestlers final. Then disk flip who is the

lead official and the assistant........... You accomplish 2 very important things

1)you have officials that each wrestler and coach respects and has confidence

In a fair, even match, and, 2)eliminate some of the coaches trepidation when they

see who is calling their match

Just another pipe dream?!

Dear Mr. Ref,  The one that did matches in Div2 on friday night.  Please stop talking to the crowd when you miss an obvious locking hands and they let you know it.  By the way I didn't have a dog in the hunt in this match or the one at the Cleveland Duals but what caught my eye both times is your reaction to the fans and the fact you really did miss those calls.   Don't justify your calls it just assures us all that you were wrong again.  There are few things a ref can do that is more unprofessional than reacting to the audience.  It tells me more than anything that you are not focused on the match at hand and that's why so many of these kids get the shaft.  

IDEA...... maybe the championship match head coaches should pick the

officials they want to call their wrestlers final. Then disk flip who is the

lead official and the assistant........... You accomplish 2 very important things

1)you have officials that each wrestler and coach respects and has confidence

In a fair, even match, and, 2)eliminate some of the coaches trepidation when they

see who is calling their match

Just another pipe dream?!

What do you do with all divisions wrestling at the same time and all coaches in the 106 class pick Mike Craft and PA Bowler. Who gets to use them ?

Along with the bad calls during the finals in the 182 match Chad Solomon clearly locked his hands around Billy Raluston and the ref along with all of the audience could clearly see it. Some of these refs seem biased towards certain teams. Case and point was the 120 Cyree vs. Fuller. How would that ref call stalling on Cyree who was working the whole match and was defending a switch? Hard enough to deal with a tough wrestler, but also having to deal with the ref is nearly impossible!

The first stalling call on devan was bad as well...fuller reversed devan and stayed completely parrallel above devans hips(some would call that offensive stalling) and from the time fuller secured the reverse till the ref called stalling 8 seconds passed and the scramble started...within 20 seconds devan was out...I watch bigger wrestlers push and pull for 6 min and never create the action that happened in that 30 second window and no stalling calls...I tried to find in rulebook the light weight rules for stalling and heavy weight rules for stalling but they seem to be the same??? I understand the action of bigger guys is no where near the action of the smaller guys....just needs to be some kinda common ground

Edited by twimbelton