Class AA Miss Basketball Ballots

CoachT

If you haven't seen Rachel bell play I hope you get the chance.She is an outstanding player-very hard to stop and guard and very,very athletic.and I promise I have no ties what so ever.Seen her play last year in sub-state and she is unbelievable.

a very similiar player to former Miss Basketball winner Chassidy Fussell from Obion Co. Their game is very very similar...

Callie Hackett at Smith, Abbey Sissom at Cannon, Fredericks (probably butchered that, lol) at Sequatchie, and Sells at Livingston.

I'm SURE there are great players all over the state, but I can only talk about players that I've seen.

just one S off at the end. 24/10 with another post getting her share of the boards, high of 35 points and 21 rebounds. She should at least make all state, the team has not accomplished as much as others yet which is usually part of miss basketball.

Rachel bell. Creek wood

Abbey sissom. Cannon county

Anna hannamaker. Cak

Alison hodge. Grainger co

Taylor from Dyersburg

Callie Hackett from smith county

Those are all great choices. McMinn Central will let ya'll have one this year ;) Won't be long till you see Jacobi Lynn's name on those ballots though so you better hurry up and win one!

Haris Price, a junior from Gatlinburg-Pittman High School should be considered for AA Miss Basketball. Haris averages 16 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals per game from the point guard position for the 21-3 Lady Highlanders. Haris' ability to break down pressure, distribute the basketball, get to the rim and finish, and light it up from beyond the arc make her special. Haris has been called "un-guardable" and a "top three point guard in the state in any classification" by opponent head coaches this season. If you get a chance to watch the Lady Highlanders play, you'll enjoy it. Playing in the very East of Tennessee, Price doesn't garner as much attention as deserved from media but IS drawing the attention of many Division I schools already. As a junior Haris has tallied 1,097 points and 391 assists thus far.

I have traveled and watched lots of basketball action this year across the state. I have checked with various local media outlets throughout this great state to obtain stats and compare the numbers and Allison Hodge - Senior - Forward from Grainger High School has to be given serious consideration for AA Miss Basketball. She has 1,831 career points and 1,220 career rebounds along with 245 career assists and 264 career steals. She has averaged a double double in points and rebounds over her entire career and she is Grainger High Schools current all time leading scorer and rebounder. She has accomplished these numbers while on most nights only playing 2 1/2 to 3 quarters due to her team's usual lopsided margin of victory over their opponents. This year she is averaging 19.6 points per game and 10.3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 1.7 blocks while only playing 22-24 minutes per game on the average. Last year she was an All State selection, 1st team All Prep Xtra, Lakeway Player of the Year, District 2AA Player of the Year, District 2AA Tourney MVP, and All Region tournament. Her sophomore and freshman years she won many of these same accolades as well. She has helped her team to 23, 31, and 32 wins respectively in her 1st 3 years and this season 21 so far. She has helped her team to the #1 AA ranking the last two years, back to back District Championships both regular season and tournament, back to back Region Runner-ups and back to back Sectional appearances. And all the while she has maintained a 4.0 GPA and I was told that she is on pace to be either Valedictorian or Salutatorian of her graduating class this spring.

I have traveled and watched lots of basketball action this year across the state. I have checked with various local media outlets throughout this great state to obtain stats and compare the numbers and Allison Hodge - Senior - Forward from Grainger High School has to be given serious consideration for AA Miss Basketball. She has 1,831 career points and 1,220 career rebounds along with 245 career assists and 264 career steals. She has averaged a double double in points and rebounds over her entire career and she is Grainger High Schools current all time leading scorer and rebounder. She has accomplished these numbers while on most nights only playing 2 1/2 to 3 quarters due to her team's usual lopsided margin of victory over their opponents. This year she is averaging 19.6 points per game and 10.3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 1.7 blocks while only playing 22-24 minutes per game on the average. Last year she was an All State selection, 1st team All Prep Xtra, Lakeway Player of the Year, District 2AA Player of the Year, District 2AA Tourney MVP, and All Region tournament. Her sophomore and freshman years she won many of these same accolades as well. She has helped her team to 23, 31, and 32 wins respectively in her 1st 3 years and this season 21 so far. She has helped her team to the #1 AA ranking the last two years, back to back District Championships both regular season and tournament, back to back Region Runner-ups and back to back Sectional appearances. And all the while she has maintained a 4.0 GPA and I was told that she is on pace to be either Valedictorian or Salutatorian of her graduating class this spring.

With these numbers and only averaging less that 3 quarters per game, she is deserving.

With these numbers and only averaging less that 3 quarters per game, she is deserving.

These are GREAT numbers. Level of competition should be considered here however. Until this year, Grainger's schedule has been extremely weak. One of the weakest districts in the state. What is she averaging vs. the Elizabethon's, CAK's, and AAA schools they have played?

These are GREAT numbers. Level of competition should be considered here however. Until this year, Grainger's schedule has been extremely weak. One of the weakest districts in the state. What is she averaging vs. the Elizabethon's, CAK's, and AAA schools they have played?

vs. Chattanooga Baylor - 26 pts 13 rebounds

vs. Bearden - 11 pts 10 rebounds

vs. Farragut (#9 AAA team in the state) - 24 pts 11 rebounds

vs. Science Hill (#2 AAA team in the state) - 25 pts 10 rebounds

vs. CAK - 25 pts 11 rebounds

vs. Morristown West (#5 AAA team in the state) - 17 pts 13 rebounds

vs. Wilson Central - 17 pts 13 rebounds

vs. Holy Name, OH - 21 pts 7 rebounds

vs. Archer, GA - 23 pts, 7 rebounds

vs. Morristown West (#5 AAA team in the state) - 18 pts 8 rebounds

Last year vs. Elizabethton in the Regional Championship - 30 pts 15 rebounds

Thats an average of 21.5 pts and 10.7 rebounds per game against what I believe you or anyone else would deem to be teams of STRENGTH!

I have no affiliation whatsoever to Grainger in any way.  I am from Middle TN and scout talent for many local colleges in the area.  I have watched basketball for over 25 years in this state.  I have seen Allison play at Shelbyville's team camp the last three summers against great competition and last year at White County in a Christmas tourney.  I've seen her this year vs. Farragut, Science Hill and also the CAK games.  She has a full ride to Carson Newman and I'm telling you could've and would've gotten offers to bigger schools had she wanted to wait.  She was on the list for many, trust me I know.  She chose to sign with Carson Newman during the early signing period, because that's the school she loves and where she wanted to be.  They don't just hand out full rides to Carson Newman and you don't make college's watch and wait lists if you can't play.  Her size (5'10" making her a bit small) for the 4 or 5 position that she plays is the only thing that kept the bigger D1 schools from being all over her early.  If she were 6'0" or 6'1" the D1s would've been knocking her door down due to her ball handling skills and ability to step out and shoot the 3.  The girl can play, I don't care what kind of competition you put her up against or how weak or how strong the schedule is. The other girls mentioned in this thread are very deserving as well, I just think Allison Hodge deserves to be mentioned right there with the rest.  I would put Grainger's schedule this season up against any other AA team in the state.  They cannot help the strength or weakness of their district opponents and it appears have tried to make up for that with their non conference scheduling.  This thread is to promote deserving players and the reasons why they are deserving.  It is not intended to belittle the numbers of a high school athlete or to discuss why they shouldn't be mentioned.