Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

MSUfan85 – Referring to post #107

Bird dogging forums for years has shown me that most posters post for reasons other than hate. Rarely if ever, that is the case. With ten exclamation points, MSUfan85, you believe that many posters on this thread are MJCA haters? You’ve read threads of EZH, MJCA and DA and interpolated your opinion about them. This shows that you can read and can count but IMO, your comprehension seems to be knowledge deficient.

You use another strong adjective when saying so many people “bash†the AD, Coaches and players. If you’re trying to understand then it may be prudent to see your environment you belong. You live within the facts of that program and allow things to happen without doing anything about it. Proof is always in the pudding or the fruit on the tree!!!! Be part of a solution to a situation and not allow them to continue year after year after year. 25 wins and 125 losses is an indicator of a poorly run program. This is throughout the longevity of its football program. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS? THE PLAYERS? THE ATHLETES? I concur 100% with bigchief’s posts. Note his second post on February 17, which reads “You should have kept Harrison, too.†Quote from MJCA AD, “Coach Harrison has expressed great planning and vision for the MJCA football program.†“We are excited about the product that Mark is going to bring the MJCA program.†From all gathered, this coach was good for the program! This new coach should be good too but what how will his tenure end? Finally MSUfan85, you posted your son is part of the football program, do you truly believe that the previous football coach was a good hire? The Wilson Post wrote, I have never been around such hard working and determined players," Roberts said. "They have done everything that I've ever asked of them, and I sincerely hope that I have left the program in better shape than when I first took the job."

Being there for some time, kids in the immediate programs, strong opinions and willing to scold others who wish to express themselves freely in a forum that is quite frankly, the best!, gives me pause to even respond to you MSUfan85..

There are things on the record because they have happened and are not opinions. These things can be verified by anyone putting forth the effort. I invite you to research the record, to re-read the posts of this thread and think them through!!!!!!!!!!

If you always do what you’ve always done then you’ll always have what you’ve always had. MJCA will someday be one of the top schools and athletic programs in Tennessee when people get their eyes off of themselves and put those eyes solely on the kids.

I wish the best for MJCA as I believe they have untapped potential.  I question the administration to be aggressive enough to sell the product they have, but hopefully things can change.  I applaud MJCA for hiring in a real football coach.  Not that the guys before them were bad, they had a lot of things going against them, and I think the day has come where MJCA has to make a decision to be competitive.  When your football is competitive, everything else will fall into place in my opinion.  Parents want to send their children to a program that has a chance to be competitive during their high school career, and there are a lot of kids that miss out on the opportunity to enjoy a high school athletic career at a AAA school where they could contribute at a private school.

•  

This is one of the most ignorant post I have seen on coacht. Your applauding MJCA for hiring a real coach is proof what a stupid comment this is. Being an assistant at PC is no criteria for hiring him. Other than being at PC what has been done to say he is a "real" football coach? Please inform us? In my opinion he is the least qualified coach MJCA has hired. All the others were much better football coaches. 

Edited by hardtackle

hardtackle, you referenced a post and poster above but left out 80% or so of the post and who wrote it? I believe it was post #101 by 2minutedrill?

An opinion is a belief or judgment that falls short of absolute conviction, certainty, or positive knowledge; it is a conclusion that certain facts, ideas, etc, are probably true or likely to prove so

hardtackle, you posted your opinion above stating all the football coaches at MJCA were better qualified and better coaches than Coach Davis, the new hire, if reading this correctly? Outside of Coach Mark Harrison, who I referenced in post #109, simply explain your basis for that opinion regarding MJCA's coaches or even their staffs for Coach Paul Townsend and the last two years head Coach Jake Roberts. Outside of being really nice people or great character guys, what made these coaches good at coaching football? These two representing perhaps 50% or more of all games played at MJCA, the past 13 years. Thanks for your insight as it's important to know why you feel that way. 

Edited by jrreports

hardtackle, you referenced a post and poster above but left out 80% or so of the post and who wrote it? I believe it was post #101 by 2minutedrill?

An opinion is a belief or judgment that falls short of absolute conviction, certainty, or positive knowledge; it is a conclusion that certain facts, ideas, etc, are probably true or likely to prove so

hardtackle, you posted your opinion above stating all the football coaches at MJCA were better qualified and better coaches than Coach Davis, the new hire, if reading this correctly? Outside of Coach Mark Harrison, who I referenced in post #109, simply explain your basis for that opinion regarding MJCA's coaches or even their staffs for Coach Paul Townsend and the last two years head Coach Jake Roberts. Outside of being really nice people or great character guys, what made these coaches good at coaching football? These two representing perhaps 50% or more of all games played at MJCA, the past 13 years. Thanks for your insight as it's important to know why you feel that way. 

My only complaint about the post is the statement " hired a REAL coach". In my opinion they are better coaches,all of them, than the one just hired. Only time will tell if either of us is correct in our thinking. I hope he does well,just did not like the statement "real coach" Since you obviously know what a real coach is and have stuck your nose in where you want,you tell me what makes this hire best ever. Otherwise keep your moderating to yourself.

Edited by hardtackle

Wasn't trying to start a sword fight here.  I don't feel like 2 of the past 3 coaches have what Davis has.  That being said, they are not bad people or coaches, they just had major issues stacked against them as well, the 1st being an administration that by their actions does not want to be competitive in Division II.  The coach no matter who it is, can't be a savior without some help and getting some bodies in the door.   In my opinion, PC tells them what they want to hear, and then does not make good on certain things, thus leading to turnover when the coach realizes they are fighting a no-win battle.  That or they "want to go in a different direction" as they did with Coach Harrison who basically did not do anything to warrant a dismissal after 2 seasons.  Whether 2 seasons or 5, it's hard to produce on the field without competitive bodies or depth. 

Wasn't trying to start a sword fight here.  I don't feel like 2 of the past 3 coaches have what Davis has.  That being said, they are not bad people or coaches, they just had major issues stacked against them as well, the 1st being an administration that by their actions does not want to be competitive in Division II.  The coach no matter who it is, can't be a savior without some help and getting some bodies in the door.   In my opinion, PC tells them what they want to hear, and then does not make good on certain things, thus leading to turnover when the coach realizes they are fighting a no-win battle.  That or they "want to go in a different direction" as they did with Coach Harrison who basically did not do anything to warrant a dismissal after 2 seasons.  Whether 2 seasons or 5, it's hard to produce on the field without competitive bodies or depth. 

What Davis has? Well that explains why he is the "real" coach hired. The adminisrtation has not changed and will not change. No athletes are going to start comimg to MJCA regardless who is the coach. If new coach is smart he will stay where he is and realize he can not and will not change this program. He has no idea what he is getting into and what he is giving up.

Hardtackle, your response to 2minutedrill seems quite negative, again! Let me ask, what solutions have you proposed to the MJCA program? You seem so certain that it's futile. As outsiders looking in, we're not privy to certain information and don't have to be but have you put together a team of people with similar views? Have you tried or do you believe this type of rhetoric is the answer?

I believe just the opposite of you, hardtackle. I say, if a new coach is smart, he'll make his way into MJCA with a plan and ideas of exactly what he is getting into and what he will be giving back to those kids of that program, school and community. Yes, other athletes, (because they do have good athletes on campus as seen through the years) will also start coming to MJCA.

2minutedrill, again I concur with most everything you just said. However, I believe a coach, perhaps this new hire DD and his hired or voluntary staff can be successful with the football program, the kids and the parents IN-SPITE of having "major issues stacked against them." While there is no doubt that the admissions department coordinated with the athletic department probably needs a major overhaul to bring more bodies into the door as you say, I also believe that just ONE person, one coach or a small group of people can be the difference maker(s) and win the battle to help full-fill the mission statement of that school and it's sports programs. I further believe that good football coaches would have won a great deal more games or had a great deal of more improvement with the personnel that MJCA has had under previous coaches not including MHarrison. Lastly, Webb is just another school and I agree that if the administration doesn't want to play all comers especially within the district, then I liked to know the truthful why.

Thank you 2minutedrill for your comments as it enable the thread to continue and you are enjoyable to read.

Referring to HARDTACKLE, I wished he would answer my simple question in post #112,

outside of being really nice people or great character guys, what made in his opinion Coaches PT or JR even good at coaching football, much less than better then the new coach whereby the jury is still out on?  He just stated that he only had one complaint but it seemed that all he had done in his four prior posts on this thread was "complain!"  He complained that you (2minutedrill's) "real coach" post #111, was "the most ignorant post" he had seen on this entire forum, ever. He complained that your (2minutedrill) applauding for MJCA for hiring a real coach was "proof what a stupid comment" that was. He complained that "being an assistant at PC is no criteria for hiring him," referencing the new hire Dan Davis? In post #113 he continued to complain that he "just did not like the statement "real coach."  In post #115, he complained the administration hasn't changed and won't change, coaches should not want to be part of MJCA, etc.. Above, he wrapped up by complaining that I stuck my nose in where he didn't appreciate it.  With all that said, he said, in post #113, "my only complaint."

Hardtackle, your response to 2minutedrill seems quite negative, again! Let me ask, what solutions have you proposed to the MJCA program? You seem so certain that it's futile. As outsiders looking in, we're not privy to certain information and don't have to be but have you put together a team of people with similar views? Have you tried or do you believe this type of rhetoric is the answer?

I believe just the opposite of you, hardtackle. I say, if a new coach is smart, he'll make his way into MJCA with a plan and ideas of exactly what he is getting into and what he will be giving back to those kids of that program, school and community. Yes, other athletes, (because they do have good athletes on campus as seen through the years) will also start coming to MJCA.

My solution would include getting an administration and some leadership that has some type of plan, some foresight, and executing the plan.  Their location is their biggest strength.  Also, there tuition is affordable in regards to private schooling.  In regards to academics, they do fall behind the other 2 schools on the East Side of I-40, and that needs to improve.  I also feel that they can could gain some students down into Antioch who might consider other institutions.  Again, as discussed there are students that are literally walking the halls of MJ and Wilson Central along with the middle schools that are not playing at those schools due to depth of talent.  Those students have grown up playing in various baseball, softball, football, basketball and soccer leagues that can't crack a team or a lineup at the bigger schools.  Parents There is an advantage of contributing in athletics at a smaller school if your child wants to do so, my question is why not MJCA?   Wilson Co is a rapidly growing area with lots of potential. 

I still have not had anyone answer my original complaint. What makes this new hire a "real coach" ? When someones answers this question I will respond. As for other so called complaints, I am just responding to all your posts. Answer the original question, what makes DD a real coach?

Edited by hardtackle

I still have not had anyone answer my original complaint. What makes this new hire a "real coach" ? When someones answers this question I will respond. As for other so called complaints, I am just responding to all your posts. Answer the original question, what makes DD a real coach?

HT,

With all do respect, Coach Davis's resume are those of a an accomplished assistant coach.  Not that he is any more qualified than yourself or any of your friends that may have applied or of the last 3 coaches there.  If you interpretation of "real coach" was a dig at the previous coaches or anyone who applied that was not hired, then that was not the intention of the post.  DD has been an accomplished assistant at a winning program whose demographics are light years away from PC.  However, in my opinion, I think he is a better candidate than a young 20s college assistant who was backdoored the job on the last hire.  That is why I question the leadership of the athletic director.  To dismiss a coach like Harrison, to fill it with a young coach, who bounced 2 years in has the right to be questioned.