Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

It appears that is not going happen. The end result is that in football MJCA is just not very good and never will be until they get some play makers on the team. That has nothing to do with the AD. He may be terrible and only cares about basketball,but that has not hurt football. I do not think that would change even if they played 8 man football. 

I agree, the AD isn't totally responsible for the lack of athletes at the school. Decisions made above him contribute to that. However, his reputation undoubtedly keeps some kids away too. Hiring assistant coaches has never been high on his priority list either.

They usually have a few good skill kids, they just get hurt on the lines traditionally. That's where 8man would benefit them. They might not win state, but I guarantee they'd be consistent winners simply because they'd be one of the deeper teams, with the occasional class (such as the rising freshmen) that could have a title shot.

Edited by vandyfan13

I agree, the AD isn't totally responsible for the lack of athletes at the school. Decisions made above him contribute to that. However, his reputation undoubtedly keeps some kids away too. Hiring assistant coaches has never been high on his priority list either.

They usually have a few good skill kids, they just get hurt on the lines traditionally. That's where 8man would benefit them. They might not win state, but I guarantee they'd be consistent winners simply because they'd be one of the deeper teams, with the occasional class (such as the rising freshmen) that could have a title shot.

I heard they were a good team. I even hear that the coach of Freshmen team is a possible candidate to be become new varsity coach. Any truth to that?

I heard they were a good team. I even hear that the coach of Freshmen team is a possible candidate to be become new varsity coach. Any truth to that?

The MS team was  pretty good this year, although questionable schedule. There is no freshman team or coach.  The MS coach is not a certified teacher so he is probably not the guy.  Another coach there says that they are trying to hire a big name- Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Think there were some descent names but big names to them aren't really BIG names. Think there was some interest because people think it could be a good job, could being key word. Lots of changes need to be made first and that could take years.

I think you are right that it could be a good job and some applied for that reason. Like you said though could is the key word. I asked about this job myself but was quickly steered to stay put. Too many negatives that out weighed the possibilities of positives. Good luck to whomever is the new coach.

You made a good decision.