Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

Whoever does take the job, must remember that the forfeit to Kx Webb automatically eliminates them from post season play.  I just thought it was change to get another W, A region forfeit automatically puts you last in the league.  Now the chance of them winning two games the key being beating DCA and Friendship is impossible, but under this brilliant decision by the AD means the new HC is handcuffed right out of the shoot.

The first year they were in the region with KW the AD cancelled the game for the threat of a storm.  Then went and told the HC, claiming it was to dangerous to play.  

Good luck who ever is next you will battle the "small  school poor us" mentality with the AD constantly.

Whoever does take the job, must remember that the forfeit to Kx Webb automatically eliminates them from post season play.  I just thought it was change to get another W, A region forfeit automatically puts you last in the league.  Now the chance of them winning two games the key being beating DCA and Friendship is impossible, but under this brilliant decision by the AD means the new HC is handcuffed right out of the shoot.

The first year they were in the region with KW the AD cancelled the game for the threat of a storm.  Then went and told the HC, claiming it was to dangerous to play.  

Good luck who ever is next you will battle the "small  school poor us" mentality with the AD constantly.

I don't believe it automatically does, but for all intensive purposes it does given the rest of the region opponents.

I heard the same thing from a coach in the region as it was acknowledged by MJCA when they had the discussion at the region meeting.

I was told that is the T$$AA policy on the issue of region forfeits.

Well, if they're automatically eliminated from the playoffs before they ever start the season, that's just one more reason to go 8 man or play as an independent. Otherwise all they're doing is putting their kids needlessly at risk playing against the DCAs & FCSs of the world. 

Their soccer program has a brand facility.  It's pretty nice.  

The AD isn't a bad guy, he has been there for 15 years.  There is no headmaster, always a headmaster in waiting, or if there is he lets "PC deal with athletics".......which is why for 15 years they have completely been horrible in pretty much everything.  They are decent in basketball and had a pretty good record a couple years back with cupcake scheduling, but got bounced out in the region after starting out 16-1 or something.  

Their programs are terrible and it starts at the top.  Yes, they have great people and decent facilities, but it's the mentality that matters.  And it starts at the top.  

Had a guy tell me one time that places usually don't make it a habit of keeping nice guys around that do not produce.  MJCA seems to be the exception.  The AD has benefited from the revolving door of Headmasters, they stay a year or two then get fired.  They are never really there long enough to gauge the job the AD is doing.  So by pure dumb luck he has managed to stay around and guide what is without question the worst athletics program in the State of Tennessee.  He is a decent hoops coach, but quite honestly he could care less about the other sports at MJCA.  I have no doubts that he would have been replaced at any other program.  Carry on MJCA, see you at Cosby High School in the near future.

Had a guy tell me one time that places usually don't make it a habit of keeping nice guys around that do not produce.  MJCA seems to be the exception.  The AD has benefited from the revolving door of Headmasters, they stay a year or two then get fired.  They are never really there long enough to gauge the job the AD is doing.  So by pure dumb luck he has managed to stay around and guide what is without question the worst athletics program in the State of Tennessee.  He is a decent hoops coach, but quite honestly he could care less about the other sports at MJCA.  I have no doubts that he would have been replaced at any other program.  Carry on MJCA, see you at Cosby High School in the near future.

With all that being said,even if it is  true, how do explain that with multiple coaches over the years the football program has never won many games. He can't be totally responsible for the lack of wins. MJCA just does not have the number of good players needed to be very good.

With all that being said,even if it is  true, how do explain that with multiple coaches over the years the football program has never won many games. He can't be totally responsible for the lack of wins. MJCA just does not have the number of good players needed to be very good.

However the AD is ultimately responsible for the athletic department and indirectly responsible for hiring coaches or in many cases not hiring good ones or trying to keep them unless they are involved with basketball.

The attitudes across the board need to be changed there. Toward everything.

The attitudes across the board need to be changed there. Toward everything.

It appears that is not going happen. The end result is that in football MJCA is just not very good and never will be until they get some play makers on the team. That has nothing to do with the AD. He may be terrible and only cares about basketball,but that has not hurt football. I do not think that would change even if they played 8 man football. 

However the AD is ultimately responsible for the athletic department and indirectly responsible for hiring coaches or in many cases not hiring good ones or trying to keep them unless they are involved with basketball.

You can only hire who applies. No good coach is going to apply here,unless he is looking for his first job or someone retired looking for a supplement to retirement. History has proven that since the program began there are few if any "football players" at MJCA. Unless the AD is to recruit I see no validity in your post. Scholarships is not the answer either.