Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

So how about you Saints fans giving an honest appraisal of the new coach now that the season is complete.

Watched a game and kept up with the season.  Saw some improvement, but with the lack of depth and overall talent it's hard to see what areas of improvement a coach can make there.  With proper scheduling, 3-4 wins could be obtainable. 

Watched a game and kept up with the season.  Saw some improvement, but with the lack of depth and overall talent it's hard to see what areas of improvement a coach can make there.  With proper scheduling, 3-4 wins could be obtainable. 

I also saw one game. However, I do not think that Pickett County was any kind of a measuring stick. The two games they won, the outcome would have been the same with any of the last three guys they have had coaching. Even with the middle school guy everyone talks about. I did not see any difference from years past.

The DII-A schedule is what it is. The school starts out 0-1 every year after the forfeit to Webb.  They have no chance of beating anybody else but Zion, and maybe Ezell if they continue to wither and die.

Not sure the proper scheduling can be done. There are only so many schools in the same boat.

There is no depth. There is no real draw to the school. The county has the highest graduation rate for public counties in the area. When the public schools are good, folks are less likely to pay for what they can get for free. Plus, you have several privates close by that offer better athletics AND academic programs. Tough situation.

They have never won 4 games in a season, won 3 games 3 different seasons.  All time record after 2104 season is 24-108.  See link below:

http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Mt.%20Juliet%20Christian

13 seasons, 3 wins in season (3 times)  - 5 head coaches, 3 headmasters, 2 principals 1 AD- wonder what the problem is - only 1 common denominator - doubt if anyone there will ever figure it out.  Too bad for the kids like many I think the school has potential.

13 seasons, 3 wins in season (3 times)  - 5 head coaches, 3 headmasters, 2 principals 1 AD- wonder what the problem is - only 1 common denominator - doubt if anyone there will ever figure it out.  Too bad for the kids like many I think the school has potential.

MJCA should be a powerhouse in athletics given the right leadership, you couldn't ask for a better location.  But in all honesty, PC only cares about boy's basketball.  The place is one good AD and one good recruiter away from having a decent football program.

13 seasons, 3 wins in season (3 times) - 5 head coaches, 3 headmasters, 2 principals 1 AD- wonder what the problem is - only 1 common denominator - doubt if anyone there will ever figure it out. Too bad for the kids like many I think the school has potential.

NonUTfan. how many wins did you have there

Edited by buchunter

I have played, watched and followed high school and middle school sports in Middle TN for the last 35 years. I have never come across a more classless group of fans and coaches than those at MJCA. There are many factors affecting the success of this program but it does seem to come back to leadership. If the AD is the only unchanged piece, then maybe a change is in order. A strong AD will control the fans/parents and implement some character that could help this program a great deal. 

13 seasons, 3 wins in season (3 times) - 5 head coaches, 3 headmasters, 2 principals 1 AD- wonder what the problem is - only 1 common denominator - doubt if anyone there will ever figure it out. Too bad for the kids like many I think the school has potential.

NonUTfan. how many wins did you have there

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!