District 14a tournament

87vikingalumni

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That tourney got interesting tonight. I had predicted S. Fulton would be in the finals and maybe make a run at State. I haven't seen them since the Christmas tourney, but something must have went wrong. I still think it is Humboldt & UC in District Finals. A lot of tourney experience on both teams and this is where the season actually begins. Good luck to all 4.

It's hard to beat a team three (3) times but I'm going to go with Vikings by ten (10) over LC & GC upsets UC by one (1) 59-58!!!!

We played them very well here at Gibson and probably should've beaten them had we not made bone headed mistakes down the stretch in that game. We are playing some great ball right now. This was huge for Gibson, not only for this year, but it also gives this boys program some hope in the future that hasn't been there in years past. In my opinion, we have one of the best, if not the best Freshman in 14A in Mac Hicks to go along with a very good sophomore PG in Peyton Holt. Also, Peyton's twin brother Pierce has played his best basketball as of late as well. This is a young team that has plenty of young talent to look forward to for the next couple of years.

We played them very well here at Gibson and probably should've beaten them had we not made bone headed mistakes down the stretch in that game. We are playing some great ball right now. This was huge for Gibson, not only for this year, but it also gives this boys program some hope in the future that hasn't been there in years past. In my opinion, we have one of the best, if not the best Freshman in 14A in Mac Hicks to go along with a very good sophomore PG in Peyton Holt. Also, Peyton's twin brother Pierce has played his best basketball as of late as well. This is a young team that has plenty of young talent to look forward to for the next couple of years.

Well, it's tournament time & this is when you need to be playing your best basketball. Anything can happen on any given night, that's why you have to show up and play every night during tournament time! I hope my Vikings continue to play good defense & team basketball, Vikings sometimes start off slow first half but need four (4) complete quarters every game if they want to continue to go deeper into post season! Good luck to GC Friday night, it's going to be two (2) great games!!!

Wouldnt seel LC short.Raheem Flowers and Devante Hill seems to be helping Lake Co since they have come on board,especially on the defensive end.

Yes Bigster, LC has improved but if Humboldt plays the way they are capable they will beat LC. Game might be closer than the previous two (2) games but I know the Vikings will not take LC lightly, & will continue to play team offense/defense & hit the boards. I still predict that the Vikings will win by ten (10) but I've been wrong before, should be a great night of basketball at SF with a big crowd so People need to get to the game early or you might not get in!!

What are the biggest schools to offer De'Sonta Bradford thus far?

Really not sure but here are a few that I know about so far: Murray state, SEMO, Florida Atlantic, UT-martin,Texas Tech & Butler was at game last week & talked to him after the game. I"m sure there are several  more schools that have offered but a lot of schools are missing out on a good player that can do it all. Hopefully, he'll pick a school that will be a good fit for him, a very good kid & has a lot of basketball skills as well as personal skills to be sucessful in college.  

UTM needs to be offering the house on Desonta. They could really use his talent and would be a local talent that would succeed there. Just my opinion, but I'm not sure Murray is a good fit. They already have Cameron Payne at PG this year who will still be there for 3 more years after this year. Butler is obviously the big offer for him, if they've offered. I'm sure a good state tournament run could pick up another solid offer or two.