District 15A Tournament

Intense

If I worked at a school where parents were involved, no metal detectors, no crops, bloods, GD's Vice Lords, and the power to expell a student with no red tape, then I would feel we had an advantage. One more things, the TSSAA moved us to 1A TCA can join the private leage tomorrow. INtense, I really respect you but there is no way any private school can complain about a public school, esp an urban one.

Galilee,

Nobody has attacked Mitchell in any way, shape, or form.  The FACT is is that Mitchell has lost a large amount of students to other schools for a variety of reasons.  The FACT is is that they are one of the largest Class A schools in the state.  You are a reasonable poster.  I would come down off of my high horse if I were you on the subject though. 

Should TCA defeat Kipp on Saturday, I hope you will introduce yourself to me when we come your way on Tuesday.  Does Mitchell have an area set aside for radio broadcast media in their gym?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so. Name is Thomas. Middleton had 3 or 4 players that stepped up tonight and made up for his absence. They had 4 in double figures. Some of those guys don't normally get many shots due to Thomas shooting. Thomas should be taking those shots because he is a go to guy but I give those other guys a lot of credit for stepping up. Great ballgame tonight!

I thought so..I saw Middleton play LC and he was pretty good..Congrats to you guys over man im glad to see y'all get that W..Now go get Memphis.

Galilee,

Nobody has attacked Mitchell in any way, shape, or form.  The FACT is is that Mitchell has lost a large amount of students to other schools for a variety of reasons.  The FACT is is that they are one of the largest Class A schools in the state.  You are a reasonable poster.  I would come down off of my high horse if I were you on the subject though. 

Should TCA defeat Kipp on Saturday, I hope you will introduce yourself to me when we come your way on Tuesday.  Does Mitchell have an area set aside for radio broadcast media in their gym?

So when Galilee states FACTS, he is on his high horse? I think he was responding to a FACT posted by someone toward Mitchell with his own FACTS. The FACT is, people make a big deal out of enrollments. Do they have more kids to choose from? Yes, but it doesn't mean they have to be good. Would you consider Mitchell as the State favorites in Baseball, Softball, and Tennis this spring?  There are many of schools with large enrollments in their class that are not good.  It takes more than numbers to be good. I remember seeing post from before the season started, asking Mitchell why they playing Single A? Why would they drop to Single A with the team they have? Mitchell should have told the TSSAA to keep them in AA. The FACT is, Galilee has been a great poster on this site for years and I'm sure he is tired of hearing all this about his team this year. Was Mitchell suppose to make all there sports program suffer and play in a higher classification because their Basketball team is really good?

We did not go to 1A we were placed in 1A. I am so sorry that we are in the division that our enrollment dictates. We are so wrong for doing that. Now if we were losing games nothing would be said. In the non revenue sports such as volleyball, golf, tennis, cross country and soccer we hear no complaints.

ReitzFan, I was responding to a statement made by TCAINT stating we should be good. They should also. If he state those facs about us then I can state the same concering them. I have visited TCA campus and they have an huge advantage. They can play alltheir games on site, football, basketball, baseball and softball, tennis and track.

They have first class facilities. We share a football stadium off site with many different schools. Our baseball field is our football practice field with no dugout. We have to drive 20 min. just to practice tennis. Our track teams shares 1 track with 10 schools. I guess we have a huge advantage in conditioning traveling back and forth.

Edited by Galilee

We did not go to 1A we were placed in 1A. I am so sorry that we are in the division that our enrollment dictates. We are so wrong for doing that. Now if we were losing games nothing would be said. In the non revenue sports such as volleyball, golf, tennis, cross country and soccer we hear no complaints.

Galilee, yes you were placed in 1A but you could have stayed in 2A. After doing so well in 3A and then 2A why would you want to compete in 1A?What do you accomplish? It wouldn't matter what class you were in regarding the minor sports. You never have done well there and probably won't in 1A. Football and Basketball is where Mitchell has perennially excelled. Memphis East decided to stay 3A and they were moved to 2A. There are very few schools in 1A that will be able to compete with Mitchell on an annual basis therefore not very challenging for Mitchell. 2A will have more teams that can compete on that level. Main reason is enrollment. Mitchell can stay 1A because they have the right to but if I'm the AD I would want to compete with the Manassas's and East's of the world. BTW is only school that can compete with Mitchell in Basketball in 1A on a consistent basis and nobody can compete with them in Football in that district on a consistent basis. I will say this, if TCA, Middleton or Adamsville were to beat Mitchell it certainly would give us a lot of confidence in getting to Murfreesboro because we know we would have beaten a great team with a great tradition. If you beat Mitchell then you should have confidence you can beat anybody in the state. I'm not attacking Mitchell. I just think they are good enough to stay 2A and give the kids more competition.

TCAINT you all should have moved into the private league. Why compete with schools that must take any child in its borders. You all should want to compte with teams that operates as TCA does. If we defeat TCA we would feel good if we beat a select team.

I disagree that we should have moved into private league. We wanted to stay in D1 because there is more competition. If you win the state in D1A football you are only better than about 22 teams. That doesn't feel like you have accomplished as much. In basketball there are around 120 schools in 1A and about 30 in D2A. Once again, if you win the state in D2 you are not accomplishing as much. Yes, we can select our students but it cost 8k per year to attend and Jackson does not have that many people who can afford those costs. We are very limited on what we get and we can't offer financial aid being D1. My argument goes back to competition. You guys killed everyone in your district in Football. No way that was any fun for your players. Everybody wants to win but you also want to have some competition while winning. Listen, we all know the best basketball in Tennessee comes from Memphis so there is no disrespect for Mitchell's program. I will be shocked if Mitchell doesn't make the regional finals.

Edited by TCAIntense

I disagree that we should have moved into private league. We wanted to stay in D1 because there is more competition. If you win the state in D1A football you are only better than about 22 teams. That doesn't feel like you have accomplished as much. In basketball there are around 120 schools in 1A and about 30 in D2A. Once again, if you win the state in D2 you are not accomplishing as much. Yes, we can select our students but it cost 8k per year to attend and Jackson does not have that many people who can afford those costs. We are very limited on what we get and we can't offer financial aid being D1. My argument goes back to competition. You guys killed everyone in your district in Football. No way that was any fun for your players. Everybody wants to win but you also want to have some competition while winning. Listen, we all know the best basketball in Tennessee comes from Memphis so there is no disrespect for Mitchell's program. I will be shocked if Mitchell doesn't make the regional finals.

I have been quite on this, but this post is just plain hogwash.  Such a nice hypocrite.  You are correct.  It has to do with competition but the reason is you cannot afford to compete in D2.  Just say it.  You cannot offer the financial aid that the other D2 schools can , so you cannot compete with them.  Jackson Christian said it and asked to be moved into D1.

You have no issue playing the D2 schools because you keep scheduling them.  But after looking at your past record, I would stop scheduling them. Your records against D2 teams is not good.  I can see you have better "competition" in 1A; you are "killing" teams by 20-25 pts per game so how much fun is that.  But when it comes to those "weaker" and "less competitive" teams in D2, you have a record of 8-15 record against them since the 2006 football season.  And that is with a 3-1 record in 2013.  So just for conversation sake... that is 5-14 from 2006 - 2012 against USJ, Jackson Christian, Fayette Academy, St Benedict, St George and ECS.   Guess you enjoyed that ride back from Weak-Sister ECS last year after the 56-20 beating....

Make a suggestion to your AD, come to Memphis or go to Nashville or Knoxville and play some of the "weaker" D2 schools before you start spewing "competitive" garbage.