Region 7A Tournament

GCPioneer

1st round:

4 seed 13A McKenzie (11-18)  @ 1 seed 14A Union City (30-0)

3 seed 14A Greenfield (19-9) @ 2 seed 13A Huntingdon (26-3)

3 seed 13A West Carroll (21-5) @ 2 seed 14A Gibson Co. (27-4)

4 seed 14A Lake Co. (15-10) @ 1 seed 13A Dresden (24-5)

Second round and championship will move to South Fulton

Edited by GCPioneer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the info. Don't know a lot about the other district. But I did see Dresden play last year and they were no sloutch. I know West Carrol played them tough and I did see where Greenfield beat them in a close game. So, you would think GC and UC should be in the finals, but you can never tell in these tourney games. GC was ripe for the pickin against Greenfield the other night and survived. I don't know if they survive another performance like that. The substate games will be tough as well with Middleton and JCS involved. I figure the only team that will stop UC is UC. And I did see that last year where they played a little tight and there coaches coached a little tight agains JC. But they are really talented.

Dresden over Lake County

Gibson County over West Carroll

Greenfield over Huntingdon

Union City over McKenzie

Region 7A Semifinals:

Dresden over Gibson County

Greenfield over Union City

Region 7A Championship:

Dresden over Greenfield

I wouldn't be suprised if Dresden beat us, but I would be shocked if Greenfield beat UC,

Gibson over West Carrol

Greenfield over Huntington

UC over Mckenzie

Dresden over Lake.

Gibson over Dresden

UC over greenfield.

Not picking championship yet. Want to see how our lady's respond the next 2 games. I feel like we are at a breaking point. Get frustrated that we can't beat them. Or turn it too a new level. We will see.

It would take a verrry good shooting night for GC to beat UC because GC will not win the battle in the paint..The key for GC is getting turnovers off the press making points out of them and take care of the ball..In the region tourny anything can happen. .The refs seem to get a little crazier in the regional tourny so you better put your big girl shorts on and get ready to play.