Jackson Co vs Clarkrange

bob77

This was the third installment of what I believe will be 5 meetings between these two teams. Jackson County put on a clinic last night on how to defend a much larger team and if there were any doubters as to who the best player in Class A is there is none now. Coe was on a mission draining step back 3's with 2 people all over her all night. Clarkrange has a huge advantage in the post but they have no one that can stop Coe but then again no one in Class A does either and that includes Union City. If Coach Brown gets this kind of effort from here on out then Jackson County will once again win the Gold ball. Now having said that Clarkrange is a very good team and they are very well coached so I'm sure Lamar will try to make adjustments before they meet in the region championship game. Both of these teams will be in Murfreesboro once again and I believe they will play for the championship yet again.

so if they lose, it is because Coach Brown does not get that kind of effort?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the third installment of what I believe will be 5 meetings between these two teams. Jackson County put on a clinic last night on how to defend a much larger team and if there were any doubters as to who the best player in Class A is there is none now. Coe was on a mission draining step back 3's with 2 people all over her all night. Clarkrange has a huge advantage in the post but they have no one that can stop Coe but then again no one in Class A does either and that includes Union City. If Coach Brown gets this kind of effort from here on out then Jackson County will once again win the Gold ball. Now having said that Clarkrange is a very good team and they are very well coached so I'm sure Lamar will try to make adjustments before they meet in the region championship game. Both of these teams will be in Murfreesboro once again and I believe they will play for the championship yet again.

I believe you will eat them words..I could be wrong but I think UC will beat both of y'all in 7a..But..Y'all still the champs til somebody knocks you off..Gibson Co.will have a lot to say about it for sure in the next 8 take 10 years.I've told you..GC will rule that roost.

Union co. and Gibson co are good teams in that area but when they get to state way to many great teams there just look at who won it the last few years 7A.I look to see Clarkrange and jackson co.in the finals of state

So union city and gibson county are "good" teams and jackson co and clarkerange are "great" teams? I will say this. If union city is not a great single a team I have never seen one. And gibson co has dominated everyone they have played except union city and one game against westview which is ranked in AA. These two teams are very good. Union city is great. Biggest and most physical girls team I've ever seen top to bottom. And if you can't get physical and push gibson county around you are going to have a lot to deal with as that is their weakness. They are small.

I also seem to remember that union city beat clarkerange pretty handily last year. And they added their best player to that team. Also gibson co won back to back state champs a few years ago in AA so let's not act like y'all are the Only one that have won anything recently. Middleton will have a lot to say about it all as well. Lethe girls play and let's see how it all plays out.

Seems like I have heard this before somewhere.......

So you expect a team that has been to the state tourney MANY times in AA to drop down to single A and not win anything? Gibson Co has the talent coming up to make the strongest run it ever has. Just get ready. I look forward to matchups with the "best" of single a ball in the 7A teams. Wish we could meet in regular season some.

UCSportsfan, my friend, Gibson Co. will do exactly what Jackson Co. did when they dropped down.... Dominate Single A. We won't be a team that is good for a year or two and fall off, we are in this show for the long haul. We may suffer a couple of losses along the way to bigger schools such as Westview, but be won't lose many Single A games in West Tennessee after this year for awhile. I'm not one to talk up a group if I don't think it's legit. This Gibson group is going to be legit!

GC you I know I would never doubt you my friend. You guys have a great program over there as does Union City and both programs deserve respect as they have earned it. For the west tn fans that watched UC beat Clarkrange believe me when I tell you this will be a totally different team this year. They are much much better and they are my favorite to win it all. Until Union City proves they can consistently hit a shot above the foul line they cannot nor will they beat a team with Jaycee Coe on it. She will outscore their entire team again just like last year. Jackson County does not fear Union City and their 35-0 record. Say what you want but Jackson County is the ONE team Union City does NOT want to face until the finals.