REGION 5 AA.

NeWbLuE

The last time CPA saw Jordan Darden he was dunking on Jalen Lindsey's head. Rewind to November of 2012 if you don't believe that sir. You're absolutely right about Saunders too. He's a great player. Harlan is a "big game" player. He plays his best in big games (i.e. Kenwood).

This really has to stop. So Harlen has an out of body experience when he plays Kenwood. Goes off for 28 points misses one shot the whole game, and now you label him a great player who plays his best in big games? Give me a break. Here's the truth, Harlen has never in his HS school career had another 20+ game. In fact he has more games where he scored 2 points or less then he has in games where he scored double figures. This season he has had around 10 games in the single digits. He averages 12 ppg so far, but in his last 10 game he is averaging 9 ppg, and in his last three 7ppg. And you want us to buy that he is going to go off against CPA and have another 25-30 point night. Really this circus has to stop. This is becoming laughable Edited by lookingFORtalent

CPA will most likely come out of the zone defense some.  They give up the 3 ball from 3 steps beyond the arc. Saunders hits that. They will use their length in the press and athletism in man to man. CC has to score to keep CPA out of transition.  Hopeful for a close one. Pretty sure standing room only for this game.

Edited by TNHSHoopsAnalyst

This really has to stop. So Harlen has an out of body experience when he plays Kenwood. Goes off for 28 points misses one shot the whole game, and now you label him a great player who plays his best in big games? Give me a break. Here's the truth, Harlen has never in his HS school career had another 20+ game. In fact he has more games where he scored 2 points or less then he has in games where he scored double figures. This season he has had around 10 games in the single digits. He averages 12 ppg so far, but in his last 10 game he is averaging 9 ppg, and in his last three 7ppg. And you want us to buy that he is going to go off against CPA and have another 25-30 point night. Really this circus has to stop. This is becoming laughable

Sanders showed up big time for CC in the District championship.   They would have lost if it wasn't for him.  He is a streaky shooter and could have a good game against them.  CC now has a loss  and I think it will help them focus and get away from the circus atmosphere surrounding the undefeated season banter.  I don't like CC but I do respect them and what they are trying to do.  Satisfying seeing a country school giving all these city schools fits.  CPA better be wary because this isn't no ordinary hick team.  Thery have 4 bona fide players.  The only way you can win is to get at least one of their big three in foul trouble and take the momentum with the lead.  That is what nearly cost them game against Harpeth in the District finals and the loss of Darden in the second half of the game against East cost them there.  Don't be fooled, Jake Saunders is the real deal and can score 20+ pts in his sleep.  If he isn't named All-State, then the system is flawed and biased.  I'm calling for an upset in this Sub-state match-up with Cheatham winning by 5 in OT.  Hooah!

This really has to stop. So Harlen has an out of body experience when he plays Kenwood. Goes off for 28 points misses one shot the whole game, and now you label him a great player who plays his best in big games? Give me a break. Here's the truth, Harlen has never in his HS school career had another 20+ game. In fact he has more games where he scored 2 points or less then he has in games where he scored double figures. This season he has had around 10 games in the single digits. He averages 12 ppg so far, but in his last 10 game he is averaging 9 ppg, and in his last three 7ppg. And you want us to buy that he is going to go off against CPA and have another 25-30 point night. Really this circus has to stop. This is becoming laughable

How many times have you seen Harlan play? My guess is only one when he went off and led the destruction of your beloved Knights, yet you want to pick and choose various stats to take shots at him. The facts are that he has played well in most of Cheatham's big games this year. He also knocked down 5 3's in District Championship win, shoots over 40% from 3, and has about a 3-1 assist to turnover ratio-pretty good for a pg. Not to mention that he is one of the best, smartest, and hardest working kids you will ever meet. Talent, you are simply a turd and I will not stoop to your level and try to diminish the abilities and accomplishments of high school kids on an anonymous message board. Nobody said Harlan was the next coming of AI, they said he was a big game player and would come to play on Monday and those are facts. Go Cubs!!

Coacht says this is their first meeting.  Was that a scrimmage?

LBD is referencing a preseason game from last year. Not really relevant in the sense that it was at a playday where you play 3 games a day and Blackwell, Allsmiller, and Richard did not play. Bonds, Lindsey and a bunch of role players played in that game for CPA(though some of those guys could sure shoot!) and Cheatham had a different team then as well. Only way it is relevant is that maybe Cubs gain some belief because they did win that game and yes, Darden did dunk on Lindsey. 

Edited by mumbletypeg

There is no way that Cheatham County loses by 20-25 points. ...

Actually very possible when you look at scores of games and yes in high school basketball this is a telling feature.  CPA has 3 D1 signees and Blackwell is considered at this time a high major, plus another D1 athlete with basketball skill in Richard.  From what I read CC has no players with D1 talent, Saunders is considered a small college prospect.  No one in AA can match up with CPA's superior talent and that wears the other team down over the course of 4 quarters.  Though strange things can happen when it comes to sport, I wouldn't bet the house on it.   

I'm sorry to rain on your precious parade here CC moms and dads, but in my opinion, Saunders shouldn't even be in this equation. Saunders spends more time in in school suspension than he does in class and his GPA is sub-2.0. If I was his coach, he would not be playing for me. Those are facts. When East defeated the Cubs on Thursday night, the Cubs looked like punks. Saunders had his jersey off before he went to the locker room! Even on the message boards the Cubs fans have made every excuse in the book. Whining about Darden getting poked in the eye was my favorite excuse though. He gets himself in foul trouble nearly every game. Therefore, you can't blame him being out of the game on anything other than he was sitting his normal foul trouble time just for a medical reason.

Going back to the televised district championship game, I don't believe Harlan got the credit he deserved. Harlan played his tail off. I completely believe if Harlan didn't play so well that night the underdog would have gotten the win! He should've gotten MVP. The Harpeth squad were obviously not prepared for Harlan to light it up that night. Saunders of course threw up his normal 20+ shots, with nearly 10 points coming from free-throws. I think that's expected from him every night though.

The CPA club will defeat the Cubs on Monday night, unless the planets align and CPA plays their worst game and the Cubs play inspired by a greater power. There is no possible way Darden can match up well with Blackwell. Blackwell is too strong for him and will most likely eat him alive on the boards. And sadly, one of my favorite players, Harlan, won't match up well with Bonds. Bonds is so long and athletic. I hope I am wrong though. Lastly, Douglas is the key to their win. He must grab several boards because Darden will have his hands full. The CC club must play their best game by far. There can't be any flukes if they have any hope of winning Monday night. Maybe Saunders and his fan club won't embarrass Cheatham county too bad if anything goes wrong. Good Luck Cubs.

I'm sorry to rain on your precious parade here CC moms and dads, but in my opinion, Saunders shouldn't even be in this equation. Saunders spends more time in in school suspension than he does in class and his GPA is sub-2.0. If I was his coach, he would not be playing for me. Those are facts. When East defeated the Cubs on Thursday night, the Cubs looked like punks. Saunders had his jersey off before he went to the locker room! Even on the message boards the Cubs fans have made every excuse in the book. Whining about Darden getting poked in the eye was my favorite excuse though. He gets himself in foul trouble nearly every game. Therefore, you can't blame him being out of the game on anything other than he was sitting his normal foul trouble time just for a medical reason.

Going back to the televised district championship game, I don't believe Harlan got the credit he deserved. Harlan played his tail off. I completely believe if Harlan didn't play so well that night the underdog would have gotten the win! He should've gotten MVP. The Harpeth squad were obviously not prepared for Harlan to light it up that night. Saunders of course threw up his normal 20+ shots, with nearly 10 points coming from free-throws. I think that's expected from him every night though.

The CPA club will defeat the Cubs on Monday night, unless the planets align and CPA plays their worst game and the Cubs play inspired by a greater power. There is no possible way Darden can match up well with Blackwell. Blackwell is too strong for him and will most likely eat him alive on the boards. And sadly, one of my favorite players, Harlan, won't match up well with Bonds. Bonds is so long and athletic. I hope I am wrong though. Lastly, Douglas is the key to their win. He must grab several boards because Darden will have his hands full. The CC club must play their best game by far. There can't be any flukes if they have any hope of winning Monday night. Maybe Saunders and his fan club won't embarrass Cheatham county too bad if anything goes wrong. Good Luck Cubs.

Classy first post there. Sounds like Jake must have stolen your girlfriend. You may want to double check on those "facts" of yours. At least you were accurate in your assessment of Wes, but the rest of your post is obviously filled with jealousy, bitterness, lies,  and frustration which most likely stems from the fact that you either play or recently played for a team that never could beat the Cubs. If you are anything more than a child your post would be disturbing at best. Good luck to the War Eagles next year.

Actually very possible when you look at scores of games and yes in high school basketball this is a telling feature.  CPA has 3 D1 signees and Blackwell is considered at this time a high major, plus another D1 athlete with basketball skill in Richard.  From what I read CC has no players with D1 talent, Saunders is considered a small college prospect.  No one in AA can match up with CPA's superior talent and that wears the other team down over the course of 4 quarters.  Though strange things can happen when it comes to sport, I wouldn't bet the house on it.   

I agree with Coach Brooks.  I have watched CPA play many times over the last several years- and I have heard all about the TN teams that were going to knock them off their pedestal- but unfortunately I have yet to witness it- so I hope Cheatham County does it- but I am not betting the house or holding my breath!

How many times have you seen Harlan play? My guess is only one when he went off and led the destruction of your beloved Knights, yet you want to pick and choose various stats to take shots at him. The facts are that he has played well in most of Cheatham's big games this year. He also knocked down 5 3's in District Championship win, shoots over 40% from 3, and has about a 3-1 assist to turnover ratio-pretty good for a pg. Not to mention that he is one of the best, smartest, and hardest working kids you will ever meet. Talent, you are simply a turd and I will not stoop to your level and try to diminish the abilities and accomplishments of high school kids on an anonymous message board. Nobody said Harlan was the next coming of AI, they said he was a big game player and would come to play on Monday and those are facts. Go Cubs!!

I've seen Harlen play about 10 games but I can't remember if the first time was when Kenwood beat Cheatham by 50 and he didn't score or when they beat them by 20+ and he scored 2pts or maybe it was in another loss against Kenwood when he scored 3. But more recently I do remember him playing in the Nashville fall league around Sept-Oct 2013 (the best players in the area play in this league) where he was on the championship team lead by Daniel Norl Jamario Rivers and Matthew Norl of Kenwood. In fact D.Norl was the MVP of the league and Harlen came off the bench most of the games and might have contributed 10 pts the whole season. Bright spot for cheatham was that Saunders received 1st team honors over Jake Allsmiller, Braxton Bonds of CPA who were voted to 2nd team. But Harlen was no where to be found when the stars aligned.

My point is it is just flat out fools gold to think Harlen is somehow going to magically have another 28 point game against CPA or that he plays big time during the big game "(ie. kenwood)" nothing in his past warrants that statement. He may be a great kid, but on the basketball court he is 5-8 and very average. CPA will make it further evident in a few days.

Classy first post there. Sounds like Jake must have stolen your girlfriend. You may want to double check on those "facts" of yours. At least you were accurate in your assessment of Wes, but the rest of your post is obviously filled with jealousy, bitterness, lies, and frustration which most likely stems from the fact that you either play or recently played for a team that never could beat the Cubs. If you are anything more than a child your post would be disturbing at best. Good luck to the War Eagles next year.

You make some brave accusations there. First of all, I haven't played ball since high school. I am merely a spectator with a love for the game. I just enjoy a great game. I feel like the Cheatham fans have been beat down for so long in previous years as soon as they have seen a speck of light with this senior class led by Harlan, they are taking advantage of it by posting and talking their team up to others. This CC team will go down in history... but only to the fans of Cheatham county basketball. Next year the team will be back to normal, Douglas will be the leader and the only factor next year. This team has undoubtedly made a statement, and they have had a great season. But the adults and coaches around Jake Saunders have raised that boy wrong. He could be a phenomenal basketball player but he has been in too much trouble off the court to even have a shot at being anything more than an average JuCo player. The boy has below a C average at a failing public school. He is a risk and colleges don't want a put money into that big of a risk. Saunders is a punk or at least he comes off as one from the stands. When you find out where he's going to school let me know. Has he even gotten any offers?

I think that we all agree that Cheatham is not very deep. They will have to stay out of foul trouble and  deliver one of their best performances of the season to win. With that being said, I saw CPA struggle at home against Spring Hill last year, w/Lindsey, pulling away from them late in the game, so anything is possible. I think the key for CC to pull off the upset is to stay close. In order to do that they will have to hit some key shots,  minimize CPA's runs and take care of the basketball. The leaders on the team will have to stay disciplined and not get caught up in the emotion of the game. Cheatham's coach will have to make key adjustments during the game to help his team. If it happens it will be one heck of a basketball game and one you won't want to miss. I have a lot of mixed emotions about this one and really don't want either of these teams eliminated. I will definitely be in attendance Monday night.

fifamaster, it's best to keep your posts to debating opinions and leave out personal attacks. I have learned from past experiences that you will not gain anyone's respect(if that's something your concerned about) on the board with those comments.