Region 7AA Tournament

GCPioneer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the previous predictions play out and we get a chance to play for the Region title. Don't know much about the other region, outside of McNairy. This time of year, anything can happen. Thanks for the confidence and I hope we are in there against Dyersburg. If we can get there, maybe it'll be our turn to win this time.

Game 1- Dyersburg

Game 2- Westview

Game 3- Dyersburg

Game 4?- ??? if this happens, should be our turn...lol

Go Westview!

I'll take:

Dyersburg over Jackson SS

Chester Co. over South Gibson

McNairy Central over Obion Co.

Westview over Lexington (this should be an awesome game!)

Dyersburg over Chester Co.

Westview over McNairy Central

Dyersburg over Westview

South Gibson and Lexington could make things interesting. South Gibson is playing good ball right now. Right now, I would be suprised to see Chester County beat them.

Dyersburg defeats Jackson SS 63-45

Chester Co. defeats South Gibson 44-37

McNairy Central defeats Obion Co. 58-36

Westview defeats Lexington 69-52

Dyersburg v. Chester Co.

McNairy Central v. Westview

Chester County ought to thank the refs for the early Christmas present tonight. South Gibson was up 5 with about 5 minutes left in the game when the refs took control. South Gibson led by as many as 8 and led the whole game until the 5 minute mark. 14 fouls to 5 in the 2nd half. A total joke. They called touch fouls on Chester County's end and South Gibson was getting knocked to the floor and no calls. Sad when officials have to step in and carry their team through. The refs rattled a young SG team, but they won't rattle Dyersburg. Dyersburg will beat this team by 30. Like I said last week, if South Gibson had Gibson County's coach, they would make serious noise the next two years. South Gibson has a dominant sophomore center, a dominant all round player and freshman in Kristen King, and some really good freshman and sophomore guards and forwards plus 3 or 4 stud freshman coming up next year. They have tons of talent but has a coach that is there for the paycheck. Could care less about working his girls in the summer time and teaching the basic fundamntals of how to play basketball. GC if they hadn't split these schools up like they did 5 years ago, GC would be the Riverdale of AA. Gibson County (the Medinas, Yorkville's, Rutherford's Dyer's) is unbelievably loaded with girls basketball talent.

Well, I do know Gibson Co. is definitely loaded for a long time. South Gibson will be an above average AA team but they will have a tough tak every year of getting to state in AA. Their best bet is to bring in more students and jump to AAA.

I thought the same thing until I watched them three or four times late this year. I would love to see what McMillan or Russell would do with them the next two years. They have better than above average talent. They have very good talent. They just have an average to below average coach. They lose nobody for the next two years and Dyersburg and Westview will. Obion can't beat them now. The next two years on talent alone they will be a good AA team. As for going to AAA, that is my worse fear because my neice is a 6th grade player now and I don't want to travel to Memphis to watch her play in the future. Did u not make the West Carrol game either?

I thought the same thing until I watched them three or four times late this year. I would love to see what McMillan or Russell would do with them the next two years. They have better than above average talent. They have very good talent. They just have an average to below average coach. They lose nobody for the next two years and Dyersburg and Westview will. Obion can't beat them now. The next two years on talent alone they will be a good AA team. As for going to AAA, that is my worse fear because my neice is a 6th grade player now and I don't want to travel to Memphis to watch her play in the future. Did u not make the West Carrol game either?

I haven't watched many of S Gibson's games, but they gave us a game on their home court at the end of the season. I don't know enough about their coach to say anything about him. S Gibson will be a contender the next 3 years. Westview only has 5 upper classmen (3 seniors and 2 juniors). The seniors are: (Leyhue twins, Bryant). We had two good players that transferred in at Christmas. 1 is playing (junior-dominant post) and 1 has to sit out (freshman-shooter). We also have the leading scorer (Junior-Rechis) returning next year with some giant 8 graders coming up. We will be better at the end of the season next year, then at the beginning but we will have to go through some growing pains. Double AA should be strong over the next 4-5 years North of I40.