D! vs D! enough said

TD2

Get your purple panties out of a wad and read the thread again. You've obviously taken offense and what I posted in reply out of context.

The original post I responded to stated that your boy would beat anyone in the state. He lost to Hamilton twice this season so I disagree with that statement. That's all I meant by my post.

I did not mean to suggest that he could not beat anyone in the state and I can see how it could have been interpreted that way because of the word usage. If you read the post I quoted and responded to then any logical reader should be able to see that.

I wasn't name calling or attacking your kid at all, just disagreeing with the statement that he can beat anyone in the state because he had 2 chances to beat Hamilton and couldn't. No ifs and buts and common opponent results, all that means squat when they've faced each other twice in the same season. Don't matter if it was 1 point wins both times or pins both times, a wins a win. In this case 2 wins. The rest is just excuses. Doesn't take an expert to figure this out.

You didn't seem to have an issue when someone talked him up to being the best in the state without any supporting evidence so don't whine when someone else provides evidence to suggest otherwise. I'm surprised a seasoned wrestler like yourself is so thin-skinned, especially on a TN wrestling forum.

I don't feel the need to sign off since my name is and has always been my screen name Mr Seahawk or "whoever you are". Have a nice day.

Get your purple panties out of a wad and read the thread again. You've obviously taken offense and what I posted in reply out of context.

The original post I responded to stated that your boy would beat anyone in the state. He lost to Hamilton twice this season so I disagree with that statement. That's all I meant by my post.

I did not mean to suggest that he could not beat anyone in the state and I can see how it could have been interpreted that way because of the word usage. If you read the post I quoted and responded to then any logical reader should be able to see that.

I wasn't name calling or attacking your kid at all, just disagreeing with the statement that he can beat anyone in the state because he had 2 chances to beat Hamilton and couldn't. No ifs and buts and common opponent results, all that means squat when they've faced each other twice in the same season. Don't matter if it was 1 point wins both times or pins both times, a wins a win. In this case 2 wins. The rest is just excuses. Doesn't take an expert to figure this out.

You didn't seem to have an issue when someone talked him up to being the best in the state without any supporting evidence so don't whine when someone else provides evidence to suggest otherwise. I'm surprised a seasoned wrestler like yourself is so thin-skinned, especially on a TN wrestling forum.

I don't feel the need to sign off since my name is and has always been my screen name Mr Seahawk or "whoever you are". Have a nice day.

BAM! Mr West, again the comeback King!

We both seemed to be a little thin skinned Mr. Comback :) it's like I'm listening to my kids Tn long horn...."ooh you got him".    Your right Mr. West (first name?) your wording was interpreted like you worded it.  Sorry if I interpreted wrong.  I'm good on all this.  We can biasly agree to disagree all day long.  I do think it's pretty simplistic in my own wresting experience to say a kid that meets in dec is the same kid at a different weight class 2 months later and that he would for sure win or lose again. predicting on something that can't be predicted on wrestlers that are so close.   that's like saying Father Ryan is the same team in Dec as they are in February.  I think there is validity to the stats at 170.  Again, agree to disagree.  If you are going to say something as fact then expect push back.  That seems to be the nature of these threads. By the way you can call me Tommy.  I like it to stay informal. And if you were ever curious as to who I was at any time you could have looked  at my profile and found my full name.  It's not hidden.  4 more boys to go so I'll be around for while. I'm sure we may talk again.  Who knows.... the next topic we might be on the same side of the coin.

-113-Murphy v Novarrro-  Murphy wins.  King (106) of FR beat Novarro. Murphy is better than King;

-138- Connell -Russo-  Connell wins;

-152- Sutherland over Warren;

-160-  Popp (One of the best in TN P4P) over Dooley;

-182- Parker v Soloman is a toss up. Leaning toward Soloman. 

Connell beat Russo twice this year  b.b.b.

We both seemed to be a little thin skinned Mr. Comback :) it's like I'm listening to my kids Tn long horn...."ooh you got him".    Your right Mr. West (first name?) your wording was interpreted like you worded it.  Sorry if I interpreted wrong.  I'm good on all this.  We can biasly agree to disagree all day long.  I do think it's pretty simplistic in my own wresting experience to say a kid that meets in dec is the same kid at a different weight class 2 months later and that he would for sure win or lose again. predicting on something that can't be predicted on wrestlers that are so close.   that's like saying Father Ryan is the same team in Dec as they are in February.  I think there is validity to the stats at 170.  Again, agree to disagree.  If you are going to say something as fact then expect push back.  That seems to be the nature of these threads. By the way you can call me Tommy.  I like it to stay informal. And if you were ever curious as to who I was at any time you could have looked  at my profile and found my full name.  It's not hidden.  4 more boys to go so I'll be around for while. I'm sure we may talk again.  Who knows.... the next topic we might be on the same side of the coin.

My first name can also be found on my profile if you'd like to follow your own advice and take a look. Funny you say that to me but you were the first to ask who I was.

Here we go with the December vs February excuse again (made famous by FR), implying that even if Hamilton beat him twice in December he couldn't in February because he did not improve through the course of the season like your boy did? The different weight class excuse is irrelevant since they both were at a higher weight and then they both dropped a weight class. I think I heard that Hamlton would/could/should have majored him in Dec but he had an ingrown toenail.

I'm flattered that you consider my posts fact instead of opinion. Of course I do try to base my opinions on supporting evidence instead of biased wishful thinking.

Yes, we agree to disagree, I do not think he can beat 'everyone' in the state at his weight class (re-worded). Two losses to D1 runner-up, odds are in favor of both the D1 finalists. One loss and I might consider it.

No harm intended with all of this, just disagreeing with a post because of results. Don't get bent out of shape about it, nothing personal at all. Its easy to misinterpret tone and intent in text. If we had state champs instead of division champs then none of this would ever be discussed. Congrats on a fine season, your boy is def one of the top 3 in the state at 170.

My first name can also be found on my profile if you'd like to follow your own advice and take a look. Funny you say that to me but you were the first to ask who I was.

Here we go with the December vs February excuse again (made famous by FR), implying that even if Hamilton beat him twice in December he couldn't in February because he did not improve through the course of the season like your boy did? The different weight class excuse is irrelevant since they both were at a higher weight and then they both dropped a weight class. I think I heard that Hamlton would/could/should have majored him in Dec but he had an ingrown toenail.

I'm flattered that you consider my posts fact instead of opinion. Of course I do try to base my opinions on supporting evidence instead of biased wishful thinking.

Yes, we agree to disagree, I do not think he can beat 'everyone' in the state at his weight class (re-worded). Two losses to D1 runner-up, odds are in favor of both the D1 finalists. One loss and I might consider it.

No harm intended with all of this, just disagreeing with a post because of results. Don't get bent out of shape about it, nothing personal at all. Its easy to misinterpret tone and intent in text. If we had state champs instead of division champs then none of this would ever be discussed. Congrats on a fine season, your boy is def one of the top 3 in the state at 170.

:)