D! vs D! enough said

TD2

All of you guys putting D1 on a pedastal are very wrong. Yes D1's bracket is tough but there are some very good wrestlers all the way through. It is harder to place in d1 because of the depth but saying that d1 is THAT much better is sooooo pushing it. Going through the weights. 106 King is simply the best. 113. Navvaro beating murphy? Try again. 120 Oliver wins. 126. debian. 132. Ok honestly....Daniel Wesley (FRHS backup) was winning against austin richards 3-1 before he got stuck in the third period. Wesnofske is much more physical and athletic and Richards which is why I give it to Wesnofske. HATERS gonna Hate!!! 138. CONNELL. 145. Hamilton DEFINITELY does not pin Davis. 152. Sutherland would win. 160. I'm going to say popp. He is BEAST. I dont care what people say he is big, strong, fast, stays on you ect ect. Father ryans naughton had a close match with kligensmith, so saying that "Popp is not even on kligensmiths level," is simply ridiculous. 170. I give it to kennedy, though Hagey is known for big upsets (check last years semi finals.) 182....Ok. Parker is just plain beast, so is Solomon. Solomon holds great position and is very fluid, but I'm giving it to Parker, strictly based on his ability to take people down. the rest of the weights go to D1. DII has very skilled wrestlers most coming from Baylor, Father Ryan, McCallie, Christian Bros, and MBA. Those are going to be your top five, most of whom have the ability to place at DI. Last thing. Saying that Popp would not even be top 6 at DI and that the top 3 from DII, heck even the top 5 from DII would not even qualify for DI is just an absurd thing to say. People need to look at the strength of the schedules that the teams and placers from both divisions have, and if they win there, and then we can judge who is better. Peace and Blessings.

Edited by Cashville135

Parker actually only beat Raulston 3-2 on a last minute questionable take down.. I'd say Chad wins this one by decision possibly a major. It'd sure be interesting to watch..

first match of the year for parker. had been playing football. Chad was wrestling all summer. I'm just saying. And you really cant base potential match ups on past matches. Maybe for that match raulston was really hyped up, or maybe parker was nervous. It happens all the time. I watched a kid get tech'd by parker then lost to hoodenpyle in a TOUGH match the next week by 1. You never know how things can end up. My $0.02.

Just a few observations over the last several years between D1 & D2.

1. D1 has more depth due to numbers

2. The top 2 or 3 guys in each division are good but due to numbers D2 drops off faster than D1

3. The top D2 schools have traveled out of state the last several years (Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Minnesota, etc...)which makes the D2 strength of schedule much more difficult

4. More d1 wrestlers are one sport athletes than D2, especially in the upper weights. I attribute this to the D2 schools having a smaller enrollment and the best wrestlers are being encouraged to be multi sport athletes.

5. With more D2 wrestlers being multi sport athletes (Football, LAX, Cross Country, White Water Paddling, etc...) it takes them until after Christmas to get their timing down and get into wrestling condition.

6. More D2 wrestlers participate in wrestling at the college level than do the D1 wrestlers. I don't know if this is due to exposure, finances, academics, standardized test scores or a combination of all the above but it happens most every year. This year alone it is my understanding that Adam Connell will be attending the Naval Academy Prep School for one year before moving on to the Naval Academy. Michael Eckhart has been offered the opportunity to attend and wrestle for American University. John Hagey has been talking to the Air Force Academy and will make a decision soon as to what he will do for college.

first match of the year for parker. had been playing football. Chad was wrestling all summer. I'm just saying. And you really cant base potential match ups on past matches. Maybe for that match raulston was really hyped up, or maybe parker was nervous. It happens all the time. I watched a kid get tech'd by parker then lost to hoodenpyle in a TOUGH match the next week by 1. You never know how things can end up. My $0.02.

All 3 are good kids. Good wrestlers. It all has to do with how they match up together.

All of you guys putting D1 on a pedastal are very wrong. Yes D1's bracket is tough but there are some very good wrestlers all the way through. It is harder to place in d1 because of the depth but saying that d1 is THAT much better is sooooo pushing it. Going through the weights. 106 King is simply the best. 113. Navvaro beating murphy? Try again. 120 Oliver wins. 126. debian. 132. Ok honestly....Daniel Wesley (FRHS backup) was winning against austin richards 3-1 before he got stuck in the third period. Wesnofske is much more physical and athletic and Richards which is why I give it to Wesnofske. HATERS gonna Hate!!! 138. CONNELL. 145. Hamilton DEFINITELY does not pin Davis. 152. Sutherland would win. 160. I'm going to say popp. He is BEAST. I dont care what people say he is big, strong, fast, stays on you ect ect. Father ryans naughton had a close match with kligensmith, so saying that "Popp is not even on kligensmiths level," is simply ridiculous. 170. I give it to kennedy, though Hagey is known for big upsets (check last years semi finals.) 182....Ok. Parker is just plain beast, so is Solomon. Solomon holds great position and is very fluid, but I'm giving it to Parker, strictly based on his ability to take people down. the rest of the weights go to D1. DII has very skilled wrestlers most coming from Baylor, Father Ryan, McCallie, Christian Bros, and MBA. Those are going to be your top five, most of whom have the ability to place at DI. Last thing. Saying that Popp would not even be top 6 at DI and that the top 3 from DII, heck even the top 5 from DII would not even qualify for DI is just an absurd thing to say. People need to look at the strength of the schedules that the teams and placers from both divisions have, and if they win there, and then we can judge who is better. Peace and Blessings.

Richard beat wesnofske at the father ryan tournament 10-3.

170 Hagey cannot beat anyone in TN obviously because D1 runner-up Hamilton has TWO wins this season over him and Kennedy had a very close win over Hamilton in the state finals. The top 2 D1 would probably both beat Hagey. Plus, Seagraves (Baylor 170) never wrestled Hamilton so he couldn't have destroyed him as you suggested.

D1 wins 170 and up, 8 matches total with 4 pins.

I try to stay out of all the guess work, name calling, wearing out kids about how good or not good we think they are and  all the expert opinions since everyone "has one".. is one.... and those people have "opinions" too! Lots of bias and ignorance on a topic no one knows the answers to....... This is wrestling and anything can happen especially when you are talking about the top tear of wrestlers.  With that said, and I try not to push back on silly matters like this but Mr. west 40, who ever you are if you want to call out John Hagey and be so sure he can't beat anyone in TN you should tell the entire story.  Early in the season Hamilton beat  him at Cleveland when they were wrestling 182- score 2-1 on a controversial call and yes He beat him again the next day when they met again.  He won in overtime.  Far cry from a dominant opponent.  Hence at 170 where the meat of the season happened your boy Hamelton squeaked by Alan D’Alessandro 1-0 in the state tournament .  John at 170 handled him pretty well with a 10-5 win.  Hamelton beat Rippy 3-0 at 170.  John  was beating him by at least 5 when Rippy injury defaulted to him. Play the "what if " game with that. At 170 1 kid beat him in TN and John came back and beat him twice when it counted.  He won every tournament Ryan was in but Father Ryan wrestles such a weak schedule that's probably why he won them.  I 'm not as smart as you so I don't know who would win what match until they wrestle and I'm not sure how you do but you obviously do.  I would just say I wouldn't bet against John Hagey.  But I'm admitting I'm biased.  Walthall match in the semi finals last year is a great example of you never know.  I guess you would have lost that bet.  I think it is disappointing when discussions become so biased and one sided and ignorant. I'm a little disappointed in myself for getting sucked into this one.  I'm not really a believer in throwing down a gauntlet and mine is just an opinion not a statement like  Mr. Cleveland West. 

By the way Parker beats div 1 state champ. he will be a 4 timer. great kid, great wrestler in my opinion :)

admittedly and biasly yours 

Tommy Hagey

Wrestler for the IRISH 1980-1983

If you need to know anything else about  me please ask.