Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

I've been hearing a little about a east TN coach but no concrete news. I've googled the guy and if they pass chad up for him I'll become a McKenzie Rebel fan next year! lol

Where is he from? I talked to my friend just a few minutes ago and he didn't mention any change to what he had already told me EXCEPT that they seem in no hurry to make the call. I asked why not and he said that the "powers" are intent to do this on their own timeline and weren't concerned with what anyone thought about it. He reiterated that the decision had been made but the announcement may not be as quick as he once thought. I asked him if the job had been offered to someone and his response was "I really don't think so".

I think the powers that be are not worried about Dresden football.  No head coach in place means these young men are not working out and have no guidance and even though some may be dedicated they are still young and will not work unless they are made to.  Take your time "powers" and keep letting our program slip back into mediocrity.

I hate it for you guys but lionsupport is right.  Your administration has wasted way too much time.  Its going to hurt you guys this spring and summer.  If you get the "right" coach in there he will definitely get it back on track by August.  I hope this extra "dead period" doesnt cause you guys to slip from 2nd in our district to 3rd or worse.  Let's face it...your team is getting out worked by every team in our district right now...especially the Mustangs B)  

I hate it for you guys but lionsupport is right.  Your administration has wasted way too much time.  Its going to hurt you guys this spring and summer.  If you get the "right" coach in there he will definitely get it back on track by August.  I hope this extra "dead period" doesnt cause you guys to slip from 2nd in our district to 3rd or worse.  Let's face it...your team is getting out worked by every team in our district right now...especially the Mustangs B)  

You are absolutely correct, the school system is killing our team. Name I'm hearing is a ex Powell head coach and was at Knox-Webb as a assistant. Google it. From what I'm reading we wont have to worry about the football boys passing EOC test. lol

Dang cheating east TN schools!!!!! Hosers 

You talking about Rang?  He has been a coach on 5 different teams in like 8 years.  He wouldn't stay more than 3 years.  Why would a guy leave Knoxville to come to Dresden?  Sounds fishy if he was even the least bit interested.  Let alone his cheating on the EOC tests.  Sounds like a high risk on the Dresden Administration's part. 

You talking about Rang? He has been a coach on 5 different teams in like 8 years. He wouldn't stay more than 3 years. Why would a guy leave Knoxville to come to Dresden? Sounds fishy if he was even the least bit interested. Let alone his cheating on the EOC tests. Sounds like a high risk on the Dresden Administration's part.

That's the name I'm hearing and Im completely dumbfounded! Why would you take a risk on a guy caught cheating on academic standards but not a guy with a squeaky clean teaching record but a tendcy to tell Huntingdon they are number 1. Plus their is no way in hades west TN coaches get paid what he would be accustomed to. On a side note Chucky is a east TN guy himself.

Maybe he learned from his mistakes.....and now will come teach weakleys teachers ....how to cheat better. Lol. I need a burrito with an ice cream chaser. Butchie!!!!

He played for GQ at Maryville...played d3 in college. Tough players. Not sure the community will accept him. He is a good one and I wouldn't say so unless he was.

Maybe he learned from his mistakes.....and now will come teach weakleys teachers ....how to cheat better. Lol. I need a burrito with an ice cream chaser. Butchie!!!!

Dang, I went to Nashvegas with him today to pick up the new ice crèam flavor that he invented and now he's not gonna be the new coach???? Guess we ain't even gonna work on a roach recipe now. Now we got to keep the new ice cream in a freezer until the "powers" makes the call so we can decide to keep it or take it back. Heard there was a school in MS that wanted it if this doesn't work out!!

Edited by duckman38201

It won't be the hodge supporters you have to worry about. It's the others that are squeaky wheels no matter what. Hodge supporters are football people.

The true football fans will truly support the program no matter what. Like you said, the jaw jacking Saturday morning QB's will be the thorn. Along with the politician types.