8AA

Onthedirt

Left fielder and second baseman(also a pitcher) as well. I think we will come in first but this season will be a test of endurance for Caplinger. She had three possible backups last season and that luxury is gone. Her back up is a freshman, and I'm not sure if there's another pitcher on the team at all after that.

Bright side is that the freshman is the younger sister of Ashley Redmon, one of the best pitchers in the history of the program.

Edited by dctiger

I did not realize DekAlb lost that many. I think the district will be stronger as a whole. LA will have strong pitching to pull from and a lot more experience. The advantage of not having any seniors last year.

Yup yup, from top to bottom the district should be pretty competitive. DC will most likely be the best team, but our pitching could hurt us. Like dctiger said, we're lacking pitching, no proven pitching outside of one player.

I agree Repoman it all starts with pitching. She is a great pitcher. However, I don't think she will be the only standout this season. We will see. A lot of hardwork and many travel games have been played with a lot of experience gained since last school season. I am excited for it all to get started.