Riverdale Blackman Round 3

Baseballforlife12

Congratulations and hats off to a great Blackman team tonite with their win over Riverdale 82-66.  Blackman capitalized off turnovers in the third quarter and blew the game open.  The first half was anyone's game.  Blackman held the lead at 31-33 at half.  It was a really fun game to watch in front of a packed crowd.  Over 2,100 people packed the gym, and they say 300-500 people were turned away at the door.  Good luck as Blackman advances!  Blackman deserves their #1 ranking in USA Today and unapproved website....they are that good.

Edited by WarriorFan

Wow what a great game both teams played their hearts out and Riverdale had an awesome run and those players will do great at the next level and I can't wait to watch them they should feel very proud of their journey from past to present, Congratulations to Blackman who is playing great basketball and goodluck going after that gold ball. I also want to say how much I enjoyed the Oakland and Smyrna game they both have bright future's ahead with all the young talent so to all the teams I say way to represent Rutherford County.

• Upvote 1

Now that is true. I doubt they even have a close game the rest of the way.

The score doesnt show it, but Oakland stayed with Blackman until that one big run by the Blaze. Oakland shot the ball very well last night against Smyrna. If they can shoot it for a high percentage again, they have a chance.

Keys to beating Blackman: Pound the ball inside (especially when your Oakland and have a dominant 6-2 C), have multiple guards that can handle the ball, control dribble penetration/ Blackman's transition game. There is maybe 3-4 teams left (Oakland is one of them) that has the personnel to make a game of it with Blackman

It sounds really simple on paper until you get on the court and face the speed and long arms of those guards the first game was the closest Oakland played the 2nd two have been by more than 20 that's because Blackman has a strong post also although undersized and the 6'3 post is so long but just doesn't have the strength of the other two and thats what makes it tough IMO for Oakland who does have a great team but it's the region finals so we know anything is possible.