private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

Just good to know that ALL public school kids are starving according to old eagle and Publics are the only ones with problems...awesome its amazing that they can even graduate and have productive lives being such miserable wretches :mrgreen:

Private Schools 4 Life  :thumb:

Edited by reaction

naw too tired of poor people...always complaining.... i love just whallowing around in all this money I have now!!...Millions I say Millions I have now and it was just because I am associated with a private school...its awesome...dont have to work no more...the money just keeps coming in by the truck loads :rolleyes:

You refuse to acknowledge the points im trying to make that you know are FACT for your simple pleasure trying to make me look like a dumb whiner. You know no private school deals with the same types of problems that most public schools do. Not all public school kids are starving , but 90 % of them eat free or reduced lunch at school. Which means abouy 70% have very little to 0 income and 20% lie about theres because their parents actually have just enough not to qualify. 5% tell the truth and dont qualify and maybe 5% make enough to send their kids to private school. Wether you want to believe it or not $$ is an issue that public schools deal with that private schools rarely have to deal with. Wether you want yo believe it or not that affects the whole school including sports. If a kids parents income is low enough to qualify for free lunch( combined income less than 30 grand) are they gettin in your school? Keep bashin me and callin me a lazy whiner and ill keep telling the truth. I am perfectly happy with my kids in public school , fighting with these issues every day. I didnt run off to private school cause I thought me or my kids.were better than the rest of my community. I didnt decide to pay for my kid to go to school when they could go for free then complain cause I still had to pay school taxes. If people think their kids are to good for public schools and all the problems we have then their kids are to good to play sports with us too. If there wasnt problems at public schools that we deal with every day because you fixed em all there wouldnt be any private schools.

You refuse to acknowledge the points im trying to make that you know are FACT for your simple pleasure trying to make me look like a dumb whiner. You know no private school deals with the same types of problems that most public schools do. Not all public school kids are starving , but 90 % of them eat free or reduced lunch at school. Which means abouy 70% have very little to 0 income and 20% lie about theres because their parents actually have just enough not to qualify. 5% tell the truth and dont qualify and maybe 5% make enough to send their kids to private school. Wether you want to believe it or not $$ is an issue that public schools deal with that private schools rarely have to deal with. Wether you want yo believe it or not that affects the whole school including sports. If a kids parents income is low enough to qualify for free lunch( combined income less than 30 grand) are they gettin in your school? Keep bashin me and callin me a lazy whiner and ill keep telling the truth. I am perfectly happy with my kids in public school , fighting with these issues every day. I didnt run off to private school cause I thought me or my kids.were better than the rest of my community. I didnt decide to pay for my kid to go to school when they could go for free then complain cause I still had to pay school taxes. If people think their kids are to good for public schools and all the problems we have then their kids are to good to play sports with us too. If there wasnt problems at public schools that we deal with every day because you fixed em all there wouldnt be any private schools.

Dude you need help!! By the way your 90% is high:

The number of students in Tennessee who receive free or reduced lunches in public schools continues to rise.

Statewide, 62% of all students are included in the program, an increase of 3% from last year.

"Probably our bigger problem is under-employment instead of unemployment," said Tullahoma City Schools Director Dr. Dan Lawson. "By saying that, I'm saying we have a lot of people working as hard as they've ever worked but they are now within that free or reduced lunch criteria."

Part of the criteria looks at the total household income.

For a family of four, if the household income is less than $40,793, children in public schools receive discounted prices on their lunches.  In Tullahoma, the regular priced $2 lunch costs 40-cents.

I didnt run off to private school cause I thought me or my kids.were better than the rest of my community. I didnt decide to pay for my kid to go to school when they could go for free then complain cause I still had to pay school taxes. If people think their kids are to good for public schools and all the problems we have then their kids are to good to play sports with us too. If there wasnt problems at public schools that we deal with every day because you fixed em all there wouldnt be any private schools.

We took our youngest to private school for the Christian Education and that was it period!!

Dude you need help!! By the way your 90% is high:

The number of students in Tennessee who receive free or reduced lunches in public schools continues to rise.

Statewide, 62% of all students are included in the program, an increase of 3% from last year.

"Probably our bigger problem is under-employment instead of unemployment," said Tullahoma City Schools Director Dr. Dan Lawson. "By saying that, I'm saying we have a lot of people working as hard as they've ever worked but they are now within that free or reduced lunch criteria."

Part of the criteria looks at the total household income.

For a family of four, if the household income is less than $40,793, children in public schools receive discounted prices on their lunches. In Tullahoma, the regular priced $2 lunch costs 40-cents.

look up those numbers for a rural county. Greene , Cocke ,.Hancock , jefferson county. See if more than 10% of the people there pay full price for school lunch for their kids. You have spent to much time in Chattanooga. Rural counties and knoxville chattanooga and nashville are comparing apples and oranges. Then Memphis is entirely different from all of us.

All this lunch talk so early makes me :hungry:

Kidding aside, kids on reduced or free lunches too often are on such programs due to good-for-nothing parents.....Sorry, but true! Look at them as they show up in their pj's to drop off their kids...Wearing the same pj's when they pick em up!

We can thank our govt for this declining attitude amongst adults...ONLY thing we can do now, is our best to improve these kid's lives and help them to be productive adults...Running from the problem is never the answer

All this lunch talk so early makes me :hungry:

Kidding aside, kids on reduced or free lunches too often are on such programs due to good-for-nothing parents.....Sorry, but true! Look at them as they show up in their pj's to drop off their kids...Wearing the same pj's when they pick em up!

We can thank our govt for this declining attitude amongst adults...ONLY thing we can do now, is our best to improve these kid's lives and help them to be productive adults...Running from the problem is never the answer

I agree. Im not sayin im proud of it. Its just a fact of life that we deal with on a daily basis that they dont. With a world full of liberal sympathizers who want everytging handed to anyone not willing to work for it thats what were going to be dealing with for a long time. Those of us that do work are supporting the masses. All we can do is try to teach the youth better. Or run off to private school and pretend it doesnt exist.

I agree. Im not sayin im proud of it. Its just a fact of life that we deal with on a daily basis that they dont. With a world full of liberal sympathizers who want everytging handed to anyone not willing to work for it thats what were going to be dealing with for a long time. Those of us that do work are supporting the masses. All we can do is try to teach the youth better. Or run off to private school and pretend it doesnt exist.

Hopefully the system will begin to change if we get new leadership and rid ourselves of these Liberals....I feel these kids deserve our best shot

look up those numbers for a rural county. Greene , Cocke ,.Hancock , jefferson county. See if more than 10% of the people there pay full price for school lunch for their kids. You have spent to much time in Chattanooga. Rural counties and knoxville chattanooga and nashville are comparing apples and oranges. Then Memphis is entirely different from all of us.

as this shows the numbers are not that different in the counties you are talking about except for Cocke County...again the facts always get in your way and you my sir need help with your life because you seem to be very miserable!!

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/Map/2979-free-reduced-price-school-lunch-program?loc=44&loct=2#5/any/true/867/any/10109

as this shows the numbers are not that different in the counties you are talking about except for Cocke County...again the facts always get in your way and you my sir need help with your life because you seem to be very miserable!!

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/Map/2979-free-reduced-price-school-lunch-program?loc=44&loct=2#5/any/true/867/any/10109

Im not miserable at all I just refuse to ignore reality. You honestly believe that private schools deal with the same problems as public schools. And that the only reason a public school would be worse is because we dont work hard enough to solve.our problems. Im tellin you people in low income rural areas HAVE to work as hard or harder just to keep their jobs. I can understand you not wanting your school lumped into the same category as the big privates and I definately understand you not wanting lumped into the same category as the small ones who make it their mission to domimate small school sports. Honestly I really do. From what I can tell on here and from what ive heard and what you say your school is different than lots of other privates. What Im saying is you still dont deal with the same day to day problems we do. Again Im sure you have your problems... they are not the same. If we have 30 kids on a team thats thirty mouths to feed before a ballgame. Trust me mrs. Obama only lets em have 4 nuggets and some apple sauce with skim milk for lunch. Even if they are an in shape 6'5" 280 pound athlete. They need to eat. Out of those thirty 10 will get their best meal of the week when WE feed it to em. Now we may have 5 sets.of parents and some coaches payin for that all season. Try to fund raise in a county as poor as ours. Its not fun or easy and it never stops. I buy something from every club and sport at the school almost weekly. I honestly cant afford that and i would guess im better of financially than 75%.of the county. I have had this argument before with other private school people. I know you all dont drive cadillacs and wipe with twenty dollar bills. But dont sit there and tell me your school problems and mine are one in the same. It all comes back to $$. Money to have better facilities and equipment. Money to hire better coaches. Money to send your kids to all the camps they can stand all summer. MOST private schools have that. MOST small publics dont. Now try to tell me im wrong and convince me that doesnt make a difference.

Oldeagle's points are spot on....He has the right to be heard for he has worked his butt off in a program that many would have washed their hands of long ago...And he's also correct, (as Pujo and I have said) there is much diff between BB and A LOT of other privates.

We happen to like ya ole boys...Dont know if that's a bad thing for sky and reaction or not :roflolk:

Edited by uknoit2