private vs public tssaa needs to seperate

lynard

Just a few observations from an old man that has been around more years than he cares to remember.

1. Years ago the public schools and private schools got along and played well together.

2. The major problems started when the TSSAA forced the financial aid giving schools into D2. That allowed the D2 schools to go and get as many good athletes as they wanted with no quota.

3. No Child Left Behind has been a disaster for the public school system and many parents said no more and placed their children in private schools.

4. Both public & private schools have problems but they are very different problems. Everyone feels that the problems they have are more severe than the school next door.

5. The TSSAA will vote to place all private schools in D2.

6. It may not happen immediately but the private schools will leave the TSSAA and form their own association. This will open the flood gates and the private schools will declare open season on the best public school educators, athletes & coaches.

7. The public schools that are more than one hour from a major city will not see the private schools targeting their student/athletes. As the major cities continue to grow and push into the outlying area the rual schools will start to feel the pinch.

8. It will truly be a sad day when public & private school children will no longer participate against each other on the athletic field.

9. As a former public school athlete that participated in both individual and team sports I can proudly say that I never lost to a private school student/athlete. The coaches that I had in a public school high school were a mixed bag. Some were good and some should have stayed at home. High school athletics should be first and foremost about learning life lessons such as working as a team, establishing goals, work ethic and getting up when you are faced with adversity. As a young man I learned what not to do from the lazy and bad coaches and I learned both discipline and work ethic from the good coaches.

10. Three (3) different private schools in the area (we are talking over 35 years ago) offered me the opportunity to workout and train at their schools during the offseason. Those acts of kindness for a redneck public school kid from the wrong side of the tracks by 3 outstanding prep schools instilled a desire in me to always have an open door policy with all kids when I am coaching. If kids from across town have better athletes than the kids I coach my kids will benefit from working out with the other kids. We all learn when we compete against each other.

1. Not sure about that

2. BA was beating the largest and best public schools in the state with a very small enrollment. No way to do that unless you were an atheletic magnet.

3. No chold left behind is stupid but its just one of several reasons that parents put their kids in private schools

4. Public schools have alot more problems.

5 Hope you are right

6. Don't let the door him um in the rearend

7. Not a problem for most small rural publics

8. I'm sure the TSSAA will aloow them to compete if they choose to,but then again this wouldn't effect most small rurar schools.

9.Whatever

10.Same as 9

• Upvote 1

Private school kids have to worry about if their sweater vest matches their designer jeans.

Public school kids have to worry about if they have clothes to wear.

Private school kids have to worry about being made fun of for riding to school in a car thats over 2 years old.

Public school kids worry about getting up at 6 am to ride a bus for 2 hours.

Private school kids have to eat a cold subway sandwich for lunch.

Public school kids have to eat whatever comes outta the school cafeteria.

I could go on forever. I dont know this CBG guy but he is completely living in dreamland if he thinks the problems these two societes deal with are anywhere near comparable. Also Im sure 35 years ago he was able to ALWAYS beat the private schools. They had an entirely different mission back then.

Plus 1

Just good to know that ALL public school kids are starving according to old eagle and Publics are the only ones with problems...awesome its amazing that they can even graduate and have productive lives being such miserable wretches :mrgreen:

Its good to know that you fixed all the problems at the last public school you where at. You should run for office.

Just good to know that ALL public school kids are starving according to old eagle and Publics are the only ones with problems...awesome its amazing that they can even graduate and have productive lives being such miserable wretches :mrgreen:

They starve on purpose! You should taste the food ole Mrs Obama has these kids trying to eat...While she chokes down good ole burgers, hotdogs and pizza ^_^

Its good to know that you fixed all the problems at the last public school you where at. You should run for office.

naw too tired of poor people...always complaining.... i love just whallowing around in all this money I have now!!...Millions I say Millions I have now and it was just because I am associated with a private school...its awesome...dont have to work no more...the money just keeps coming in by the truck loads :rolleyes: