Cheatham County @ CPA: Class AA Sectional Battle

If some of the accusations leveled against CPA by one poster were as clear cut as some would have you believe then CPA and or the TSSAA would have leveled sanctions years ago. The reality is that these accusations were first made years ago in writing to those in charge at CPA, they were investigated by the admin at the request of the Board, they were found not to be true, and the source of said allegations was found to be unreliable.

Some other posters on here disagree with the current rules. I won't debate the validity of the current rules that put public and private schools with a multiplier in the same divisions/districts. I can't predict the future. There could be a public private split and some of the reasons for that might be merited. I won't debate what the rules should be. I simply speak as a voice of reason to state that CPA coaches, staff, and admin have followed the rules as they've been written and administered by the TSSAA for that last 8 years.

I am close to the situation and truly believe that the CPA coaches and admin staff have operated within compliance to the current rules for the last 8 years. There was one admitted clerical mistake two years ago and one vacated win two years ago for playing a kid 1 game early for like 20 seconds in a game. That kid was eligible the very next week and was a role player the rest of the year. The other situation often referenced on a transfer was a situation where the TSSAA ruled the kid eligible on a hardship case in writing and then later changed their ruling and apologized. CPA was found to have no fault by the TSSAA. I've seen a copy of the letter apologizing to CPA myself.

I've implored one poster to stop making false accusations or using half truths and innuendo to make larger accusations that simply are not true. If anything my efforts only cause him to respond and in some cases make more accusations.

I'm done debating this topic with him on Coach T. Any defense just leads to more accusations. Silence is actually better...the last 4 weeks of silence on this topic were great, but that one poster will do anything they can to get back into the conversation and keep it going. That leads me to believe he has an agenda though he states otherwise.

I will say this...if somehow I am wrong and there are some allegations of wrongdoing that are proven true in a court, at the TSSAA, or are investigated and self reported by CPA, or investigated and proven true by some other governing body then I will seek out that one poster out and apologize to him personally and publicly on here. I'm not blinded by loyalty to the point that I'm insisting I am right just to be right especially if there was reliable evidence to the contrary. I'm just close enough to the situation to see on a daily basis that those in charge at CPA are playing by and within the current rules.

That's it. I'm done on this topic.

• Upvote 1

If some of the accusations leveled against CPA by one poster were as clear cut as some would have you believe then CPA and or the TSSAA would have leveled sanctions years ago. The reality is that these accusations were first made years ago in writing to those in charge at CPA, they were investigated by the admin at the request of the Board, they were found not to be true, and the source of said allegations was found to be unreliable.

Some other posters on here disagree with the current rules. I won't debate the validity of the current rules that put public and private schools with a multiplier in the same divisions/districts. I can't predict the future. There could be a public private split and some of the reasons for that might be merited. I won't debate what the rules should be. I simply speak as a voice of reason to state that CPA coaches, staff, and admin have followed the rules as they've been written and administered by the TSSAA for that last 8 years.

I am close to the situation and truly believe that the CPA coaches and admin staff have operated within compliance to the current rules for the last 8 years. There was one admitted clerical mistake two years ago and one vacated win two years ago for playing a kid 1 game early for like 20 seconds in a game. That kid was eligible the very next week and was a role player the rest of the year. The other situation often referenced on a transfer was a situation where the TSSAA ruled the kid eligible on a hardship case in writing and then later changed their ruling and apologized. CPA was found to have no fault by the TSSAA. I've seen a copy of the letter apologizing to CPA myself.

I've implored one poster to stop making false accusations or using half truths and innuendo to make larger accusations that simply are not true. If anything my efforts only cause him to respond and in some cases make more accusations.

I'm done debating this topic with him on Coach T. Any defense just leads to more accusations. Silence is actually better...the last 4 weeks of silence on this topic were great, but that one poster will do anything they can to get back into the conversation and keep it going. That leads me to believe he has an agenda though he states otherwise.

I will say this...if somehow I am wrong and there are some allegations of wrongdoing that are proven true in a court, at the TSSAA, or are investigated and self reported by CPA, or investigated and proven true by some other governing body then I will seek out that one poster out and apologize to him personally and publicly on here. I'm not blinded by loyalty to the point that I'm insisting I am right just to be right especially if there was reliable evidence to the contrary. I'm just close enough to the situation to see on a daily basis that those in charge at CPA are playing by and within the current rules.

That's it. I'm done on this topic.

I know you said you are done, but maybe you are still lurking here--I proved some allegations regarding Blackwell, with very clear cut evidence, a conversation from his facebook page, stating that Jalen Lindsey's mom called his mom.  Shortly after that, he was enrolled in CPA, even though he said he'd planned to go to Ensworth.  I still have it. I'd be happy to share it with you.  It's been sent to the TSSAA as well. Funny thing is, once I posted it here (without links or identifying info--it was taken off his facebook rather quickly)

Don't get me worng--I do NOT fault the players in any of this, I recognize their talent and work ethic, and commend them for it. However, I do fault the adults who know better, and have helped make this team.  If you can honestly believe that there have been no rules broken with  creating this team, I have some swampland with a bridge to sell you.

In case you are interested here is more info:

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/235490-cpa-basketball/page-23

NO..NO...NO...only kbrks has reliable sources and all his accusing sources are truthful. No way they were found non-credible. After this week I will mosey toward the sunset but I reserve one more post before I go.

Dad1, at least you reserved your one post, but I'm guessing there will be more, since you've promised your last post on more than one occasion! Talk about credibility.

Then you obviously do not speak to many single A schools. I live in a single a community and those high schools do not appreciate Goodpasture dropping down to single A. Goodpasture Will win almost every state title in every sport until they are forced to move.

Thanks for the insight.  Like I said, i have not seen as much "discussion" for any school except 1.  Goodpasture was D1-AA in years past?

You must have missed the multiple pages about Goodpasture from all the small schools they have killed this year.

They have been resented plenty. At least no school has refused to play CPA like they have Goodpasture.Not yet anyway.

There is a lot of fussing about Notre Dame in Chattanooga too, just not a lot on this board.

Thanks for this as well..

This matter will be concluded on Wednesday night and the debate will be over. There has been a lot of outrage with continued success of a select few private schools and although I'm a fan of the competition and really do not want a split, the playing field has been tilted. With the increased emphasis of private schools developing AAU programs to be more competitive, those players and parents will naturally be drawn to those around them. Those AAU coaches are allowed to contact the select top tier athletes and invite them to the open gyms, which in my opinion creates a competitive advantage for privates that does not exist with most public schools. Is this recruiting?? According to TSSAA, no. The only way to rectify it is a complete split. The next battle will be open enrollment and Magnets. It will take a while for that one to fester.

kbrks,

Using devil fanatic/UCsportsfan's supposed recruitment of his son should not be used as part of your review of "architecture" of the current staff at CPA. You were the coach when this supposedly happened. Just stating a fact.

Better check your facts because if memory serves me corrrectly DF/UC stated it happened 6 years ago, which is after my coaching time at CPA. 

I know you said you are done, but maybe you are still lurking here--I proved some allegations regarding Blackwell, with very clear cut evidence, a conversation from his facebook page, stating that Jalen Lindsey's mom called his mom.  Shortly after that, he was enrolled in CPA, even though he said he'd planned to go to Ensworth.  I still have it. I'd be happy to share it with you.  It's been sent to the TSSAA as well. Funny thing is, once I posted it here (without links or identifying info--it was taken off his facebook rather quickly)

Don't get me worng--I do NOT fault the players in any of this, I recognize their talent and work ethic, and commend them for it. However, I do fault the adults who know better, and have helped make this team.  If you can honestly believe that there have been no rules broken with  creating this team, I have some swampland with a bridge to sell you.

Dad1, at least you reserved your one post, but I'm guessing there will be more, since you've promised your last post on more than one occasion! Talk about credibility.

Amen

And the more coach77 posts the more I realize how little he knows of the inner workings of these organizations.  Whatever type of "investigation" was conducted, I know all the principal parties were not contacted so it was not complete.  And if not complete, what type of conclusions do you think would be drawn?  My guess is he was not even part of this "investigation" (correct me if I am wrong) and simply reporting what he has been told which supports what he wants to believe.  I get it, I was there once until it was proven to me differently. 

I know coach77 does not always know what he says he knows.  He did this to me before a few years ago when he tried to speak of my specific situation pubilicly on one of these threads.  When he was shown where he was wrong do you think I received an apology? Not a chance.  Now he says I make false accusations and speak in half-truths and innuendos (which is false), but if a authority or governing association finds out there have been violations, then he will offer a public apology and seek me out privately.  He speaks out of both sides of his mouth. 

NO..NO...NO...only kbrks has reliable sources and all his accusing sources are truthful. No way they were found non-credible. After this week I will mosey toward the sunset but I reserve one more post before I go.

Why don't you have the adminstration send me the list of the sources they found to be non-credible, I'd be happy to compare lists to see those I am actually referencing were actually contacted.  Don't be surprised if they don't.  Of course if I was really sinning by spreading false accusations, biblical love would dictate they bring me in and show me how my sources are not credible because out of love they would want me to stop sinning. 

BC/DF never mentioned 6 yrs ago. He stated along time ago. Ice Cream Man mentioned 6 yrs ago and I am pretty sure that was just picking a number out of the air. I doubt he or anyone else would have imagined someone trying to bring up a supposed recruiting issue from a CPA dad from 2003/04.

TCAINT,

I do not care how many titles private schools win playing in a public league. If Mitchell went private and played in a public league and got our brians beaten out, I would say nothing. If I did not like it I would just play in the league created for us. I have no problem with a private school playing in a public league. I only have a problem when they complain about anything. You chose to be in this league.

If Greenfield feels this is a problem they have a right to complain because they are a public school playing in a league they were placed. They have to play in 1A. TCA has a choice. I did not complain 1 time when TCA drilled us in football, moe power to them. It became a problem when you realized your basketball team is not on the level of Mitchell and BTW. Although you beat 2 Memphis schools before but they were in your GYM. I will never complain about your football team. I even rooted for you all to win it all.