Elizabethton versus Livingston Academy

BigBama42

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine from JC sent me an article today that quotes Eliz's coach as saying he is pleased with the draw and that the two teams he did not want to face in the first round were in the opposite bracket, so perhaps BigBama is just reflecting what their coach is saying.   Of course coach Dugger goes on to say that all the teams are good and losses don't mean anything at this point, but the jist of the article is both he and the sportswriter like Eliz's draw.  

No disrespect , but I still like our draw and our chances to win. I love watching our girls play. They are a gritty, hungry group of girls. Yes, I'm a crazy old man fan who gets excited watching these girls win. Sorry if I upset you by picking our team to win, but I hope we do! Yes, we may lose....but our chances of returning for the next few years are mighty high. I haven't read any articles and don't start saying our coach is "cocky" like a previous poster.....he just knows how to win. CAK was better than there record, too. But our girls took care of business. I look forward to the challenge of playing a good Livingston team.

No disrespect , but I still like our draw and our chances to win. I love watching our girls play. They are a gritty, hungry group of girls. Yes, I'm a crazy old man fan who gets excited watching these girls win. Sorry if I upset you by picking our team to win, but I hope we do! Yes, we may lose....but our chances of returning for the next few years are mighty high. I haven't read any articles and don't start saying our coach is "cocky" like a previous poster.....he just knows how to win. CAK was better than there record, too. But our girls took care of business. I look forward to the challenge of playing a good Livingston team.

I didn't take any offense to your comment, you're an avid fan and there is nothing wrong with that.  I am not a Livingston fan per say but i do root for all of our upper cumberland teams.  I will say this, i remember when we (Jackson County) were in AA and we won 4 straight state championships we brought a 22-10 record to Murfreesboro and left 25-10 and with a Gold ball so while in some cases records reflect the body of work during the regular season, at the end of the day its about how you are playing in March, not December that will make the difference.  LA was not very good to start the year but they have jelled and if they are good enough to beat us and Clarkrange then they are good enough to win the state tournament in AA.  Good luck to both teams!

Ucsportsfan.....I never said easy draw, I said great draw. You can interpret that as you like. I probably would have said that despite who we end up playing. I post on here to get things rolling and fired up. It's all in fun. Tell us some things about the Academy's team.....by the way, are they a pvt school? Does it take a lot of money to attend? It seems y'all already know about Elizabethton and our "easy" schedule up here in NE TN.... Haha.

Ucsportsfan.....I never said easy draw, I said great draw. You can interpret that as you like. I probably would have said that despite who we end up playing. I post on here to get things rolling and fired up. It's all in fun. Tell us some things about the Academy's team.....by the way, are they a pvt school? Does it take a lot of money to attend? It seems y'all already know about Elizabethton and our "easy" schedule up here in NE TN.... Haha.

LA is a public school and the only high school in Overton co. The  Academy part comes from many years ago when the school was started as a church school. It has been a public school for well over 60 yrs.