UC vs JC

MrAnonymous

I don't understand the butt-hurt people talking about the end of the Houston County game....Good grief, you play all year to win a Gold Ball and you are the number one team in the state PLUS you are carrying around that undefeated weight on your shoulders...Suitor wasn't trying to run up the score, crap he had the game won...What they did at the end of the game was more for getting his team's attention than anything else...Had that been the end of the game in any regular season game he would have left his subs in...GET OVER IT !!!.....You all act like he went to The Tennessean and cried about the officiating or something...Oh wait...

BTW....Why is Union City's style of play have to be labeled "street ball" ?.....

I hope UC wins this thing by 20 or more but I'm like Chipper, I'd take a one point win today....

Yea GET OVER IT. UC is a very deserving team. It don't matter what style of ball they are labelled with playing there is just one thing to say IT WORKS. I think, but I maybe wrong the Meigs girls game was the closest UC has had all year long and it really was never a question. So to all non believers UC is for real. Sorry JC no ball this year.

I am here and i have been at the games thats why i haven't been posting much.. Jackson County lost two MaKenzie's, both of whom had a huge affect on last years outcome. The loss of our point guard was just as big as the loss of Hensley down low. Raven Fair could not guard Flynn in last years championship game but she won't be able to play this year so JC will have to do it by committee. UC will have a decided advantage on the blocks, JC has Coe. JC needs to be hitting the 3 ball and get a lead then sit back in the zone and make UC make a shot. Amber Fair is not going to pass the ball to her sister or to anyone else for that matter from what i've seen so once she starts driving we need to take a charge. If the ref's allow UC to play street ball and hammer away down low then UC wins by double digits, if they call it close i like JC's chances. We shall see but either way JC has had a great year after losing Flynn. One thing about JC they will be loaded again next year and will be back to the buro, seeking their ninth or tenth state championship, not sure UC recovers after all the seniors leave. I lost alot of respect for UC's coach after what he did against Houston county as did alot of the coaching community, would love to see us make it 3 wins in 3 years over UC.

To the naked eye I can understand why you would feel that way about the UC coach for what he did but after talking to a reliable source yesterday he did that for a legit reason....also saying UC plays street ball I don't know where you get that...but what you said about Amber Fair I do agree with

Edited by wtspfan

To the naked eye I can understand why you would feel that way about the UC coach for what he did but after talking to a reliable source yesterday he did that for a legit reason....also saying UC plays street ball I don't know where you get that...but what you said about Amber Fair I do agree with

I didn't mean street ball in a derogatory way. They get up and down the floor and they are very physical especially inside. JC will have to handle UC's pressure D and shoot the ball extremely well to win. Today is a new day. UC played well yesterday JC played well the day before. 3rd day in a hotel room 3rd day in a row they have a game if they beat Jackson County for the championship then they deserve it and I will congratulate them on a great season.

Yea GET OVER IT. UC is a very deserving team. It don't matter what style of ball they are labelled with playing there is just one thing to say IT WORKS. I think, but I maybe wrong the Meigs girls game was the closest UC has had all year long and it really was never a question. So to all non believers UC is for real. Sorry JC no ball this year.

Just a shout out from District 15A, the Meigs game is not the closet game Union City has had this year.  They beat Middleton by 2 points making a shot at the final horn (I think it was 34 to 32) on their home court in the sectional tournament.  I have not seen UC play this year, but from what I've heard they are pretty awesome.  I also pick UC to take care of business and take home the gold ball this year

I don't understand the butt-hurt people talking about the end of the Houston County game....Good grief, you play all year to win a Gold Ball and you are the number one team in the state PLUS you are carrying around that undefeated weight on your shoulders...Suitor wasn't trying to run up the score, crap he had the game won...What they did at the end of the game was more for getting his team's attention than anything else...Had that been the end of the game in any regular season game he would have left his subs in...GET OVER IT !!!.....You all act like he went to The Tennessean and cried about the officiating or something...Oh wait...

BTW....Why is Union City's style of play have to be labeled "street ball" ?.....

I hope UC wins this thing by 20 or more but I'm like Chipper, I'd take a one point win today....

I saw it and UC wasn't trying to run the score up. Both teams put their subs in to get the game over, but H keep pressing with a minute and a half left and were only down 14. I believe the Coach at UC put his starters back in to let the other coach know "hey, we're trying to let everyone play and get this game over with"--but after getting it to 12 with 1:20 to play with the subs--- that's only 4 shots people. The starters got a run out layout to keep it at 14 or so.

If he were running the score up, UC would have won by at least 30 and he wasn't even calling the "normal" offensive plays". Good luck to UC and JC today, but I see UC winning by 15+.