UC vs JC

MrAnonymous

Just a shout out from District 15A, the Meigs game is not the closet game Union City has had this year. They beat Middleton by 2 points making a shot at the final horn (I think it was 34 to 32) on their home court in the sectional tournament. I have not seen UC play this year, but from what I've heard they are pretty awesome. I also pick UC to take care of business and take home the gold ball this year

does anyone see a pattern here cause back in 06 our boys beat Middleton at the buzzer to get to the state tournament and went on to win it all.

I saw it and UC wasn't trying to run the score up. Both teams put their subs in to get the game over, but H keep pressing with a minute and a half left and were only down 14. I believe the Coach at UC put his starters back in to let the other coach know "hey, we're trying to let everyone play and get this game over with"--but after getting it to 12 with 1:20 to play with the subs--- that's only 4 shots people. The starters got a run out layout to keep it at 14 or so.

If he were running the score up, UC would have won by at least 30 and he wasn't even calling the "normal" offensive plays". Good luck to UC and JC today, but I see UC winning by 15+.

I had the opportunity to see the game as well.  The coach from Houston County had emptied his bench with about 1:45 left in the game so Coach Suiter reciprocated.  Houston County decided to put a couple of starters back in and press after they hit a couple of shots.  As a former coach I was always under the impression when you emptied your bench you were conceding defeat. Coach Suiter may have been trying to get the attention of his subs by putting the starters back in, but the coach from Houston County also decided not to "throw in the towel."  A friend of mine who was watching the game on the TSSAA feed had the same opinion as well as some others on this thread, and he used the terminology that it was "bush league."  No, it was not "bush league" but the simple fact that the Houston County coach took that chance by re-entering starters and pressing.

"GET OVER IT !!!.....You all act like he went to The Tennessean and cried about the officiating or something...Oh wait...Purple and Gold Standard...

Your comments lack class in the least. Coach Rogers' teams have won nearly 1100 games, win 25-30+ games every year, have won 8 state championships and he is in the Hall of Fame. He has EARNED his right to complain about bad officiating and it was. That was a first for him.  People always come on here and tear into people if they mention bad officiating, but it DOES happen and I bet there were games where Purple and Gold Standard felt the officiating was bad.

It is clear that they want new teams in the tournament because it is getting old with 7A dominating. 7A (or 8AA) have not played well this year in the tournament and Union City has to be favored by at least 10. But until any other district does what 7A has done since the 1970's...Pickett Co. 6 titles, Clarkrange 8 titles, Jackson Co. 4 AA titles and 4 A titles, Clay Co. 1 title and 4 or 5 silver balls plus all the other silver balls 7A has earned and has one or two teams in the tournament almost every year, prove it on the court before knocking 7A!

And, Union City deserves all the respect they have by making the finals 2 years in a row and being unbeaten...now do it like Coach Rogers has done for 34 or 35 years.

• Upvote 1