UC vs JC

MrAnonymous

This Championship was 3 years in the making....the defeat in the semi's 2 years ago, the defeat in the Championship last year, & well this undefeated team this year...WORK, WORk, & lots of WORK went into this team...the schedule this year was as hard as any A team in the state, the draw for sub-state, as Middleton was upset by Jackson Christian, and then  in the bracket with 3 other 30 game winners, & to face Jackson Co. for the 3rd straight year in the championship game....the first half was tense & shots did not fall for the Purple & Gold, they only seemed to fall for the best player on the court JC Cole, however, Eddie Suiter changed defenses...& the game changed with a technical foul which resulted in 4 points for the Lady Demons, however, fate was with the Lady Tornadoes as Jackie Hudson & Amber Fair were not going to lose!..the last 3 minutes were all UC...GREAT GAME, GREAT SEASON, GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Edited by Switchhitter

"GET OVER IT !!!.....You all act like he went to The Tennessean and cried about the officiating or something...Oh wait...Purple and Gold Standard...

Your comments lack class in the least. Coach Rogers' teams have won nearly 1100 games, win 25-30+ games every year, have won 8 state championships and he is in the Hall of Fame. He has EARNED his right to complain about bad officiating and it was. That was a first for him.  People always come on here and tear into people if they mention bad officiating, but it DOES happen and I bet there were games where Purple and Gold Standard felt the officiating was bad.

It is clear that they want new teams in the tournament because it is getting old with 7A dominating. 7A (or 8AA) have not played well this year in the tournament and Union City has to be favored by at least 10. But until any other district does what 7A has done since the 1970's...Pickett Co. 6 titles, Clarkrange 8 titles, Jackson Co. 4 AA titles and 4 A titles, Clay Co. 1 title and 4 or 5 silver balls plus all the other silver balls 7A has earned and has one or two teams in the tournament almost every year, prove it on the court before knocking 7A!

And, Union City deserves all the respect they have by making the finals 2 years in a row and being unbeaten...now do it like Coach Rogers has done for 34 or 35 years.

I don't care how many games the guy has won....You don't go whining to the newspaper about the officiating....Have I seen games where I thought the officiating has made a difference in a game ?...You bet....But, you go back through the almost 10,000 posts I've made on here and see if I have cried and whined about officiating costing my team a game and I'm a FAN not a freaking COACH !!!....I guess it would be O.K if I bellyached to The Tennessean about having a starting point guard out of the line-up....Oh crap, wait....( B.T.W....UC had TWO starters hurt for last year's state championship game....I don't remember a write-up about that in The Tennessean.)....

But you are probably right with your Black Helicopter conspiracy theory....Probably why the T.S.S.A.A stuck UC in the same bracket with three other 30-win teams and gave JaxCo a free ride to the championship game...

First thing I want to say is congrats to union city you were the best team yesterday. Jackson county had a great season too. Coach brown had great game plan and if couple plays go different then gold ball comes to district 7 again.

To purple and gold standard you are clueless and a hypocrite. You and many others cried last year about not having amber fair. So for coach brown to mention that his starting point guard tore her acl and you to complain about that article shows your ignorance. Also, I can guarantee you that she would have been worth way more than six points we lost by yesterday. Not sure you understand the importance of having a true point guard on the floor.

In my opinion this is coach brown's best coaching job. I know others will say how lucky we were to be in bracket opposite union city and others. However, take away any other teams point guard and see where they would finish. Lastly, no girl on Jackson county's team had ever played the position before the injury to our point guard. So great season girls and we will truly miss our two seniors next season but no reason we can't compete for gold ball again next year.

I don't care how many games the guy has won....You don't go whining to the newspaper about the officiating....Have I seen games where I thought the officiating has made a difference in a game ?...You bet....But, you go back through the almost 10,000 posts I've made on here and see if I have cried and whined about officiating costing my team a game and I'm a FAN not a freaking COACH !!!....I guess it would be O.K if I bellyached to The Tennessean about having a starting point guard out of the line-up....Oh crap, wait....( B.T.W....UC had TWO starters hurt for last year's state championship game....I don't remember a write-up about that in The Tennessean.)....

But you are probably right with your Black Helicopter conspiracy theory....Probably why the T.S.S.A.A stuck UC in the same bracket with three other 30-win teams and gave JaxCo a free ride to the championship game...

Yep...guess the tssaa used a wiji board for the BLIND draw...lol.