TSSAA to Vote on Public/Private Split

bobcatfan300

WRONG! Its about ATHLETICS! Comments like "Crying" and "wanting a trophy for nothing" is so far off base that it shows just how disconnected you and yours really are....UNREAL!

Hey, you should bring yourself to a workout at Hampton or TD County and witness what a HARD workout and what sacrifice really is amongst "homeboys"...Get a clue what 11 to 15 young men go through on BOTH sides of the ball because there's not enough avail talent to play 22 or more players

been there done that on 20 young men playing football and that was the whole team.  Been there when there was 7 girls to play varisity basketball. tough to practice when there is not enough to practice. There is no greater pride in young men and women to see the efforts and sacrifices they put in on and off the field.

But lets all be honest.  Its about Winning.  It has nothing to do with competion or fairness or anything but the parents having to Win.  If CPA and Goddpasture and fill in the blank with any other private school was not winning, this would not be a discussion. 

We as adults tell them that that team is better than you because they cheat or because they have more money than you do or they recruit or whatever the reason.  Athletics is supposed to teach us how to work hard, sacrifice, teamwork, handle tough situations for OUR ADULT LIVES.  When they get to a job, as most if not all of us know, the job world is not fair.

To me it seems everyone has there own agenda when it comes to getting rid of private schools in D1. Lets face it, that is what this is currently about right now. This has been going on for years. Ya, you hear rumblings about open zone, but don't kid yourself, private schools are on the block.   I agree with what some posters put on here as far as to some of the benefits private schools over public schools. I'm actually hoping this goes through and we go to D2. The competition in D2 will be great, and that will attract more athletes, especially if we can offer financial assistance legally.  That seems like a plus to me.

So once the private schools are gone (Come on TSSAA!) will it be fair? Whats next, are all the closed zone public schools going to start another petition to get open zone schools into there own division? I guess I'm just kind of confused because once we are gone, it will still be unfair. At least we won't be the punching bags any longer.  :popcorneater:

There are the privates that play fair and the ones that dont...The latter screws it all up IMO...I have no problem playing anyone in season...Come post season, I dont have the same attitude.

been there done that on 20 young men playing football and that was the whole team.  Been there when there was 7 girls to play varisity basketball. tough to practice when there is not enough to practice. There is no greater pride in young men and women to see the efforts and sacrifices they put in on and off the field.

But lets all be honest.  Its about Winning.  It has nothing to do with competion or fairness or anything but the parents having to Win.  If CPA and Goddpasture and fill in the blank with any other private school was not winning, this would not be a discussion. 

We as adults tell them that that team is better than you because they cheat or because they have more money than you do or they recruit or whatever the reason.  Athletics is supposed to teach us how to work hard, sacrifice, teamwork, handle tough situations for OUR ADULT LIVES.  When they get to a job, as most if not all of us know, the job world is not fair.

I'll lie and reply once more LOL

Athletics is a great teaching tool! But too many privates get out of control with being "THE BEST" and teach incorrect principles IMO...Its more than parents or adults wanting to win

life is not fair. but some keep trying to make high school sports fair. someone always has an

advantage. until you fix public school education, private schools will exist.

no one wants to play them. so we split.

when they pull completely away, they will make their own rules about recruiting and

financial aid.

then the public schools will kick out open zone schools.

then all the rural schools will refuse to play the city schools.

then we will have 20 plus schools claiming state football championships

Actually i have used the police, fire trucks, city hall , library, city water, city garbage...  I have no issues paying taxes for them.  That is what city and county taxes are for.  Just like paying for schools. I will pay them because I know that is what is best for the community.  It has nothing to do with being fair. 

Just like this conversation. Fair or not is besides the point.  Is it the best for the community of Athletics, a good possibility..

read into the facetiousness of my comments.

Same reasons my monies go to pave the roads you travel on but i'll never see....What a attitude...You probably work for me!!! Or at least the business I do may well keep you a-float and able to pay your "private school" dues!

Whats so hard to understand about that! Especially come tournament time??!!

below is my answer to this earlier regarding playing during tournament times.

pretty sure i dont work for you unless you live in memphis.  And i am pretty sure that my state sales tax pays for your child to go to public school and if that helps keep one student in school to get a quality education and be successful as an adult, it is worth every penny.

I would not mind playing in a district / region that has schools with the same amount of students. there are enough small privates D2-A in memphis and we do play each other. D2-AA there are only 6. 2 of them are Girls only and 2 are Boys only.

I think it has to do with actual competition in the game. I think fans, athletes, boosters want to play teams that give them competition. And they feel that playing against other private schools their size does nto give them the competition they are looking for.

not being sarcastic... Glad to see you are not done.  good dicussion is the way to come together.  Unfortunatley, since the TSSAA board or reps are not elected by the state, they have no fear being replaced which means do they really care for what the schools want?

Are the votes for topics public knowledge?

There are the privates that play fair and the ones that dont...The latter screws it all up IMO...I have no problem playing anyone in season...Come post season, I dont have the same attitude.

I'll lie and reply once more LOL

Athletics is a great teaching tool! But too many privates get out of control with being "THE BEST" and teach incorrect principles IMO...Its more than parents or adults wanting to win

we need to lump Public schools in this statement as well.  And the messuring stick for most people to be "the best" is by winning.

My point was that every dollar earned is MOST LIKELY due to someone else needing a service or product another furnishes....same for tax dollars, if not wasted by politicians goes to help all.....even mine, you and yours

mine too...

Privates leaving will have very little financial impact on the TSSAA. I am wondering how those claiming this are coming to this conclusion. Typical private schools have very average to below average crowds for gates.

you must not be in Nashville or looked at  playoff attendance figures

Privates leaving will have very little financial impact on the TSSAA. I am wondering how those claiming this are coming to this conclusion. Typical private schools have very average to below average crowds for gates.

not being sarcastic... Glad to see you are not done. good dicussion is the way to come together. Unfortunatley, since the TSSAA board or reps are not elected by the state, they have no fear being replaced which means do they really care for what the schools want?

Are the votes for topics public knowledge?

we need to lump Public schools in this statement as well. And the messuring stick for most people to be "the best" is by winning.

mine too...

No disagreement outta me on most of the above

Edited by uknoit2

Again I will ask the simple question and hope to get a straight forward answer. Why do private schools object to being in their own classification. Regular season games can be played versus other classification. The primary impact would be the post season. Why the objection. Just don't understand why it's such a big deal.

Again I will ask the simple question and hope to get a straight forward answer. Why do private schools object to being in their own classification. Regular season games can be played versus other classification. The primary impact would be the post season. Why the objection. Just don't understand why it's such a big deal.

They really don't care about the winning, they just like staying at the very lowest classifaction possible. I believe I just made a funny.

I'm interested in the answer to you're question also.