TSSAA to Vote on Public/Private Split

bobcatfan300

They really don't care about the winning, they just like staying at the very lowest classifaction possible. I believe I just made a funny.

I'm interested in the answer to you're question also.

I can't speak for other schools but I know for Knoxville Catholic it really doesn't matter. The Irish played in D2 (with Webb, Baylor, McCallie, and Notre Dame) and for 4 years they played in AAA (5A football) with Maryville, Bearden, Farragut etc.then were moved to AA (4A for football) and played Alcoa, CAK, and Fulton. Like Doug S. mentioned I think (I'm assuming because I don't know) it's the travel. I see Webb's schedule (Catholic's rival) and they take all those trips to Nashville (some on school nights). However since all the privates are splitting it would allow the Knoxville teams to have their own district with out the long travel (until the playoffs start). I was wondering if they could group D2 teams by location and split up for playoffs like D1 football. Then POSSIBLY it could be a district with Webb, CAK, Knoxville Christian, Concord, King's Academy, Berean Christian and Grace. Not sure who plays football other then GCA, CAK, Webb and King's. Edited by QSouth89

If many of you private bashers don't want to play us in the post season, then why would you want to play us during the regular season?

I doubt they do, I'm not sure anyone is bashing private schools,they just want in a seperate division. You know,play like competetion

I doubt they do, I'm not sure anyone is bashing private schools,they just want in a seperate division. You know,play like competetion

Simple solution is to leave things the way that they are and if your school does not want to play privates, then don't schedule them.  Only schedule other schools like your own.

WRONG! Its about ATHLETICS! Comments like "Crying" and "wanting a trophy for nothing" is so far off base that it shows just how disconnected you and yours really are....UNREAL!

Hey, you should bring yourself to a workout at Hampton or TD County and witness what a HARD workout and what sacrifice really is amongst "homeboys"...Get a clue what 11 to 15 young men go through on BOTH sides of the ball because there's not enough avail talent to play 22 or more players

Best post yet.

I can't speak for other schools but I know for Knoxville Catholic it really doesn't matter. The Irish played in D2 (with Webb, Baylor, McCallie, and Notre Dame) and for 4 years they played in AAA (5A football) with Maryville, Bearden, Farragut etc.then were moved to AA (4A for football) and played Alcoa, CAK, and Fulton. Like Doug S. mentioned I think (I'm assuming because I don't know) it's the travel. I see Webb's schedule (Catholic's rival) and all they take all those trips to Nashville (some on school nights). However since all the privates are splitting it would allow the Knoxville teams to have their own district with out the long travel (until the playoffs start). I was wondering if they could group D2 teams by location and split up for playoffs like D1 football. Then POSSIBLY it could be a district with Webb, CAK, Knoxville Christian, Concord, King's Academy, Berean Christian and Grace. Not sure who plays football other then GCA, CAK, Webb and King's.

Knox Catholic sure goes out of their way to hire fine coaches,if they didn't care about winning,they'd hire me. lol

Simple solution is to leave things the way that they are and if your school does not want to play privates, then don't schedule them.  Only schedule other schools like your own.

Thats not the way it works, if they are in you're region,they are on you're schedule and then you have the playoffs.

Knox Catholic sure goes out of their way to hire fine coaches,if they didn't care about winning,they'd hire me. lol

You should apply. Seriously, high school has now become all about winning. Look at all the coaching turnovers. I saw were Lenior City is looking for another basketball coach, that will be their 5th coach in less then 10 years. There is way too much pressure to win. In reality this isn't college but unfortunately it's a what have you done for me lately attitude. Upset the wrong person and you're fired. Sad, I've seen fine coaches, great teachers and leaders (public and private) lose coaching jobs.

Edited by QSouth89

You should apply. Seriously, high school has now become all about winning. Look at all the coaching turnovers. I saw were Lenior City is looking for another basketball coach, that will be their 5th coach in less then 10 years. There is way too much pressure to win. In reality this isn't college but unfortunately it's a what have you done for me lately attitude. Upset the wrong person and you're fired. Sad, I've seen fine coaches, great teachers and leaders (public and private) lose coaching jobs.

Shoot even youth club and Little League is about winning, it may just be me, but i wouldn't play ANYTHING if I wasn't trying to win. I also agree that fine leaders lose jobs because they don't win enough. In a perfect world coaches jobs would be to prepare these kids to be fine hard working adults. I've done a little coaching and I always try to teach the kids to give it everything they have in all walks of life.

I would not mind playing in a district / region that has schools with the same amount of students. there are enough small privates D2-A in memphis and we do play each other. D2-AA there are only 6. 2 of them are Girls only and 2 are Boys only.

I think it has to do with actual competition in the game. I think fans, athletes, boosters want to play teams that give them competition. And they feel that playing against other private schools their size does nto give them the competition they are looking for.

Hey Doug S, those are great points! Matter of fact it's the somewhat te same argument I had with you a couple of weeks back. It's about competition. I want TCA to stay in D1 because there is much more competition from top to bottom. No doubt, ECS and St George's would be competing for championships year in and year out in D1 Single A but the problem is that the rest of D2A isn't going to be consistently strong. In D1 you always have to deal with Booker T or Mitchell in basketball, etc. Top to bottom there is more competition in D1.

Shoot even youth club and Little League is about winning, it may just be me, but i wouldn't play ANYTHING if I wasn't trying to win. I also agree that fine leaders lose jobs because they don't win enough. In a perfect world coaches jobs would be to prepare these kids to be fine hard working adults. I've done a little coaching and I always try to teach the kids to give it everything they have in all walks of life.

You're not kidding about youth leagues, I'm watching Friday Night Tykes and they treat those kids like it's the NFL playoffs lol. I couldn't agree with you more.