2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

I thought they looked good- especially in 1 vrs 1's. Once they started subbing out there were a few turnovers and they gave up some big plays on defense but overall a successful event. And most importantly I did not see anyone get hurt! We will know a lot more when the scrimmages start on 1 Aug.

I think they had enough from the spring scrimmage with them. Shelbyville looks to be a major contender this year. A lot of talent and speed

Shelbyville has a good team; but MJ more than held their own in Spring scrimmage when it was ones vs ones. MJ worked a lot  on depth and evaluating talent.

Hope everyone made it through their 7 on 7's without injury. Now the real work begins. Here is how we fared (any of these can be totally wrong, the way the coaches give back and tack td's its hard to keep up, and I dont even know at the end if any coach on any team knows who won or lost, or even care, they are just trying to get work in.) But saying all that, here is what I had while taking photos:

Team/Portland outcome

JP2-WON

TROUSDALE COUNTY-WON

FRANKLIN COUNTY-WON

GREENBRIER-LOST OR TIED

WHITE COUNTY-WON OR TIED

DAVIDSON ACADEMY-WON

TROUSDALE COUNTY-LOST

SMYRNA BULLDOGS-WON

MURF. RIVERDALE-LOST (BY FAR THE BEST TEAM WE PLAYED)

RED BOILING SPRINGS-WON

EZELL-HARDING-WON

LIVINGSTON ACADEMY-LOST

JP2-WON

DEKALB COUNTY-WON

WATERTOWN-LOST 

MOORE COUNTY-TIED

GORDONSVILLE-TIED

PAGE-WON

CUMBERLAND COUNTY-WON

Now, we have Hillsborough, JP2, Franklin-Simpson scrimmages left before the opener at Westmoreland. Just pray we start the season healthy, and play healthy. Good luck to everyone and I pray for safe play............even in 7 on 7. IF the question every comes up why they wear helmets, it was apparent today when we had 2 kids go face to face on a pace over the middle. Thank the Lord they got up. Quite the collision.  

Salute to all of the players that were named to the Army ROTC All-State Academic Team!!

MT. Juliet- Garrett Zickgraf, Chris Harper, Kyle Mahler, Tavner Simmons

Wilson Central- David Chamberlain, Justin Lee, L.J. Lytle, Alan Lewis, Alex McCullough, Dakivian Moore, Ethan Owens, Andrew Web, Hunter Wilson

Station Camp-Kyle Anderton

Beech-Nathaniel Brown, Parker Campbell, Neal Cox, Caleb Dockery, Nick Fechino, Carson Garrett, Zeb Harris, Thomas Holman, Riley Lovingood, Dillion Norton, Aaron Pecenka

Portland- Drew Douglas, Mason Denning, Cody Johnson, Malik Maxwell, Jared Mayse, Danny Sargent

Gallatin-Dominic Austin, Josh Brimm, Brett Neelly, Tristian Rogers, Nick Tuck

Hendersonville-Drew Dillehay, Jeremias Elston, Sam Pate, Win Phillips, Jon Reed, Drew Richard, Braden Schwerdt, Jacob Throneberry, Cameron Turner

Information from the Murphy Fair 2014 Football Magazine.