2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Since we can't vote for our own stadium haha, Gallatin's wave yard gets my vote with the bleachers being 5 yards from the field. Just a great Friday night atmosphere. Not a big fan of the green wave fans sitting on the away side, but they're respectful and courteous for the most part. Second is The Bear Den just strictly off of looks, gorgeous stadium and pristine field.

Only been to Gallatin's stadium once. But I think I recall one of the corners of one end zone slating upward a bit. Kind of gives the place character. Also the trees at one end seem to be trimmed or cut away so that when you kick an extra point or field goal the ball disappears into the abyss. But all of a sudden a kid comes running out of the tree line with the ball. I assume the ball ends up in someone's back yard or something like that. Not for sure. Had a great time though.

My vote goes to Gallatin. Love the history, tradition and atmosphere. It has a lot of character. It reminds me of my old high school stadium in Ashland, KY. that was opened in the late 1920's. In 1981 we celebrated our school's 500 th victory. Just some thing about that feeling of history and the number of games that have been played there.

Not a fan of stadiums that have running track between field and stands.

This Green Wave fan likes MJ's field the most for an opposing stadium. Like ours, there is no track between the field. Also the field itself is kept up well, and I like how the field is down in a hole. Not having a track would also be a reason that I would actually vote Portland's field pretty high also. Although I will say that Hendersonville has a well kept stadium. Just wish they would make the away side bleacher a little bigger that's all. GHS has done some upgrades that I am interested in seeing this year. Although everything they plan to do may not be done until the 2015 season.

My vote goes to Gallatin. Love the history, tradition and atmosphere. It has a lot of character. It reminds me of my old high school stadium in Ashland, KY. that was opened in the late 1920's. In 1981 we celebrated our school's 500 th victory. Just some thing about that feeling of history and the number of games that have been played there.

Not a fan of stadiums that have running track between field and stands.

There is close to 100 years of football history at that stadium. Not many can say that. I know the Gallatin Historical Society is trying to get in on the registry. It is in the process of getting a facelift and the new brick looks good.

I agree the track always is a negative. Portland's stadium has some interesting traits too with the train track. Hate that blasted horn though!!

Hendersonville's is not bad. Parking is easy and even though they have a track, the height of the stands makes for a good view. I felt the same about Lebanon's old Nokes-Lassiter field. The stands height made for a good view. Always thought it was weird when they swapped home and visitor sides though. We would be in the stands and the Blue Devil fans would be tailgating right below us in the parking lot. Beech has too small a visitor side and the track keeps you off the field. Wilson Central just has no character and the stands are not tall enough to see past their track. Station Camps is new but also lacks character besides that bison statue.

The Two Week Dead Period is over!! Good luck to everyone this summer and fall (except on the Friday night when you play MJ) I hope all of the teams enjoy an injury free Summer and look forward to a great season of Friday Nights!

1st 7 on 7 is Tuesday 8 July and 1st scrimmage is 1 August

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TMHZu4i7RM

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2014/06/17/wilson-county-moves-ahead-school-projects/10672659/

Check out the above links regarding Lebanon's stadium.  I much prefer Lebanon's old field to its new one.  Track still circles field, Height of bleachers is terrible, grass won't grow.  Entire field needs resodding.  Turf conditions should be corrected in time for  this season but they won't be fixing bleachers until 2015 at least.  Evidently when the stadium was being constructed workers forgot to put in risers beneath bleachers and no one with the school caught this.  How does this happen?  People talk about the uniqueness of the video board and maybe the players and students find this cool but honestly I noticed it the first game I went to there, thought it was nice, but haven't paid a bit of attention to it since.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2014/06/17/wilson-county-moves-ahead-school-projects/10672659/

Check out the above links regarding Lebanon's stadium.  I much prefer Lebanon's old field to its new one.  Track still circles field, Height of bleachers is terrible, grass won't grow.  Entire field needs resodding.  Turf conditions should be corrected in time for  this season but they won't be fixing bleachers until 2015 at least.  Evidently when the stadium was being constructed workers forgot to put in risers beneath bleachers and no one with the school caught this.  How does this happen?  People talk about the uniqueness of the video board and maybe the players and students find this cool but honestly I noticed it the first game I went to there, thought it was nice, but haven't paid a bit of attention to it since.

I know it is something that does not even have to with winning football games, but after botching the construction of their football facilities twice, it is easy to see why Lebanon has been a afterthought when it has to come to football for a long time. To spend all the money that they did on a brand new school, only to have issues to come up like this just a couple of years after it was built reflects poorly upon the administration at Lebanon

Check out the above links regarding Lebanon's stadium. I much prefer Lebanon's old field to its new one. Track still circles field, Height of bleachers is terrible, grass won't grow. Entire field needs resodding. Turf conditions should be corrected in time for this season but they won't be fixing bleachers until 2015 at least. Evidently when the stadium was being constructed workers forgot to put in risers beneath bleachers and no one with the school caught this. How does this happen? People talk about the uniqueness of the video board and maybe the players and students find this cool but honestly I noticed it the first game I went to there, thought it was nice, but haven't paid a bit of attention to it since.

That is ridiculous!! I agree, how does this happen?

What a shame about Lebanon's field and stadium. This is unheard of. Obviously; somebody didn't know what they were doing.

The question then becomes ... How on earth does someone win the bid to construct this field/stadium and they are clearly a novice? Secondly, and more importantly, how does this get botched twice?

The question then becomes ... How on earth does someone win the bid to construct this field/stadium and they are clearly a novice? Secondly, and more importantly, how does this get botched twice?

KWC; you are so right. One of two things happened with the bid. Whoever got the bid was by far the lowest; because they didn't know how to do things right , or got bid and realized they couldn't do it for bid price and cut corners. Somebody didn't do their home work on the construction company that built the stadium and field and / or the construction company didn't know how to do it right. Either way it is sad for Lebanon High School and the football team.

Why wouldn't the school board or whoever selected the construction company go back to them and make them fix it right. Should not cost LHS one more penny. Should be a guarantee on the work.