This Mitchell Team is so special.

Galilee

Mitchell stayed at the same Hampton Inn I did....I Spent time talking with the coach's mom many times (and coach's son, "lil coach")...had the chance to speak with the coach at the pool while our children played together....I talked with the asst coaches many times at the breakfast table....My oldest son met many of the players while there....I talked to my 2nd boy about Mitchell's attitude while on the ball floor...We all left the 'boro with the same opinion, Mitchell seemed well coached, well disciplined and appeared  to be a "class act" in all categories. Congrats, and we'll see you all next year.

They truly love each other and share the ball so well. They are truly comitted to defense. They truly deserved that Gold Ball. 2014 1A State Champs.

I totally agree. There is an old saying that says "offense sells tickets but defense wins championships."  Mitchell played man to man with passion and a purpose. Those players had each others back and didn't allow many offensive rebounds from the other team. You always had constant pressure that was applied on the guards.Your man to man was just impressive to watch. Congrats on the Gold Ball. 

I totally agree. There is an old saying that says "offense sells tickets but defense wins championships."  Mitchell played man to man with passion and a purpose. Those players had each others back and didn't allow many offensive rebounds from the other team. You always had constant pressure that was applied on the guards.Your man to man was just impressive to watch. Congrats on the Gold Ball. 

I would respect it if they had won in AA

They truly love each other and share the ball so well. They are truly comitted to defense. They truly deserved that Gold Ball. 2014 1A State Champs.

Your Mitchell Tigers got more than the gold ball Galilee...the ball will always be in the trophy case, and Mitchell's name will forever be in the TSSAA's books as champion. Mitchell's discipline on the floor and classy demeanor should have shown fans across Tennessee that the old standards..."Memphis has talent, but no coaching", and that "city kids can't play precision basketball" are not true. Pressure is the Tiger's game on offense and defense, but you could see the basketball IQ in their game, and the respect for their opponents and their own coach was plain for everyone to see.

Mitchell took the ball back to Memphis, congratulations on that! Mitchell also carried the respect of basketball fans across the state home with them, and everyone who win's state doesn't. Respect isn't "won" by having more points at the game's end, but how you play the game and represent yourself, your team, your coach and your community. Great job!!!

Your Mitchell Tigers got more than the gold ball Galilee...the ball will always be in the trophy case, and Mitchell's name will forever be in the TSSAA's books as champion. Mitchell's discipline on the floor and classy demeanor should have shown fans across Tennessee that the old standards..."Memphis has talent, but no coaching", and that "city kids can't play precision basketball" are not true. Pressure is the Tiger's game on offense and defense, but you could see the basketball IQ in their game, and the respect for their opponents and their own coach was plain for everyone to see.

Mitchell took the ball back to Memphis, congratulations on that! Mitchell also carried the respect of basketball fans across the state home with them, and everyone who win's state doesn't. Respect isn't "won" by having more points at the game's end, but how you play the game and represent yourself, your team, your coach and your community. Great job!!!

I agree, a well coached team & very disciplined and they played so unselfish! I watched the Goodpasture game & I have never seen a bunch of Refs call such an unfair game against Mitchell but the players and coaches never lost their cool even with all the bad calls they got!! Mitchell was ten (10) points better than GP but Refs kept the game close & overall the Refs were terrible at the state Tournament never seen nothing like it!!!! Congrats Mitchell!!

I agree, a well coached team & very disciplined and they played so unselfish! I watched the Goodpasture game & I have never seen a bunch of Refs call such an unfair game against Mitchell but the players and coaches never lost their cool even with all the bad calls they got!! Mitchell was ten (10) points better than GP but Refs kept the game close & overall the Refs were terrible at the state Tournament never seen nothing like it!!!! Congrats Mitchell!!

What an idiot? Humboldt chokes in sub state so this clown jumps on the Mitchell band wagon, pathetic. All you have to do is look at the stat sheet to see that more fouls were called against Goodpasture. Great game by 2 awesome teams doesnt need to be tarnished by some moron suffering from sour grapes because the vikes couldnt make the glass house.