New T$$AA Divisions!

Multiplier won't do anything to open zone schools. They are not drawing enough kids out of zone to be bumped up. Schools would figure out how many out of zone kids they could take without being bumpud up. Again if you want to make life hard on open zone schools just move them up a class if they are going to be open zone. Simple...Since they have a bigger school zone by taking out of zone kids then they should play schools with bigger school zones and more students. Similar to multiplier for privates. Also bigdanteague why should privates stay in tssaa if they are being kicked out of d1? Why wouldn't they form their own governing league and stop giving money to tssaa.? Also I don't think recruiting would pick up most privates set their capacity of enrollment and need all tuition they can get.

"Natural zone", is that zip code or bus route? Still say...woodpecker lips...no school can exist in one zip.

confucuis say...Trousdale County has 1 zip code, Gallatin has 1 zip code, Hendersonville has 1 zip code, ...i think many schools exist with one zip code...donkey lips.

Edited by confuciuschang

Multiplier won't do anything to open zone schools. They are not drawing enough kids out of zone to be bumped up. Schools would figure out how many out of zone kids they could take without being bumpud up. Again if you want to make life hard on open zone schools just move them up a class if they are going to be open zone. Simple...Since they have a bigger school zone by taking out of zone kids then they should play schools with bigger school zones and more students. Similar to multiplier for privates. Also bigdanteague why should privates stay in tssaa if they are being kicked out of d1? Why wouldn't they form their own governing league and stop giving money to tssaa.? Also I don't think recruiting would pick up most privates set their capacity of enrollment and need all tuition they can get.

The multiplier is 1.8 times your enrollment.  i'm not sure but i think this would bump most up a class, but just moving them up anyway would be fine with me.  Most privates are not at capacity so if you have an empty chair and can get some tuition, without hiring more staff then you benefit financially.  even if you give it to them free but your school is more successful at athletics you will draw more payers to your school.  I agree no reason for privates to stay except it is quite expensive to set up a governing board and administrative system to run athletics all over state.  i dont know what the budget is for TSSAA but thats what privates would be faced with coming up with to start their own organization and the number of schools participating is a lot less than publics.  if its no-holds-barred on recruiting i guarantee it will get worse

confucuis say...Trousdale County has 1 zip code, Gallatin has 1 zip code, Hendersonville has 1 zip code, ...i think many schools exist with one zip code...donkey lips.

Still say...confuciuschang head is hard as woodpecker lips. HARTSVILLE zip code...37074...zip codes within TROUSDALE COUNTY...37022, 37031, 37087, 37057. Not one zip code, but five! I'm not going to bother with your other two examples, look them up if you wish.

There are places all over rural areas of the state where a certain zip code doesnt even have a highschool in it. Where do those kids go? We serve three full zip codes and part of two more. Two of the three main ones doesnt have a highschool. There are about 400 people living in them which means not enough for a school, but their kids have to go somewhere.

Teague isn't listening.

The multiplier is 1.8 times your enrollment.  i'm not sure but i think this would bump most up a class, but just moving them up anyway would be fine with me.  Most privates are not at capacity so if you have an empty chair and can get some tuition, without hiring more staff then you benefit financially.  even if you give it to them free but your school is more successful at athletics you will draw more payers to your school.  I agree no reason for privates to stay except it is quite expensive to set up a governing board and administrative system to run athletics all over state.  i dont know what the budget is for TSSAA but thats what privates would be faced with coming up with to start their own organization and the number of schools participating is a lot less than publics.  if its no-holds-barred on recruiting i guarantee it will get worse

I think that the best thing is to keep it simple, privates in one division, publics in another. In my experience, more rules just impede those who follow them and allow an advantage to those who would break them ,just as the system now allows the privates. Schools are zoned by their respective boards of administrators, and thusly policed by the same. TSSAA rarely investigates without a report, usually from the school system involved...if it were a priority to conceal out of zone players enrolled at a public school, the same advantages would be held as the privates now have. Keep the same rules of transfer, allow the public the freedom to choose where their children are educated and play, and remember that the closed zone schools have the choice to open their zones if they wish...they are not "punished" via TSSAA rule, but by their own administration. Henderson Co. is declared open zoned...two high schools...seven elementary/middle schools, each of which is declared a "feeder school" (two border schools are declared swing schools, where students advance to both HS's), and at Scotts Hill, a portion of Decatur Co. is also in their busing zone(via agreement with DCBOE), because the school sits in both counties. Within Henderson Co., there exists a city system with two elementary/middle schools, but no high school, who keep separate records of student addresses. Employees from other county's children are accepted, and to further complicate things...six of the nine schools are extremely close to county borders. If the HCBOE chose to declare the system as closed zone and compete as your plan outlines, there would be no way a platoon of servicemen could enforce the restrictions for zoning.

Take a deep breath. Not sure you are able to read multiple posts by multiple people and accurately comment on it.  why are you droning on about zip codes when they were never mentioned in any of my post.  there are multiple people that comment on here, The zip code idea was not mine and has no correlation with school zones.  But schools do have zones that are set by the county or city school board and usually have geographic or population significance.  they use these zones to determine where kids attend school. And you have to abide by them.  believe it or not this is not a novel idea and is done by some counties.  metro nashville use to be very picky about this.  And no , you're right the case isnt closed , cause next year SP will discover some 240 lb 14 year old at the Jasper Krystal and convince him to come on down to SP and play for a winner. (and please when you respond do it without referring to transfers or zip codes cause i have not mentioned either). 

The thing is, what you say hasn't occurred very much at al.  You could probably count on 1 hand the number of kids living in Jasper that played for SP and probably more the other direction.  This big issue that people over look when the bring up open enrollment is what it means.  It means different things in different counties.  Marion County has bus routes and that is what TSSAA goes by.  If they start before the 9th grade, not a problem but it hasn't happened that much and Jasper probably benefited a lot more than SP from that anyway, especially in the 80s and 90s.  After that, if they switched they would have to sit out a year.  Blount County handles it completely differently plus is a metro area.

BTW, I haven't "droned" on about zips to your posts except mostly that one.  However, it keeps getting brought up. The city limit idea is even dumber.

Edited by rlh

I shouldn't respond( I usually don't with language like you used), but I feel that you took my "cute" remark about the hardness of your head too seriously,so here goes...the zip codes you searched originate outside Trousdale Co., but overlap into it. The map I'm looking at can be accessed at zipmap.net, and illustrates the boundary of the county searched in bold outline...the postal codes are color coded...and yes the five listed DO lie within Trousdale Co., meaning that residents of the county may have one of the five different postal codes as their physical address. I feel kinda' bad that what I thought was a little good natured banter "set you off"...you OK bro?

confucuis say...ok....bro.

Don't get ole slim riled up, he may fling a torque wrench at the noggin!!!!

I kinda felt sorry for him...that he was wrong AND mad, but it was really all in good fun...I thought.

Not too worried about the torque wrench...you seen them little Chinese dudes? Now if it were throwing stars...

Edited by tradertwo