New T$$AA Divisions!

Obviously nothing wrong with moving into a zone for the schools within that zone, its done everyday. There is no ONLY reason teams are successful.  There are many reasons , of which one is they can pull from a much bigger talent pool than the teams they are playing.  Why can everyone get on board to bash the privates, (who need it)_ but you dont want your advantage messed with.  Biggest offenders in the system are the open zone schools, hands down.  Look at state champion contenders every year.  I could fix the system tomorrow if given chance.  Publics - stick to your zoned area that is already established but not enforced. Privates - only play students that pay their own way. NO WORK STUDY, no financial aid.  and if you want to participate in TSSAA open your books and your athletes parents  tax returns for audit.  Case closed. 

Two questions for anyone who would answer:

1.  What is wrong with the family of a student athlete buying a house or moving into a district to go to a school or to play football.  Its perfectly legal.  If you "closed south pitts" zone then that is what many would do in order to go there.

2.  Do you really think the only reason open zone football programs are succesful is because they are open zone ?  Seriously great football programs work really hard and hace great coaching. 

It doesnt take many it only takes a few of the best ones to tilt the playing field.  SET YOUR ZONE  to city limits of south pittsburg.  If some little Jasper  kid just has to come there for the "corn bread making class" that isnt offered at Marion Co he doesnt get to play sports.  If he plays you get hit with multiplier

You are clueless about SP's schoolzone aren't you.  Then you would be whining about MC High's zone going from 3 zip codes to at least 4.5 zip codes.  Plus, they would take up 2/3 of the zip code for SP (37380).  SP is currently in 1 zip code except for a small area of Monteagle which is small with a small zip code.  Whitwell has 1 zip code.  If they limited themselves to the city limits, it would mean MC High would then take over 75% of another zip code. 

Obviously nothing wrong with moving into a zone for the schools within that zone, its done everyday. There is no ONLY reason teams are successful.  There are many reasons , of which one is they can pull from a much bigger talent pool than the teams they are playing.  Why can everyone get on board to bash the privates, (who need it)_ but you dont want your advantage messed with.  Biggest offenders in the system are the open zone schools, hands down.  Look at state champion contenders every year.  I could fix the system tomorrow if given chance.  Publics - stick to your zoned area that is already established but not enforced. Privates - only play students that pay their own way. NO WORK STUDY, no financial aid.  and if you want to participate in TSSAA open your books and your athletes parents  tax returns for audit.  Case closed. 

No the case isn't closed because you don't know what you are talking about.  SP's busing zone is mostly in 37380 zip code plus a small zip code around Monteagle.,and has been for a very long time (at least 1974).  Whitwell's busing zone has been in the 37397 zip code for a very long time.  MC has zip codes for Jasper, Haletown (aka Guild) and Sequatchie.  Sequatchie is an unicorporated town and has probably the oldest post office in the Sequatchie Valley. This zip code Idea has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have heard in a long time.

There are places all over rural areas of the state where a certain zip code doesnt even have a highschool in it. Where do those kids go? We serve three full zip codes and part of two more. Two of the three main ones doesnt have a highschool. There are about 400 people living in them which means not enough for a school, but their kids have to go somewhere.

Take a deep breath. Not sure you are able to read multiple posts by multiple people and accurately comment on it.  why are you droning on about zip codes when they were never mentioned in any of my post.  there are multiple people that comment on here, The zip code idea was not mine and has no correlation with school zones.  But schools do have zones that are set by the county or city school board and usually have geographic or population significance.  they use these zones to determine where kids attend school. And you have to abide by them.  believe it or not this is not a novel idea and is done by some counties.  metro nashville use to be very picky about this.  And no , you're right the case isnt closed , cause next year SP will discover some 240 lb 14 year old at the Jasper Krystal and convince him to come on down to SP and play for a winner. (and please when you respond do it without referring to transfers or zip codes cause i have not mentioned either). 

No the case isn't closed because you don't know what you are talking about.  SP's busing zone is mostly in 37380 zip code plus a small zip code around Monteagle.,and has been for a very long time (at least 1974).  Whitwell's busing zone has been in the 37397 zip code for a very long time.  MC has zip codes for Jasper, Haletown (aka Guild) and Sequatchie.  Sequatchie is an unicorporated town and has probably the oldest post office in the Sequatchie Valley. This zip code Idea has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have heard in a long time.

Take a deep breath. Not sure you are able to read multiple posts by multiple people and accurately comment on it.  why are you droning on about zip codes when they were never mentioned in any of my post.  there are multiple people that comment on here, The zip code idea was not mine and has no correlation with school zones.  But schools do have zones that are set by the county or city school board and usually have geographic or population significance.  they use these zones to determine where kids attend school. And you have to abide by them.  believe it or not this is not a novel idea and is done by some counties.  metro nashville use to be very picky about this.  And no , you're right the case isnt closed , cause next year SP will discover some 240 lb 14 year old at the Jasper Krystal and convince him to come on down to SP and play for a winner. (and please when you respond do it without referring to transfers or zip codes cause i have not mentioned either).

I don't know what goes on at SP, but if I lived in Marion CO and my son was a good football player, he'd go to SP.With all the success SP has had over the years, I'm sure kids who could have went to either school opted to do the same.

I would too, but it doesnt make it right.  thats no different than saying if i lived in clarksville and The Academy was going to give me discounted or free tuition i would sure take it.  the question is not whether you would or not but whether you should be allowed.

I'm with you all the way. Its just to easy for some schools to manipulate the rules.

I would too, but it doesnt make it right.  thats no different than saying if i lived in clarksville and The Academy was going to give me discounted or free tuition i would sure take it.  the question is not whether you would or not but whether you should be allowed.

To be honest, I think every parent should have the right to put their kids in the school of their choice. If a school offers a better education, has better sports,safer enviroment or whatever . As long as they can getum there,what the heck. These kids only grow up once,they should be allowed the best oppertunitied available. But at the same time, schools who never get the transfers shouldn't be in the same class as the one's loading up.

Isn't single A (football)  almost all small rural schools now?  Sorry guys, but life isn't fair. There will always be communities that have better athletes and facilities than yours.  If your district is not open-zoned, the only thing stopping that is your local school board.  The important thing is to train our children to do their best in whatever they do.

Great programs do come and go.  Once upon a time Springfield was a dominate State power. Also Chattanooga Central comes to mind as well.  Communities that love their football, invest (ie. spend their tax dollars) to make sure that their schools' athletic programs are competitive, others chose not to and whine when they are not successful.

To be honest, I think every parent should have the right to put their kids in the school of their choice. If a school offers a better education, has better sports,safer enviroment or whatever . As long as they can getum there,what the heck. These kids only grow up once,they should be allowed the best oppertunitied available. But at the same time, schools who never get the transfers shouldn't be in the same class as the one's loading up.

i kind of agree, I know i would have picked the best opportunity for my child but i think to level playing field open zones and privates that give any aid should get multiplier. I'm not a Private fan but it just seems easy to throw rocks at them when many publics are abusing the system just like they are.  .    

Isn't single A (football)  almost all small rural schools now?  Sorry guys, but life isn't fair. There will always be communities that have better athletes and facilities than yours.  If your district is not open-zoned, the only thing stopping that is your local school board.  The important thing is to train our children to do their best in whatever they do.

Great programs do come and go.  Once upon a time Springfield was a dominate State power. Also Chattanooga Central comes to mind as well.  Communities that love their football, invest (ie. spend their tax dollars) to make sure that their schools' athletic programs are competitive, others chose not to and whine when they are not successful.

If you look at the populations of Roan mt and Union City, you might be surprised. All 1a teams are not, all that rural.