Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

Pressure on whom? The kids im sure put just as much pressure on themselves as any fan would, maybe more. So I can only assume your talking about Coach Clark. He is not going anywhere. 

You're right, lots of pressure to win at all levels, but that's what makes sports what it is.

How do you see the 1st game vs Farragut, DB has a good win streak going against the Ad's lately.

DB Fans - Some of you seem to be less than thrilled about the new stadium, and you make some valid points.      I'm just wondering if this in any way puts a little more pressure on DB to (ahem) advance a little further in the post-season?      IMO that would be totally  unfair to the team, the players would work just as hard each week if they were playing on Fridays in a cow pasture because they love the game, but that is sometimes the reality of HS sports.     When Science Hill got the new duds I'm sure we all remember the sideline talk about notching it up a little, and you gotta think the team feels that pressure.   Any Tenn High Vikings fans feel free to chime in too, since you guys have a new castle.

Maybe this is not the case @ DB, perhaps some of you closer to the program know.      Either way, looking forward to being there for the Boone game on 10/3.... although I gotta say with all the renovations on the home side, the visitor side is still kinda lousy, but you guys do have some pretty good concessions.     Best of luck in 2014.    Man I am so ready for kickoff

It was said before the built the new field house that it would improve the football team. It's nice and better that what they had for sure and probably has helped some. But we still haven't had a team that is better than some of the teams just prior to the building of the field house. I remember some saying it was what DB needed to get over the hump and win a state championship. They hasn't happened. Long story short is a new field house and a new stadium is nice to look at but will never win a single game for you. If you heard the comments Stacy Compton made at the board meeting in Johnson City when they were voting on their new field house you will see this is spilling over in topper country also. He pretty much said they couldn't beat DB without a new field house. LOL!

It was said before the built the new field house that it would improve the football team. It's nice and better that what they had for sure and probably has helped some. But we still haven't had a team that is better than some of the teams just prior to the building of the field house. I remember some saying it was what DB needed to get over the hump and win a state championship. They hasn't happened. Long story short is a new field house and a new stadium is nice to look at but will never win a single game for you. If you heard the comments Stacy Compton made at the board meeting in Johnson City when they were voting on their new field house you will see this is spilling over in topper country also. He pretty much said they couldn't beat DB without a new field house. LOL!

Right on!!      Those types of statements are so disparaging to the coaches and players.   Of course everyone wants to win, and that is why you practice so hard, but to pin winning on some tangential factor like a new (fill-in-the-blank)  .....

I wonder how many pals commercials will be broadcasted on new video scoreboard ;)

Until you wrote this,I'd forgot one of my boys shot a Pals commercial back in the spring.I don't even know if it has been shown yet.Anyway,as for the pressure of the new upgrades.I look at it like the big E building a high dollar cabin on the mountain.It's nice to look at and get a free biscuit every now and then but it's not going to make me work any harder or do any less.If the rest of the players feel like my kids,then we will be fine.It's always been plenty incentive enough for my kids just to represent themselves and DB by giving their best effort every time they step onto the field or the weight room or class room.That's all you can ask of any kid .

Until you wrote this,I'd forgot one of my boys shot a Pals commercial back in the spring.I don't even know if it has been shown yet.Anyway,as for the pressure of the new upgrades.I look at it like the big E building a high dollar cabin on the mountain.It's nice to look at and get a free biscuit every now and then but it's not going to make me work any harder or do any less.If the rest of the players feel like my kids,then we will be fine.It's always been plenty incentive enough for my kids just to represent themselves and DB by giving their best effort every time they step onto the field or the weight room or class room.That's all you can ask of any kid .

The tradition is plenty incentive for anybody that suits up for DB. I can only think of one team at DB in my lifetime that wasn't driven by tradition. And I probably shouldn't say "team" but a "group" within the team. I bet everyone knows what year that was.  

The tradition is plenty incentive for anybody that suits up for DB. I can only think of one team at DB in my lifetime that wasn't driven by tradition. And I probably shouldn't say "team" but a "group" within the team. I bet everyone knows what year that was.

Every year there are kids that fit into that kind of group.The problem with that year was there were only a very few that were motivated and the athletes were few and far between.Not so wirh these younger classes.There are a couple of problem kids from middle school , but that will work itself out one way or the other over the next year or two.

What is J Fred's approximate capacity with the new addition?

Some stats I found through various articles.  Before the renovation there were about 3,800 season ticket holders.  That number will be closer to 4,500 now.  The stadium capacity before the renovation and before the endzone seating opposite of the band was at about 8,000 seating.  I think that number includes the baseball stadium, which would be like end zone seating in a college stadium.  Add the renovation and the additional endzone seating, you should be at about 9,000 seated.  The baseball stadium, being further from the field is always the last area to fill up.  People would rather stand close to the field, then sit in the baseball area, unless there is rain or if you have a family and/or are older and need to sit. The athletic director stated about 2 years ago that games averaged 5,000 (bad night) 7,000 (average night) and 10,000 (good night).  The stadium has had games approaching 15,000, the last would have been DB vs Science Hill 2012.  I now teach and coach in the Nashville area and have also been to every major high school football venue in the state.  I can say that at far as fan turnout, no school comes close to Dobyns Bennett in football.

Some stats I found through various articles.  Before the renovation there were about 3,800 season ticket holders.  That number will be closer to 4,500 now.  The stadium capacity before the renovation and before the endzone seating opposite of the band was at about 8,000 seating.  I think that number includes the baseball stadium, which would be like end zone seating in a college stadium.  Add the renovation and the additional endzone seating, you should be at about 9,000 seated.  The baseball stadium, being further from the field is always the last area to fill up.  People would rather stand close to the field, then sit in the baseball area, unless there is rain or if you have a family and/or are older and need to sit. The athletic director stated about 2 years ago that games averaged 5,000 (bad night) 7,000 (average night) and 10,000 (good night).  The stadium has had games approaching 15,000, the last would have been DB vs Science Hill 2012.  I now teach and coach in the Nashville area and have also been to every major high school football venue in the state.  I can say that at far as fan turnout, no school comes close to Dobyns Bennett in football.

The biggest that I've seen  would probably be the 2006 game against South.Great game for the good guys.